Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
184 views

Hi guys,

I'm using a grid control with scrolling en paging enabled. Everything works fine except that the grid displays a horizontal scrollbar which is not necessary. Can you tell me how to get rid of the horizontal scrollbar?

I'm using IE 6.0.

<telerik:RadGrid ID="itemGrid" runat="server" Width="100%" Height="100%" 
    GridLines="None" AllowSorting="True" AllowPaging="True" PageSize="25" AllowMultiRowSelection="True" 
    OnNeedDataSource="itemGrid_NeedDataSource" OnSelectedIndexChanged="itemGrid_SelectedIndexChanged">  
    <PagerStyle Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric" PagerTextFormat="Change page: {4} | Displaying page {0} of {1}, items {2} to {3} of {5}" /> 
    <MasterTableView AutoGenerateColumns="False" TableLayout="Fixed" ClientDataKeyNames="Id,Iteration" Width="100%">  
        <Columns> 
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="Id" DataField="Id" Display="False" /> 
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="Status" DataField="Status" Display="False" /> 
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="LockUserId" DataField="LockUserId" Display="False" /> 
            <bisolid:ItemTypeGridColumn HeaderStyle-Width="20" ItemStyle-Width="20" /> 
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn Headertext="Name" UniqueName="Name" DataField="Name" /> 
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn Headertext="Iteration" UniqueName="Iteration" HeaderStyle-Width="70" ItemStyle-Width="70" DataField="Iteration" /> 
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn Headertext="Version" UniqueName="Version" HeaderStyle-Width="70" ItemStyle-Width="70" DataField="Version" /> 
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn Headertext="Status" UniqueName="StatusDescription" HeaderStyle-Width="70" ItemStyle-Width="70" DataField="StatusDescription" /> 
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn Headertext="Date-Time" UniqueName="Timestamp" HeaderStyle-Width="100" ItemStyle-Width="100" DataField="Timestamp" DataFormatString="{0:g}" /> 
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn Headertext="User" UniqueName="Username" HeaderStyle-Width="100" ItemStyle-Width="100" DataField="Username" /> 
        </Columns> 
    </MasterTableView> 
    <ClientSettings EnablePostBackOnRowClick="true" ClientEvents-OnRowSelected="itemGrid_onRowSelected">  
        <Selecting AllowRowSelect="True" /> 
        <Scrolling AllowScroll="True" UseStaticHeaders="True" SaveScrollPosition="True" /> 
        <ClientEvents OnRowContextMenu="itemGrid_onRowContextMenu" /> 
    </ClientSettings> 
</telerik:RadGrid> 

Thanks,

Walter
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Jun 2008
1 answer
89 views
I'm receiving the error message that the Calendar.DatePickerClientEvents does not have a public property named 'typingtimeout'.  Where did 'typingtimeout' move to?  I cannot find it in the documentation.  Thank you!
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Jun 2008
5 answers
146 views
Am I missing something or did the rotator not get "upgraded" to a prometheus version?

Al
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Jun 2008
1 answer
116 views
I am trying to get a grid to fit within a container and be 100% of the width and height. I have tried it many different ways with no success.

here is the code snippet from the aspx page that I am using. It seems to work fine in Firefox, but not IE. Any Suggestions.

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"></asp:ScriptManager>
<asp:AccessDataSource ID="AccessDataSource1" DataFile="~/App_Data/Nwind.mdb"
SelectCommand="SELECT CustomerID, CompanyName, ContactName, ContactTitle, Address, PostalCode FROM Customers"runat="server"></asp:AccessDataSource>
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="width:100%;height:100%;">
<tr style="height:30px;"><td style="height:30px;padding:3px;">
toolbar here
</td></tr>
<tr style="height:30px;"><td style="height:30px;">
menubar here
</td>
</tr>
<tr><td style="background-color:Aqua;">
<div style="height:100%;width:100%;overflow:hidden;background-color:#fff;">
<telerik:RadGrid Height="100%" Width="100%" ID="RadGrid1" runat="server" AllowSorting="True" GridLines="None" DataSourceID="AccessDataSource1" Skin="Vista">
<PagerStyle Mode="NumericPages" />
<MasterTableView Width="100%" />
<HeaderStyle Width="400px" />
<ClientSettings>
<Scrolling AllowScroll="True" UseStaticHeaders="True" SaveScrollPosition="True"></Scrolling>
</ClientSettings>
</telerik:RadGrid>
</div>
</td></tr>
</table>

Thanks,
Tom

Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 03 Jun 2008
1 answer
131 views
Hello,

I am using a RadGrid with EditMode="Popup", but I am not using any automatic data operations - due to some very complex data structures and business logic, I've written my own code to handle saving my edits in the ItemCommand event.  Then I manually fire the ItemUpdated event.  But I can't get the edit popup to close!  I can't find a method anywhere that I can call to take the grid out of edit mode.  Can anyone tell me what I should be calling?

Thanks.
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 03 Jun 2008
1 answer
119 views
2 problems.

1. After Sorting, i click to a page site (Paging). After that, no data appears, why ?

2. I will an sorting only with Ascending and Descending. when i click the sort column, the column should asc or desc and NOT NONE. how can i set the sorting mode only for Asc or Desc. I wan't an 3. State !


http://www.sport-events.ch/sportarten.aspx



public

partial class sportarten : System.Web.UI.Page

{

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

if (!Page.IsPostBack)

{

if (Master.FindControl("sportarten") != null)

{

((

HtmlAnchor)Master.FindControl("sportarten")).Attributes["class"] = "selected";

}

fillGrid();

}

}

private void fillGrid()

{

SqlDataAdapter da = null;

DataSet ds = new DataSet();

string query = "";

query =

"SELECT * FROM Sports";

try

{

da =

new SqlDataAdapter(query, ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["ConnectionStringName"].ConnectionString);

DataTable dataTable = new DataTable();

da.Fill(dataTable);

dgSport.DataSource = dataTable;

}

catch (Exception ex)

{

}

finally

{

}

}

protected void dgSport_PageIndexChanged(object source, Telerik.Web.UI.GridPageChangedEventArgs e)

{

fillGrid();

}

protected void dgSport_SortCommand(object source, Telerik.Web.UI.GridSortCommandEventArgs e)

{

fillGrid();

}

protected void dgSport_NeedDataSource(object source, GridNeedDataSourceEventArgs e)

{

fillGrid();

}

}

Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 03 Jun 2008
1 answer
163 views
Hello,

I know I saw this answer somewhere, but couldn't find it, can someone point me to the link that has this info:

When using a GridBoundColumn, in the 

RadGrid1_ItemDataBound event for when editing the row,

I need to be able get the value of the original value of the GridBoundColumn.  So, in review, when the grid loads the first time, I have a row of data with a gridbouldcolumn set to a specific data value.  When clicking edit, to edit that row, I need to reference this original gridbouldcolumn value. 

Also looking for how to do this using GridTemplateColumns...I know I saw an example out there,

Thanks much,
John

Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 03 Jun 2008
1 answer
151 views
Is there a property of RadGrid that I can set to display when the datasource for the grid is empty?  They have this property in the standard GridView, so I'm sure it's in RadGrid, just haven't been able to find it...?

Thanks!

Eddie
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 03 Jun 2008
1 answer
68 views
I have a grid where I don't want the rows to highlight on hover.  I've set the ClientSettings-EnableRowHoverStyle to "false", but it still changes background color when I hover over each row.  I also set Selecting-AllowRowSelect to "false" - didn't work either.  Is there some other setting I'm not aware of that controls that?

Thanks!
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 03 Jun 2008
1 answer
114 views
InvalidCastException on a datepicker column while inserting a new row.

<

telerik:RadDatePicker ID="RadDatePicker1" runat="server" SelectedDate = '<%# Eval( "EFF_FROM_DATE") %>'></telerik:RadDatePicker>


OK.  It is a brand new row.  Why should I get a error when obviously the value is going to be null?

Thanks

Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 03 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?