Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
50 views
Hello Support

i want to use my own skin for the radgrid, currently i am using the default skin but i want to make it look like my company color scheme

so please gide me through the process

thanks
~A
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Jun 2008
3 answers
240 views
I get a  DataTable dt .I want to  put  two of dt's Column data in a GridButtonColumn of the RadGrid.How I can do it ?
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Jun 2008
5 answers
249 views
Hi, no matter what I do to the Pointmark appearance it doesn't change the size of the point. I have used the following

ChartSeries1.Appearance.PointMark.Dimensions.Height = 30;
ChartSeries1.Appearance.PointMark.Dimensions.Width = 30;
ChartSeries1.Appearance.PointMark.Visible =

true;

// Range High

ChartSeries2.Appearance.PointMark.Dimensions.Height=5;
ChartSeries2.Appearance.PointMark.Dimensions.Width = 5;
ChartSeries2.Appearance.PointMark.Visible =

true;

Yet both of the points are exactly the same size, is there another way of doing this ?

Trong
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Jun 2008
1 answer
56 views

Hi,

I am web developer working in Visual Studio 2008 using the Version: 2007.1 626 for Rad Controls for ASP.Net Ajax.

 Kindly confirm whether this version will work with Visual Studio 2008.

Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Jun 2008
2 answers
206 views
Yet another n00b question...

I'm using Master/Content pages. One content pages has the RadSplitter with simple right and left panes.  The right pane uses ContentURL to point to another apsx content page.

So, that content page contains a RadMenu and RadGrid.  The grid is bound to a DataView manually created on PageLoad.  One of the menu options is a menu of filter options for the grid.  The menu is configured to launch a RadMenu2_ItemClick event that applies a DataView.RowFilter then binds the DataView back to the gird.

What I'm attempting to achieve is a no-postback refresh of the grid.

I've tried adding the RadAJAXManager to the content page containing the menu and graph but I'm having no luck, and I'm also a little confused as to what I should be binding it to. The menu is launching the event, but the the grid is being refreshed...which should be ajaxifyied through the manager?

When I add the manager to the page and select Configure, neither the Menu nor the Grid show up as controls in the Property Builder.  I've tried using the examples in the Help files to configure it manually, but I'm still getting full page refreshes.

Am I approaching this filtering completly wrong, or just missing something with the usage of the manager?

Thanks in advance,
Rick
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Jun 2008
1 answer
122 views
Hi,
I have a grid that has AutomaticUpdates enabled. However, not all rows should be allowed to be edited ( depends on checkbox column = true). Is it possible to hide the "edit" command (image) for these rows ?

Thanks
Mark
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 03 Jun 2008
3 answers
112 views
The WebBlue skin breaks in Safari due to that "offset" thing it does that is unlike any of the other controls....for an example you need look no further than:

http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/TabStrip/Examples/Appearance/Skins/DefaultCS.aspx

Click on the WebBlue skin (I'm using Safari 3.1.1) -- instead of the Active tab being aligned at the bottom with the others as it does in both FireFox and IE it is instead extending down several pixels and pushing the content below the control out such that it looks terrible.

I would greatly appreciate any help with a solution here.
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Jun 2008
3 answers
136 views
This has me pulling my hair out-  really strange thing is that it was working.

I have a content page with radCombos, radToolTips, and RadEditor, with AjaxManager, RadScriptManager, and RadStyleSheetManager.  Everything was working fine until I updated web.config and .dlls to 2008.1.515.35, and now the style link:
/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bTelerik.Web.UI%2c+Version%3d2008.1.515.35%2c+Culture%3dneutral%2c+PublicKeyToken%3d121fae78165ba3d4%3aen-US%3a6090bf79-f951-4c8a-a99d-8c7654f79907%3a10fb53e4%3aeef89ce9%3acaa71065%3a28133a98%3a348638f9%3a88a2ab5b    
 
 

...fails with error:
System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.  
   at System.Reflection.Module._GetTypesInternal(StackCrawlMark& stackMark)  
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()  
   at Telerik.Web.UI.CombinedScriptWriter.ScriptAssemblyInfo.get_AssemblyType()  
   at Telerik.Web.UI.CombinedScriptWriter.<>c__DisplayClass2.<WriteScripts>b__0(Match match)  
   at System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexReplacement.Replace(MatchEvaluator evaluator, Regex regex, String input, Int32 count, Int32 startat)  
   at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace(String input, MatchEvaluator evaluator, Int32 count, Int32 startat)  
   at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace(String input, MatchEvaluator evaluator)  
   at Telerik.Web.UI.CombinedScriptWriter.WriteScripts(List`1 scriptEntries, TextWriter outputWriter)  
   at Telerik.Web.UI.CombinedScriptWriter.WriteCombinedScriptFile()  
   at Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)  
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()  
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) 

I've checked, rechecked my dlls, web.config registrations..  I've tried both with/without the version in the registration... double checked dll versions... which I believe is all okay-- after all, the RadScriptManager uses the same handler and it's not failing.

Script link is:
/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_RadScriptManager1_HiddenField&_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bTelerik.Web.UI%2c+Version%3d2008.1.515.35%2c+Culture%3dneutral%2c+PublicKeyToken%3d121fae78165ba3d4%3aen-US%3a6090bf79-f951-4c8a-a99d-8c7654f79907%3a393f5085%3a34f9d57d%3a9703c1f0%3aa3f85c94%3a665c7bcf%3a526d426%3a4b40c3e6%3a9f00b839%3ab525c68b%3a70e0d5b9%3ad438be25%3a80c4ad6d  
 

If I remove the 6 stylesheets...
%3a10fb53e4%3aeef89ce9%3acaa71065%3a28133a98%3a348638f9%3a88a2ab5b  
 

from the link url, and browse it directly... it doesn't fail. (returns blank)
Add any one of the 6 to the link url, and it fails.

It works on my localhost (IIS7, remote is IIS6), and, of course, if I set:
EnableStyleSheetCombine="false" 
then, it works.

What could be wrong??

Much thanks for help on this!
David

Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Jun 2008
1 answer
130 views
I'm following up on a discussion in thread http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-mecat.aspx  .

The issue is that the Input control will truncate a number if more decimal places are entered. PeterK put it better than me:


Input     Desired Result          Actual Result
2              2.00                         2.00                SUCCESS
2.25         2.25                          2.25               SUCCESS
2.245        2.245                       2.25                FAIL

Missing User
 answered on 03 Jun 2008
1 answer
134 views
I'm building an aspx page in which the user enters some data in a text box and clicks a button. At this point I'd like to create and populate the grid and add the grid to a PlaceHolder on the page. Can all of this happen within the button click event - most of the examples build the grid in the Page Load or Init events? I can get this to sort of work. The grid is created, populated, and displayed, however, when I click to expand a row, the page does a postback and the grid disappears.

Any ideas on why this is happening or a better way to implement a solution?
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 03 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?