Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
174 views
I noticed when upgrading to the ASP.Net Ajax version of RadSpell from ASP.Net 2007.2's RadSpell that I lost the ability to set the ButtonImage and ButtonHoverImage properties. I don't get any errors attempting to set these from the designer, but they no longer seem to work when setting the buttontype property to ImageButton. I still receive a LinkButton without any image decoration.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
2 answers
69 views
Hi,

How can I clear style (style = "width:100%")  for the TextBox of RadDateTimePicker control?

Best regards, Amadeus.
Amadeus
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
1 answer
87 views
Hi,

I have a radcombobox in the radgrid, it is working fine but when it is disabled for a specific condition, it is giving a following javacript error when I take mouse over the control.
Sys.ArgumentException: Value must be a DOM Element.

Any help?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,

Manish
Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
1 answer
133 views

I have some RadGrids bound to some data and I need to be able to get the IDs from the underlying data.  I checked your documentation and saw the following code for doing this:

I have also seen code like the following to do the same thing:

Are there any cleaner ways to get these IDs from our Rad Grids?

 

Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
6 answers
166 views
I created several simple views for some SQL data using the RadGrid Control using the Q3.2007 version 'Prometheus'. When I upgraded the applications to use the SP1 version, I realized two differences:

1. The style of the filter menu changed
2. The filter is now case sensitive

I tried the RTM version of Q1.2008 and noticed that

1. The style of the filter menu was again different (from the other two)
2. The filter is also case sensitive

Screenshots and demo projects are available.

My questions:
1. How do I get the case insensitive filter back for SP1?

The style of the filter menu from Q3.2007 looks much more like Excel Autofilter than the other two versions. It also is much more compact.

2. Why did you change this?
3. Is there an easy way to get the old style back?

Regards

Martin
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
1 answer
87 views
Hi all,
I use RadGrid Control, I want to custom paging below:

<PagerStyle Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric" NextPageText="Next"         PagerTextFormat="Total {5} &amp;nbsp; Page: {4}"
PrevPageText="Prev" Position="TopAndBottom" />


I want :

Total Left align

Page Right align

Please help me
Thanks!
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
1 answer
415 views
hEllO
i want set for each column in a RadGrid
i use from  <HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" />
but not work properly


ThAnKs
Davari
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
6 answers
149 views
I'm attempting to make a quick ajax database lookup while the person types in the Postcode field, with the intention that the suburb and state fields populate when a match is made (postcode is 4 numbers so I guess ideally it wouldn't do a lookup until the postcode field is 4 characters in length).

I can achieve this easily hand coding the AJAX, but am having issues getting the RadAjax controls to do the work. The event is definitely firing, the ajaxRequest method just isn't doing anything. Couldn't find any directly applicable examples or documentation although in my mind it would be a commonly done thing. I just must have missed something.

Here is a small clean example of my code (master page is basic HTML and SQL queries are simple lookups on postcode field).

<%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/legal/Legal.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="postcode.aspx.vb" Inherits="legal_postcode" title="Untitled Page" %> 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %> 
<asp:Content ID="cntHead" ContentPlaceHolderID="cplHead" Runat="Server"> 
  <script type="text/javascript"> 
    function PostcodeAjax(eventArgs) { 
      <%=radAJAX.ClientID%>.ajaxRequest(eventArgs); 
    } 
  </script> 
</asp:Content> 
<asp:Content ID="cntBody" ContentPlaceHolderID="cplBody" Runat="Server"> 
  <asp:ScriptManager ID="scmAJAX" runat="server" /> 
  <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="radAJAX" runat="server"> 
    <AjaxSettings> 
      <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="tbxAddress_Postcode_C"> 
        <UpdatedControls> 
          <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="tbxAddress_Suburb_C" /> 
          <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="tbxAddress_State_C" /> 
        </UpdatedControls> 
      </telerik:AjaxSetting> 
    </AjaxSettings> 
  </telerik:RadAjaxManager> 
   
  <asp:SqlDataSource ID="sqlSuburbList" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:PRM_AFPConnectionString %>" 
    SelectCommand="usp_AFP_AjaxSuburbList2" SelectCommandType="StoredProcedure"> 
    <SelectParameters> 
      <asp:ControlParameter ControlID="tbxAddress_Postcode_C" Name="Postcode" Type="String" PropertyName="Text" Size="4" /> 
    </SelectParameters> 
  </asp:SqlDataSource> 
 
  <asp:SqlDataSource ID="sqlStateList" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:PRM_AFPConnectionString %>" 
    SelectCommand="usp_AFP_AjaxStateList" SelectCommandType="StoredProcedure"> 
    <SelectParameters> 
      <asp:ControlParameter ControlID="tbxAddress_Postcode_C" Name="Postcode" Type="String" PropertyName="Text" Size="4" /> 
    </SelectParameters> 
  </asp:SqlDataSource> 
   
  <asp:Label ID="lblAddress_Postcode_C" AssociatedControlID="tbxAddress_Postcode_C" runat="server" Text="Postcode (AU):" /> 
  <asp:TextBox ID="tbxAddress_Postcode_C" runat="server" onkeyup="PostcodeAjax('tbxAddress_Postcode_C');" MaxLength="4" /> 
  <br /> 
  <asp:Label ID="lblAddress_Suburb_C" AssociatedControlID="ddlAddress_Suburb_C" runat="server" Text="Suburb (AU):" /> 
  <asp:DropDownList ID="ddlAddress_Suburb_C" runat="server" DataSourceID="sqlSuburbList" DataTextField="Suburb" DataValueField="Suburb" /> 
  <br /> 
  <asp:Label ID="lblAddress_State_C" AssociatedControlID="ddlAddress_State_C" runat="server" Text="State (AU):" /> 
  <asp:DropDownList ID="ddlAddress_State_C" runat="server" DataSourceID="sqlStateList" DataTextField="State" DataValueField="State" /> 
 
</asp:Content> 
 
 

Paul Wood
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
3 answers
216 views
Hi,

I am using a different third party component. And i want to replace this component with telerik. But i need to be sure that i can do every thing with telerik too.

Here is the senario,

There is a treeview on the page. All nodes filled server side. Because there are lots of nodes exist. And there is an auto complete combobox on the tree. User write something inside the combobox and select something. and i want to expand the tree untill user selection.

There tree is dynamic. User can select different reports and according to report tree content is changing.

I hope, i can tell what i need to do.

Regards,
Puzsol
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Jun 2008
5 answers
218 views
How do I replace/turn off the recurrence edit pop up window?

I would like to replace it with an alert window that says: "Editing a recurrence type appointment is not supported at this time".

I can use OnAppointmentDoubleClick client api event, but how do I check if the  appointment is a recurrence type or not?

Thanks!
Yamil
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?