Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
355 views
Hi guys,

We have several projects using the RadCombobox, and in one particular situation (using DNN v.04.06.02) the arrow button gets placed below the text box. I made sure its container wasn't too small and it was wrapping in some weird way, but it is half the size in width of it's containing table cell. I have several other projects in the same environment using the same components, but not doing this. Has anyone ever had this happen? Here is my code:

<%@ Register Assembly="RadComboBox.Net2" Namespace="Telerik.WebControls" TagPrefix="radC" %>

...

<
radC:RadComboBox ID="lstState" runat="server" RadControlsDir="~/controls/RadControls/" Height="100px" Skin="Default" title="Select State"></radC:RadComboBox>

The link to the site in question is here:
Click Here

Any ideas?

Regards,

Marco Andrade



Marco
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Jun 2008
1 answer
81 views



Displaying tool tip different for different hiearch levels?

T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jun 2008
3 answers
191 views
Hi,



I have some a multiple combo boxes on client selected  index changed of 1st should appear 2nd on client selected  index changed of 2nd should appear 4 labels.
For drop downs itz done by using itemsrequested event.For labels i have written the code in selected index changed on server side.But i need it on client selected index changed.

I know it's very simple problem as i am new to using rad controls, i am facing some difficulty.

Any Suggetions??

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Laxmi
Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jun 2008
3 answers
75 views
Hi,

This is laxmi.
I am using multiple combo boxes in my application.
We have 4 combo boxes (continent,country,city,office) on selection of office 4 labels should appear for (street,pobox,city,zipcode)

Can any one help me out how to display label on selection of office in client side.

Thanks in advance.
Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jun 2008
1 answer
173 views
Help me please! How to localize RadUpload and RadProgressArea? Where there should be resource files resx? Thanks!
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jun 2008
7 answers
351 views
I've run into two problems after switching my 4.6 grid to use the new 2008.1.415 grid, both relating to the sort direction arrow image in the grid header.

First, SortAscImageUrl and SortDescImageUrl  no longer seem to be doing anything at all.  No matter what I put in there, I get the standard little v and ^ arrow images.  I'm using a customized version of the WebBlue skin.  Every other part of the skin appears to be working.  I might be doing something wrong with the paths, but I don't think so, since this had been working in 4.6.

Second, in my GridTemplateColumn, my column heading is an icon, instead of text.  However, if I try to set ShowSortIcon="false" (which says it should turn off the sort arrow icon), it actually turns off my column heading icon!  Ack!

Here's an excerpt of my ASPX.  I've cut out some of the regular columns which are working properly:

                <telerik:RadGrid ID="InstanceListGrid" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" AllowSorting="True" Skin="CDSWebBlue"  
                    CssClass="TableHandCursor" GridLines="None" OnSortCommand="InstanceListGrid_SortCommand" Width="765px" 
                    OnItemDataBound="InstanceListGrid_ItemDataBound" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false"> 
                    <MasterTableView DataKeyNames="instance_id"> 
                        <ExpandCollapseColumn Visible="False"/> 
                        <RowIndicatorColumn Visible="False"/> 
                        <Columns> 
                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="port_desc" HeaderText="Description" UniqueName="port_desc" > 
                                    <HeaderStyle Width="200px" /> 
                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
                            <telerik:GridTemplateColumn SortExpression="NeedToSave" HeaderImageUrl="~/Resources/Images/icon_02a_save_16x16.gif" HeaderStyle-Wrap="false" ShowSortIcon="false" SortAscImageUrl="~/Resources/Images/icon_99_placeholder.gif" SortDescImageUrl="~/Resources/Images/icon_99_placeholder.gif"> 
                                <HeaderStyle Width="26px" /> 
                                <ItemTemplate> 
                                    <asp:Image ID="Image1" ImageUrl="~/Resources/Images/icon_02a_save_16x16.gif" runat="server"  /> 
                                     
                                </ItemTemplate> 
                            </telerik:GridTemplateColumn> 
 

Basically, the GridTemplateColumn shows a little diskette icon as its header.  Then, for rows representing data which needs to be saved, it shows the diskette icon again, or just a blank for other rows.  If I set ShowSortIcon="false" (as in the snipped above), I just see a blank gap in the column header -- no diskette icon there.  And, without ShowSortIcon="false", the SortAsc and SortDesc images don't use the images I want.  Note that the path to my SortAsc and SortDesc images is the same as the path to the HeaderImageUrl (which does display), so I know my paths are good.

The SortAsc and SortDesc image properties don't seem to have any effect on any of the grid columns, but it's only for this template column where I had a need to override the defaults.

Thanks for your advice.


Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jun 2008
1 answer
160 views
Hi,

I have written all the necessary javascript functions in <script> block of .aspx page, which are working fine when there are placed in <script> block.

When i place the javascript code in a .js file and taking the reference of it in .aspx, the editor is not invoking the javascript functions.

I want to place my js code in a separate js file. Is there anyway to do this?
Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jun 2008
1 answer
142 views
Hi,

I am executing all the commands like Bold, Underline, AjaxSpellCheck and etc using Client Side API . I acheived all the commands except AjaxSpellCheck. which is throwing me a runtime error "Sys.ArgumentUndefinedException". 

Is there any way to solve this problem.?

Please note, after adding "AjaxSpellcheck" command to the toolbar and clicking  the button which is placed outside the editor is executing the spell check.



Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jun 2008
2 answers
54 views
Hi all,
I use RadGrid control, I want default none sort display the same sort asc or desc. Because I want display defalut sort by Asc.

Please help me,
Thanks!
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 17 Jun 2008
1 answer
137 views

Hi,

In case of simple grids, I am using an XML to build a datatable and then a dataset. Then i use this dataset as radGrid datasource and call radGrid.DataBind().

But now instead of simple grid, a hierarichal grid is required. How should i use my dataset (or XML) to create this grid ?


I have tried several methods such as,

  1.  Using a dataset as datasource and dataset is having two datatables, one for mastertable and other for detail table. Then a relation is build between datatables and added to dataset.
  2. Using two xmldatasource, and assigning then to mastertable and detail table. During load data property of both xmldatasource is updated with required xml.

Is there any way of loading hierarichal grid using dataset? Also, in this particual grid its a two level hierarchy.

Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 17 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?