Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
187 views
I've a page with about 30 controls including 10 radcombo and 4 raddatetimepicker.

When loading the form I can see the form loading then the browser waits and I can see the progress bar on my internet explorer up to the moment the date picker values appear.

The date picker controls are displayed blank, then after a few seconds is filled.

Is there a way to populate the darte picker textbox server side and to reduce the javascript running on each control ?

We're annoyed as just replacing the datepicker (which is nice) with another control, the performances are really better.

Thanks,

Frederic HALFON
plamen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Jun 2008
2 answers
118 views
I put a RadGrid in a Web User Control named "myUserControl"(e.x.),
then I drag this UserControl on a form, and assign it a unique ID.
but I found the events of RadGrid lost, why?

events such as changing row numbers per page, paging, sorting, ...

why? that's too strange.
Weibin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Jun 2008
1 answer
298 views
Hi,

I have a form with a link which opens a radwindow (with a navigateurl of an aspx) and has a javascript event to reload the page once the window is closed. The RadWindow's aspx file has a codebehind which processes the radwindow's entries when clicking a button on the aspx. After this button click I want to close the window. Currently the only way I can do this is by manually closing the window. Is there a way I can close the window from its codebehind?

Please help,
Miklos
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Jun 2008
3 answers
143 views
Hello,

We would like to update the RadGrid with new data as it arrives to the server.

We see two alternatives to this:
1. The client issues a request to the server (in the background using the XMLHTTP request object). The server responds with a long running connection supplying the data while keeping the connection open. The RadGrid should then be updated with new rows as the data comes in so that the user gets a nice and responsive experience. This way we can continue to push data from the server over time.

2. The client polls the server for new data since last poll (again in the background). Again the RadGrid is updated with the new rows.

First, is it possible without full reload of grid? Second, is it possible generally?

Vasiliy
Vasiliy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Jun 2008
5 answers
172 views
Hi!

I have a RadEditor in an InsertTemplate in a RadGrid. The problem is: If I click a save-button i have in the same template and try to insert the text from the editor to the database, then the grid performs a callback, and all text is removed from the editor.

The same happens if I try to set a text in the editor when I click the button in the grid which opens the InsertTemplate, and also if I  try to save the text from the editor directly to a grid when I save.

It seems that the editor clears all text and settings at each callback. Could it be that it is cleared when I declare it through the following in the ItemCommand of the grid:
RadEditor editTTNewThread = (RadEditor)editFormItem.FindControl("editTTNewThread");

I had the same problems with edit and callback in earlier versions. I tried the same in IE8, and there I manage to set the text programmatically, just after the declaration above, but the same happens when I click the save-button. The editor is cleared.

Edit: In the previous version of the RadControls, I had to use postback instead of callback for it to work, but I really hope that can be avoided.

Another edit: I have now tried the editor in other pages as well, and it seems that every time I use callback on an editor, all the content is cleared.

Any ways to fix this issue?

Cheers,
Erlend Haukland
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Jun 2008
1 answer
108 views
Hi,

May i know how to do checking to not allow delete when this row is new record row? As i will get error as below : -

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
 

Please advice.

Thanks.

Regards,
Soo

Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Jun 2008
5 answers
139 views
I have RadGrid with filters. I need to change style/filterbutton to show user which filter is currently applied.

I need to change when is fired OnItemCommand.
if(e.CommandName == RadGrid.FilterCommandName)
{ Change style to current filter.}

Actually this information is insufficient for me.
Martin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Jun 2008
1 answer
117 views
Hi,
I am running a site with DotNetNuke 4.5.1
I have have a page with four RadGrid with Column Filtering Enabled.
Each grid has one ClientSelection field and One GridBound field (String).

I have set the following properties for all the 4 grids:

CurrentFilterFunction="Contains"
AutoPostBackOnFilter="true"

I have removed all the FilterFunction in the Grid's Init event:
GridFilterMenu filterMenu = RadGrid1.FilterMenu;
filterMenu.Items.Clear();

Also have AJAX manager on the page with Grid's as the Target control to handle partial rendering on

When I use the filtering option in IE6 and IE7 by pressing Enter/Clicking on the FilterImage, it works a few times then starts giving this following error:
"this.get_element().parentNode is null or not an object".

The errors are intermittent, no fixed reproduction path.

I am not using any TreeView or other controls with contextmenu except for these 4 grids.

There are no errors in FireFox 2.0.

I am using Telerik.Web.UI.dll version (2008.1.415.20) (Evaluation) Version.

Any help in this matter is appreciated.

-Brenda

Brenda
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Jun 2008
3 answers
121 views
Hi,

Has anyone come across an issue where the font menu does not dock correctly under the Font Name bar in IE but does dock correctly when viewing the same page in FireFox?

Is this a bug or config/coding issue?

Thanks a lot

Regards

Tim
George
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Jun 2008
2 answers
149 views
Hello,

I'm using RadComboBox control in the same way like AutoComplete example on Telerik demos. So it's possible to choose several items separated by space character. I also set set_changeText property of RadComboBox to false.
I choose an item in drop-down and press Enter key. The item appears at the end of input area. If I press Enter key again, all the text in input area is erased except the last chosen item. Is it possible to avoid this behavior?

Thank you,
Yaroslav

Telerik.Web.UI.dll 2008.01.0515, .NET 3.5
Yaroslav Kulik
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?