The first service pack of the R2 2016 release of UI for ASP.NET AJAX is out. Go ahead and grab it to make your web apps more stable.
The latest stability release of UI for ASP.NET AJAX R2 2016 SP1 (2016.2.607) is out and brings with it a lot of improvements. You can find below a short list that highlights some of the most valuable problems we have updated and enhanced with this release:
- Close the predefined RadAlert, RadConfirm and RadPrompt popups with the Escape key
- Cells on the last row in RadGrid cannot be selected using DragToSelect cells, if cursor runs out of the grid during the selection
- Using RadEditor's ToolsFile property from the markup disregards Lightweight rendering configured from the web.config
- RadEditor's TrackChanges does not track typing of !, #, $, %, & characters
- Title of decorated checkboxes by RadFormDecorator is lost in FireFox and IE
You can quickly go through the complete list of fixes in the Release Notes.
We do understand how stability impacts your development and we always strive to significantly reduce bugs, to avoid regressions and breaking changes. That's why I want to share with you the bug reduction progress from 2015 to now for three of the most popular components in the following chart:
You can download the latest trial build here, as well as play with the Live Demos and read the Documentation.
The blog post, Upgrade Your Telerik ASP.NET Controls in 6 Easy Steps,
will guide you through the update process and help you troubleshoot any problems that pop up.
I also want to inform you that the Product Roadmap for R3'16 is ready. We're about to update the Roadmap page and will post a blog on the topic pretty soon. Stay tuned!
Share Your Thoughts?
If you have any questions, feedback or just want to discuss a feature request, do not hesitate to write in the comments section below, in the feedback portal
or directly to me at email@example.com.