Invoke a Mouse Hover Event
You can also review our Telerik TV episode on Invoking Mouse Actions for a video walk-through of this process.
I recorded a click in a fly-out sub-menu, however it does not execute properly because the menu never properly expands to expose the element.
Invoking a mouse action can come in handy, especially in navigation menus that use hover-over fly-out sub-menus.
- To get started, select the hover-over highlighting tool from the recorder toolbar which is docked to Internet Explorer.
- Next, select the element on which you would like to invoke the hover-over mouse-action on, stay hovered, then click the blue nub.
- Select Mouse Actions.
- Next, select Mouse Hover by double-clicking it.
- A desktop command is added to your test. It invokes a mouse hover-over action triggering the menu to fly out. This allows you to select a sub-menu item.
- Please note that desktop commands may not function correctly if focus is removed from the execution browser.