Create a WPF Test (VS plugin)
- Launch Visual Studio.
- Click Telerik > Test Studio > Create New Test Project.
- Choose Telerik > Test > VB or C# Test Studio Project, name the project, and click OK.
- Right click on the project node in the solution explorer and select Add > New WPF Test.
- Click Add.
- The new, empty test opens automatically. Click the Configure WPF Application Path icon in the toolbar.
- The Configure WPF Application Path window appears. There are two options to determine the default application to launch when recording and executing this test.
Hit Record to launch the app with the recording toolbar docked at the top. Notice that steps are added to the test as actions are taken within the application.
- WPF Application Path - drag and drop the shortcut icon into this text box, or click Browse and locate it manually.
- Current Path Expanded - read-only display of full path if environment variables are used.
- Use default path - whether to use the path set here or the default path set in Project Settings > General.
- Active WPF Applications - Telerik Test Studio detects all WPF apps currently running and lists them. Highlight the desired app and press Select Application. I used FamilyShow, available from http://vertigo.com/Lab.aspx.
- Recording Options - whether to record window state changes.
Close the application to stop recording.