Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
108 views
Hi!
I have a problem with setting backcolor of child grid's caption.
Screen shows exactly ma problem.
I would like that "SapFieldFilters" look like "SapField". (Different backcolor). I hope my goal is clear. ;)

How to achieve this?

Thanks in advance!
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Sep 2013
3 answers
246 views
Hi

Is it possible to use RichTextBox to achieve the following?

1. Create a new Word Document ("Document 1") from a Word Template
2. Import the contents from another Word Document into "Document 1"
3. Save "Document 1" as a Word 2003 document with the Template correctly attached

It needs to be 2003 as this is for a legacy application.

Thanks
Mark Donne
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Sep 2013
3 answers
174 views
Hello everyone,

I have used RadItemDragDropManager class from sample application to achieve drag&drop effect between two ListControls.
If I use mouse on PC, it works perfectly, but it is not working on touchscreen.
I saw, that in many places in RadItemDragDropManager class there are events associated with mouse.
Is there any simple solution for use this/other class to achieve drag&drop between two lists in WinForms applications?
George
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Sep 2013
0 answers
208 views
Hi Experts,

I am using Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView , version - 2011.3.1220.40.

I am having problem with scroll bar when I change my machine's display setting from 100% to 125%.

Initially scroll bar appears on the screen, but when I scroll down to bottom and try to scroll more (as it has more rows), scroll bar gets disappear.
I have attached screenshot. Also I have attached Grid Control we have used.

here is the grid control I have used-
<telerik:RadGridView x:Name="xyzResultsGridView"
                                Controls:StyleManager.Theme="Office_Blue"
                                AutomationProperties.AutomationId="xyzResultsGridView"
                                AutoGenerateColumns="False"
                                AutoExpandGroups="True"
                                CanUserFreezeColumns="False"
                                AllowDrop="False"
                                CanUserDeleteRows="False"
                                ActionOnLostFocus="None"
                                AreRowDetailsFrozen="True"
                                CanUserInsertRows="False"
                                ClipToBounds="True"
                                IsScrolling="False"
                                UseLayoutRounding="True"
                                SelectionMode="Extended"
                                ClipboardPasteMode="Default"
                                IsReadOnly="True"
                                IsFilteringAllowed="False"
                                VirtualizingStackPanel.IsVirtualizing="True"
                                VirtualizingStackPanel.VirtualizationMode="Recycling"
                                MaxWidth="{Binding RelativeSource={RelativeSource FindAncestor, AncestorType={x:Type Grid}}, Path=ActualWidth}"
                                Focusable="False"
                            >
 
                <telerik:RadGridView.RowStyle>
                        <Style TargetType="GridView:GridViewRow">
                            <Setter Property="Foreground" Value="{Binding Converter={StaticResource RowToColorConverter},ConverterParameter=.}">
                            </Setter>
                            <Setter Property="FontWeight" Value="{Binding Converter={StaticResource RowToFontWeightConverter},ConverterParameter=.}">
                            </Setter>
                        </Style>
                    </telerik:RadGridView.RowStyle>
                 
                    <Navigation:RadContextMenu.ContextMenu>
                    <Navigation:RadContextMenu x:Name="xyzResultsGridContextMenu" Opened="xyzResultsGridContextMenu_Opened"
                                               ItemClick="xyzResultsGridViewContextMenuItemClick"
                                               ItemContainerStyle="{StaticResource EnableStyle}"
                                               ItemTemplate="{StaticResource MenuItemTemplate}">
                    </Navigation:RadContextMenu>
                    </Navigation:RadContextMenu.ContextMenu>
                <telerik:RadGridView.GroupHeaderTemplate>
                    <DataTemplate>
                        <Grid>
                            <Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
                                <ColumnDefinition/>
                                <ColumnDefinition/>
                                <ColumnDefinition/>
                                <ColumnDefinition/>
                            </Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
                            <TextBlock Text ="{Binding GroupDescriptor.Column.Header}" Margin="1,0,0,0" Grid.Column="0" />
                            <TextBlock Text=": " Margin="1,0,0,0" Grid.Column="1"/>
                            <TextBlock Text= "{Binding Header}" Margin="1,0,0,0" Grid.Column="2" />
                        </Grid>
                    </DataTemplate>
                </telerik:RadGridView.GroupHeaderTemplate>
            </telerik:RadGridView>

Can you please help me ?
Thanks,
Ritesh                       






Ritesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 17 Sep 2013
3 answers
655 views
Telerik.WinControls.GridView version 2012.3.1211.20

Hi Everyone,

I am using GridView's RowSourceNeeded to populate child table when [+] is clicked... it works fine when initial load, however when master table gets refreshed by assigning the DataSource to different collection, it throws following error when [+] is clicked to populate child table.
It seems the child table was populated OK, but it still throws the exception anyway.

Any help/suggestions/ideas are appreciated greatly.  Thank you.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewEditManager.OnPositionChanging(PositionChangingEventArgs args)
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewEditManager.Telerik.WinControls.UI.IGridViewEventListener.PreProcessEvent(GridViewEvent eventData)
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewEventProcessEntity.ProcessCollection(GridViewEvent gridEvent, PriorityWeakReferenceList list, GridEventProcessMode processMode)
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewSynchronizationService.NotifyListeners(GridViewEvent gridEvent)
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewSynchronizationService.FlushEvents()
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewSynchronizationService.DispatchEvent(GridViewEvent gridEvent)
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewSynchronizationService.RaiseCurrentChanged(GridViewTemplate template, GridViewRowInfo row, GridViewColumn column, Boolean user)
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewRowInfo.OnIsCurrentPropertyChanging(PropertyChangingEventArgsEx args)
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewRowInfo.OnPropertyChanging(PropertyChangingEventArgsEx args)
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewHierarchyRowInfo.OnPropertyChanging(PropertyChangingEventArgsEx args)
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewRowInfo.SetBooleanProperty(String propertyName, Int32 propertyKey, Boolean value)
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.MasterGridViewTemplate.ChangeCurrentRow(GridViewRowInfo oldRow, GridViewRowInfo row, GridViewTemplate viewTemplate)
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.MasterGridViewTemplate.SetPositionCore(GridViewRowInfo newRow, GridViewColumn newColumn, GridViewRowInfo oldRow, GridViewColumn oldColumn, Boolean validateRowChange)
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.MasterGridViewTemplate.SetPosition(GridViewRowInfo row, GridViewColumn column, Boolean validateRowChange)
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.MasterGridViewTemplate.ProcessCurrentChanged(GridViewEvent eventData)
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.MasterGridViewTemplate.ProcessEventCore(GridViewEvent eventData)
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewEventProcessEntity.ProcessCollection(GridViewEvent gridEvent, PriorityWeakReferenceList list, GridEventProcessMode processMode)
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewSynchronizationService.NotifyListeners(GridViewEvent gridEvent)
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewSynchronizationService.FlushEvents()
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewSynchronizationService.DispatchEvent(GridViewEvent gridEvent)
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewSynchronizationService.RaiseCurrentChanged(GridViewTemplate template, GridViewRowInfo row, GridViewColumn column, Boolean user)
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.BaseGridNavigator.SelectCore(GridViewRowInfo row, GridViewColumn column)
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridRowBehavior.SelectPositionOnMouseDownLeft(MouseEventArgs e, GridRowElement rowElement, GridCellElement cellElement)
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridRowBehavior.OnMouseDownLeft(MouseEventArgs e)
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridRowBehavior.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.BaseGridBehavior.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadGridView.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at Telerik.WinControls.RadControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
George
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Sep 2013
4 answers
174 views
Hello people:

I tried to create my first subird with winforms and I have not gotten.

I created the "radgrid1" and chose the datasource. Good.
Later i created the template and chose the DataSource.
Later i created the relation, parent = grid and select column id; child = template and selected column jwId.

Them, when the next line fire, i get a error "GridViewEventDataProvider can not be applied to bound GridViewTemplate"

this.radGridView1.Templates[0].HierarchyDataProvider = new GridViewEventDataProvider(this.radGridView1.Templates[0])


What it's the problem?
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Sep 2013
2 answers
429 views


Hi Everyone,

I have a problem with CellValidating event.

GridView CellValidating event fires more than once when  NewRowEnterKeyMode property sets  to RadGridViewNewRowEnterKeyMode.EnterMovesToNextCell.
 
I have messagebox in CellValidating event to check the value could not be empty. 
when I try press enter key to leave cell, CellValidating event fires Twice. While there is a need a time validate. as a result messgebox shown Twice

please pay attention only when

1. NewRowEnterKeyMode sets  to RadGridViewNewRowEnterKeyMode.EnterMovesToNextCell
2. Press Enter Key to move next cell ( Tab Key behavior is great)


I am very grateful everyone help me.
Thank You.



George
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Sep 2013
1 answer
317 views
Hello Telerik Team,
 i have some issues with the comobobox column of radgridview for winforms

here is the below code

                GridViewComboBoxColumn colLithography = new GridViewComboBoxColumn();
                colLithography.DataType = typeof(string);
                colLithography.DataSource = dt; // dt is having only one Column called Name
                colLithography.HeaderText = "Lithography";
                colLithography.ValueMember = "Name";
                colLithography.DisplayMember = "Name";
                colLithography.FieldName = "Name";
                //colLithography.DataType=
                this.rGVPP.Columns.Insert(2, colLithography); // rGVPP is Radgridview

Above code perfectly added the values to the combobox

but now i want to save the gridview data to database,


So in Btn_Save click i am reading sending the gridview values to a query like below, observe the debug at break point which is the code
and in the quick watch window the value is null, throwing exception here

but my grid having values in all the cell, when i try to read the value of a particular cell of combobox column, its giving null value.

Please help me.
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Sep 2013
3 answers
130 views
Hi ,

We need the MiniToolbar for our application.
Where can we find information about RadRibbonBar and MiniToolbar ?


I hope you will be able to provide the information.

Stefano.
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Sep 2013
1 answer
142 views
Hi,
  
I am using Telerik RadGridView in our project.   
  
This GridView will have dropdown columns.  While doing sorting it sorts based on dropdown list item's Id instead of Display text.
  
So i am doing custom sorting to sort based on display member.  It works fine.  
  
If the record count is huge say for example more than 10,000 application is not responding.
  
Is there any workaround for this issue ?
  
Thanks
Balaji
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?