This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadForm does not resize correctly when display font changed to 125%

5 Answers 261 Views
Form
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
John asked on 21 Feb 2012, 06:42 PM
In Windows 7, changing Display setting to 125% causes RadForms to not resize properly (normal WinForms handle the change correctly).

I've read this:  http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/winforms/dock/anchor-not-work-during-changing-text-size-to-125.aspx 

I can't ask my customers to change their settings to fix this issue (Use Windows XP style DPI scaling).

If I remove the suggested AutoScale settings from the designer generated code, the problem is at least partially solved, but I'm left with the labels ending up UNDER the text boxes even in my simple example (see attached images).

radform_normal_display.png show the correct image at 100% display.
radform_125_percent_display.png shows the labels "underlapping" the text boxes.

Any idea what I can do to fix this?   It's preventing us from using your product for our application.

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Jack
Telerik team
answered on 24 Feb 2012, 03:10 PM
Hi John,

Thank you for contacting us.

All options that are currently available to solve this issue are listed in the described forum thread. We are working on addressing the issue and we hope that the fix will be available in one of our upcoming releases.

Should you have any other questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

Greetings,
Jack
the Telerik team
RadControls for WinForms Q1'12 release is now live! Check out what's new or download a free trial >>
Chet Musialowski
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Oct 2012, 02:39 PM
Hello,

Is there an estimate as to when this issue will be resolved ?

Chet
Jack
Telerik team
answered on 22 Oct 2012, 03:15 PM
Hi Chet,

Thank you for asking. I am glad to inform you that we addressed this issue in our latest release - Q3 2012. I recommend you to give it a try. If the issue still appears in your scenario, please contact us and we will investigate the case in detail.

Should you have other questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Jack
the Telerik team
You’ve been asking for it and now it’s time for us to deliver. RadControls for WinForms Q3 2012 release is just around the corner. Sign up for a free webinar to see first all the latest enhancements.
dbernett
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 26 Jul 2013, 01:17 PM
I'm using Q2 2013 and still have major issues with display set at 125% Medium.

Is there a property I'm not setting properly to fix this?

Thanks.
Paul
Telerik team
answered on 31 Jul 2013, 01:49 PM
Hello dbernett,

Thank you for writing.

In the past we had issues with those Font settings, but most of them have been resolved. I am attaching two images for reference.

I suppose that you are experiencing a case that we have not covered. Therefore, I would kindly ask you to open a new support ticket and send us a sample project where we can observe the issue. This will allow us to this think of a workaround for your case.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Paul
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for WINFORMS.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Tags
Form
Asked by
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Jack
Telerik team
Chet Musialowski
Top achievements
Rank 1