Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
1.1K+ views

Hi,

Is there a method I can invoke that will cause all groups to expand/collapse? Right now i am just iterating through the group collection and doing it individually.

Thanks.
Ralitsa
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Sep 2013
9 answers
959 views
I have been having issues with what appear to be memory leaks when using Telerik WinControls. I first noticed the issue in a form that we have that has dozens of controls on it, and which increases the memory usage by upwards of 40 MB when shown. However, I then made a new project, simply dragged a few controls onto the form, and I am seeing the exact same issue, just on a smaller scale. When the application first starts, memory usage is around 18 MB, but by the time it is done, usage is around 40 MB. The code that I am running the test with is:

Public Class Main
    Shared Sub Main()
        MessageBox.Show("Start")

        For i = 0 To 50 Step 1
            Dim f As New Form1
            f.Show()
            Threading.Thread.Sleep(100)
            f.Close()
            f.Dispose()
        Next

        GC.Collect()
        MessageBox.Show("Stop")
    End Sub
End Class

The controls that I used the designer to add to the form are:
    Friend WithEvents RadMenu1 As Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadMenu
    Friend WithEvents RadButton1 As Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadButton
    Friend WithEvents RadTextBox1 As Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadTextBox
    Friend WithEvents RadSplitButton1 As Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadSplitButton
    Friend WithEvents RadCarousel1 As Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadCarousel
    Friend WithEvents RadButton2 As Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadButton

What am I doing wrong? Using some memory profiling tools, it looks like there may be timers still running or other event handlers registered that are preventing the controls from being garbage collected.

Is there something special that needs to be done to clean up after the Telerik controls?

Due to the size of the form we are using in real life, this can quickly cause the application to be using 100's of MB's of memory, which has actually led to out-of-memory issues in some cases.

Thanks for your help!
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Sep 2013
5 answers
434 views
Hi there,
I am working with some RadDropDownList with Autocompletemode setted at SuggestAndAppend. The issue happen when when I do press enter or selected a value from dropdown I can't set focus on an other value once the value have been picked. Could you please provide me a workarround for this issue? 

Thanks
Alex
Alexandre
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Sep 2013
3 answers
210 views
Is it possible to drag and drop a document to this control, instead of having to navigate to the document?  I have changed the "Allow Drop" property to true, but nothing changed.
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Sep 2013
1 answer
346 views
Hi,

I want a Tool Tip at every selection of Item in Drop Down List.

Actually my problem is that the Items in the list are long enough that's why I want to display the complete Item Text on tool tip.

Please help me out about this...

Thanks & Regards
DK
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Sep 2013
3 answers
578 views
Hi,

On add of a child node to a level , I want to know how to expand that particular level(to which the new node is added) and highlight the newly added node

Thanks in advance
Karthi
George
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Sep 2013
3 answers
145 views
when i create a new project in visual studio 2012 update 3:
i got some messaje errors, all the details are in the attached images


this is the content of the message textbox

Failed to handle solution references.

System.ArgumentException: La ruta de acceso no tiene un formato válido.
   en System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength)
   en System.IO.Path.GetDirectoryName(String path)
   en Telerik.VSX.SolutionManagement.FileSystemSolutionStorage..ctor(Solution solution, String product, IFileOperator fileOperator)
   en Telerik.VSX.SolutionManagement.SolutionStorageFactory.Create(IAdvancedWizardContext wizardContext)
   en Telerik.VSX.Actions.UpdateReferencesAction.CreateSolutionReferenceManager()
   en Telerik.VSX.Actions.UpdateReferencesAction.HandleSolutionReferences(IProjectWrapUIComponents projectWrap, IList`1& assemblyReferences)
   en Telerik.VSX.Actions.UpdateReferencesAction.UpdateReferences(IProjectWrapUIComponents projectWrap)
Vesko
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Sep 2013
6 answers
131 views
Hello
I want to disable sorting on left mouse click on header cell, but still enable on context menu click.
How can I achieve this?
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Sep 2013
4 answers
214 views
I have a scheduler control and want to know which resource header was clicked on when user click on a resource header cell.

Can someone please tell me how this is done?

Thanks.
Karl
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Sep 2013
1 answer
130 views
Hi,

My Windows form application is individually installed over many individual systems, and they update and access a common database. I had recently upgraded my application to use Telerik. And I have heard about a feature to remember the GridView user preferences based on the user for Asp.net, but I am unable to find it for Windows forms. Please help me out.

regards,
Ani
George
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Sep 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?