Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
177 views
I'd like to have my documents tab strip always show the same document in the first tab, but let the other tabbed documents be rearranged. I've got the close button functionality working (the first document cannot be closed, the others can), but I can't seem to get the drag/drop constraints working. I have made it so the first document cannot be dragged (by setting TabStripItem.AllowDrag), but it's still possible to drag a different document in front of the one I want locked as the first document. 

In approaching this problem, I haven't been able to find an event I could cancel to achieve the effect. Another approach might be to rearrange the tabs if I notice they've changed (e.g. when the ActiveWindowChanged event fires), but its not obvious how to rearrange the tabs programmatically. 

Any pointers?
George
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Sep 2013
5 answers
148 views
Hi, i want to show the print preview of one Grid Hierarchy, i found some examples but only show the first level.
I also used the suggested component named RadGridReportingLite but i could not took suitable result.
How can i show the print preview with HierarchyChildTemplate expanded?... 

thanks. 
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Sep 2013
12 answers
279 views
Hi,

Is there an event that is exposed that can be used to capture the user double-clicking on the StartButtonImage on the RibbonBar?

I would like for my application to close when the image is double-clicked.

Thanks,

neil
Marco
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Sep 2013
4 answers
160 views
Do you guys have an example on how I would remember the whether the user selected or deselected the “Show description” and “Show toolbar” settings in the property grid context menu? I tried casting the items as a PropetyGridMenuItem in the RadContextMenu_DropDownClosed event, but IsChecked is always set to true. Here is the code:

PropertyGridMenuItem descriptionItem = radPropertyGrid.RadContextMenu.Items[6] as PropertyGridMenuItem;
if (descriptionItem != null && !descriptionItem.IsChecked)
        File.Create(System.IO.Path.Combine(path, "PropertyGridDescriptionUnchecked.txt"));
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Sep 2013
3 answers
323 views
Dear Forum readers,

I am new to Telerik's Winforms controls and must first say that I am impressed with them. The music library demo especially inspired me because of its "cover flow" look. I decided to give it a spin ;-) and try to implement this in one of our products.
So I chose to use a Bezier path as in the example and started adding items... (paintings in my case).
The problem that I encountered is that I have a variable number of images that are attached to a database record. The number of images gan be anything from 1... n What I want to achieve is that the selected image is always in the centre (middle) position. This works great for an odd number of items, but not for an even number of items. In the case of an even numberof items there are two images at the centre sitting side by side. The situation even becomes weirder when the number of items falls below 3:
If there are only two items then each of them sits at the end of the Bezier path, with nothing in the middle, when there is only a single item then this is placed at the end of the Bezier path and the animation becomes weird too: it "flashes" twice on display (not what you want).

This is the arrangement that i would expect:

5 items

5            1
    4     3
       2

4 items:

4
    3     1
        2

3 items:

3       1
    2

2 items:

2
     1

1 item:

       1

I have created a small Visual studio 2010 project that illustrates my problem. Yoiu can download it at : ftp://ftp.adlibsoft.com/pub/outgoing/carouseltest.zip Does anyone know how I can achieve what I want with the radCarousel ? I tried different Bezier paths for 2 or 1 items. Tha "kind of" works, but I am still stuck with the double animation when there is only a single item. Turning the animation off helps, but that is also not what one wants.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Bert Degenhart Drenth
Adlib Information Systems
bdd@adlibsoft.com
www.adlibsoft.com

George
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Sep 2013
1 answer
280 views
I want to create a custom control (C#) inherited from RadListControl so that my new control will have a click event for the list's items (not the control itself - since, undesirably, the scroll bar triggers the control's event).

Which control event can I override so I can subscribe to the item's double-click event?  I expected an item_added or similar event but don't see one.

I can do this (but it is ugly and doesn't handle new items being added later):
foreach (RadListDataItem item in this.RadListControl1.Items) {
    item.VisualItem.DoubleClick += Item_DoubleClick;
}

private void Item_DoubleClick(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    RadListDataItem item = ((RadListVisualItem)sender).Data;
    MessageBox.Show(item.Text.ToString());
}
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Sep 2013
1 answer
122 views
I was a bit frustrated with the collapsing feature that hides the text of the buttons when the window is not wide enough, because only the buttons are affected, not the dropdownbuttons and splitbuttons, leading to a weird looking result when they are mixed in a same group.

I found the following solution: derive from DropDownButton, and override CreateChildElements with
base.CreateChildElements();
CollapsableButtonAdapter adapter = new CollapsableButtonAdapter(ActionButton)
    { ShouldHandleMouseInput = false }; // otherwise, the adapter swallows the clicks
Children.Add(adapter);
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Sep 2013
15 answers
918 views

hi ,

I have a requirement where in I got to show two or more images inside a single grid column.  Pls advise how to achieve the same.

Pls find the attachment containing the sample image of the grid.

thanks
Krishnan N

Anton
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Sep 2013
1 answer
868 views
below is my code
 Private Sub GVCl_RowFormatting(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.WinControls.UI.RowFormattingEventArgs) Handles GVClaimHistory.RowFormatting

        If InStr(e.RowElement.RowInfo.Cells(0).Value, "MyColumn") <> 0 Then
            e.RowElement.DrawFill = True
            e.RowElement.GradientStyle = GradientStyles.Solid
            e.RowElement.BackColor = Color.Navy
            e.RowElement.ForeColor = Color.Yellow
        End If
    End Sub

I would like to add font bold to this row how can i do it?

I tried     e.RowElement.Font.Bold = True
but it gives me Error    74    Property 'Bold' is 'ReadOnly'.  

Please help

Smayr
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Sep 2013
1 answer
244 views
Hi,

I am using a Datasource to populate the gridview. The databinding is done via the propertybuilder at the design time. The Grid works fine when the database connection is established. however when there is an error connecting the database an empty grid is shown and there is no error thrown out.  

Here is the high level data flow:
GridView <-> bindingDataSource <-> dataset (mapped to a database table) 

The dataset is generated automatically and mainly configured via XSD. The database access is done via Integrated Security (via windows authentication)

Where is the best place to handle database connection error (for example connection failure, user connection reject)?


.Net version 4.0
Windows Forms version 2013.2 724

Thanks
AMP
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Sep 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?