Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
3 answers
969 views
Hello,

I am using Radgridview and i have N number of Columns. While doing Add/Edit a row, on a particular column user should allow only numbers(0 to 10) to type/fill. The user can also copy paste on this cell/column in that case it should only allow to paste numbers.
Can any one help me on this?

Thanks & Regards
Rams
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Oct 2013
3 answers
152 views
I have a problem with getting CurrentRow Index.

private void myRadGridView_DefaultValuesNeeded(object sender, Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewRowEventArgs e)
{
      int index = e.Row.Index;
      int index2 = this.myRadGridView.CurrentRow.Index;
}

Both ways give me one result: -1
My GridView is bound with dataSet.
How can I get CurrentRow Index in DefalutValuesNeeded event?

Help for thanks.

Kuba
Szymon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Oct 2013
1 answer
127 views

Hi,

Is there an example or can someone assist me in creating a simple bar chart while consuming data using entity framework?
The query could be as simple as:

SELECT        COUNT(Invoice_Header_Id) AS [Total Invoices], Created_By<br>
FROM            Accounts_Payable.Invoice_Header<br>
WHERE        (Date_Created >= CONVERT(DATETIME, '2012-12-19 00:00:00', 102))<br>
GROUP BY Created_By


I don't have an entity created yet.  I would most likely use a store procedure and return a complex type.

Any help is appreciated.
George
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Sep 2013
4 answers
201 views
I am unable to get grouping to work, I can successfully create all the appointments I want but there is no indication of groups. I've copied source code from some Telerik documentation to populate the Resource property of the Scheduler, but no groupings ever show up.

Besides populating Resources and Properties I setup the Scheduler with
tlAvailability.ActiveViewType = Telerik.WinControls.UI.SchedulerViewType.Timeline
tlAvailability.GroupType = Telerik.WinControls.UI.GroupType.Resource

Also in some documentation (at least the Timeline Grouping in the Demo Application) calls are made to 
Me.radScheduler1.Appointments.BeginUpdate()
Me.radScheduler1.Appointments.EndUpdate()

What does this do? Are they necessary (I am populating appointments with out this call)? Why aren't they called before editing the Resources?

I'm using Telerik 2013.2.612.20, VB, .NET 2.0
Anton
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Sep 2013
2 answers
173 views
Hi
I want Change Node ForeColor In Node Formatting By Check Node Value. But I Get Value For Root Node Only.
Let Me Know How Can I Get All Node Value In Node Formatting PLS

TNXXXXXXXXXXXXX

private void RadTreeView1NodeFormatting(object sender, TreeNodeFormattingEventArgs e)
        {
            try
            {
                if (BSGroupRoleAccess.Cast<RoleAccess>().Any(x=>x.ID.ToString()==e.Node.Value.ToString()))
                {
                    ........
                }
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                MessageBox.Show(ex.Message);
            }
        }
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Sep 2013
1 answer
168 views
Could you please show me how to add the line number for each rows and also have the horizontal ruler in richtextbox for the text file.
I have latest Telerik Winform and write code in c#.
Thanks.
Tom
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Sep 2013
1 answer
163 views
We currently use the Breeze theme set through ThemeResolutionService.ApplicationThemeName, but it seems the theme does not fully support the new RadPivotGrid control.

Dimensions "groups" added to the pivot table does not have either filter buttons or context menus. Which they have in both the default theme and the Windows8 theme.

Setting the theme on the PivotGrid control does not help either, as the ThemeResolutionService has priority over this.

Is this a bug in the Breeze theme, or is the PivotGrid not supported? If not which themes support which controls, as we would prefer a theme which support all controls.

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Sep 2013
5 answers
343 views
Hi,

i have a problem concerning a standard radtextbox (Q2 2010 => 2010.2.10.914).
Sometimes, but not everytime, when i start entering a value into one of my radtextboxes the following error will be thrown.
There are no events associated with these radtextboxes and i have absolutely no idea why this error appears.
Any help appreciated.

System.NullReferenceException was not handled
  Message="Object Reference not set to an instance of an object"
  Source="Telerik.WinControls"
  StackTrace:
       at Telerik.WinControls.Keyboard.ChordMessageFilter.FindChordPattern(IList`1 list)
       at Telerik.WinControls.Keyboard.ChordMessageFilter.FindChordPattern()
       at Telerik.WinControls.Keyboard.ChordMessageFilter.ProccessChord()
       at Telerik.WinControls.Keyboard.ChordMessageFilter.System.Windows.Forms.IMessageFilter.PreFilterMessage(Message& msg)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.ProcessFilters(MSG& msg, Boolean& modified)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.PreTranslateMessage(MSG& msg)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FPreTranslateMessage(MSG& msg)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(ApplicationContext context)
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun()
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(String[] commandLine)
       at MediaCenter.My.MyApplication.Main(String[] Args) in 17d14f5c-a337-4978-8281-53493378c1071.vb:Zeile 81.
       at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
       at System.AppDomain.nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
       at System.Runtime.Hosting.ManifestRunner.Run(Boolean checkAptModel)
       at System.Runtime.Hosting.ManifestRunner.ExecuteAsAssembly()
       at System.Runtime.Hosting.ApplicationActivator.CreateInstance(ActivationContext activationContext, String[] activationCustomData)
       at System.Runtime.Hosting.ApplicationActivator.CreateInstance(ActivationContext activationContext)
       at System.Activator.CreateInstance(ActivationContext activationContext)
       at 
Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssemblyDebugInZone()
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
  InnerException: 

George
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Sep 2013
1 answer
652 views
I'm storing a DateTime in XML to tell an applicaton when it will shut down.  I intend to use the value of "01/01/0001 00:00:00" to mean that we have no shut down scheduled.  On the form that will get and set this value I am using two controls, a DateTimePicker and a TimePicker, to work with the value.  (I'm open to other options.)

You already taught me how to handle the DateTimePicker so I'm initializing that control like this:
dtpShutDown.NullDate = Convert.ToDateTime("01/01/0001");
dtpShutDown.NullText = "";
dtpShutDown.Value = Convert.ToDateTime("01/01/0001");

I'm not quite there with the equivalent for the time picker.  This gives me the "00:00 AM" text:
tpLogin.NullText = "";
tpLogin.Value = Convert.ToDateTime("01/01/0001 00:00:00");

I would like some way to just blank out the whole value.

I'm working with options while I wait for your response.  A single DateTimePicker with a custom format to include the time may work out better than I had initially thought.  (Regardless, I would like to know how to set the null time for the TimePicker.)

Thank you,
Gary


Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Sep 2013
1 answer
303 views
Hello,

How can I export the data shown in RadGridView.
GridView.CellFormatting event is used to format and transformed the data (e.g., convert hours to seconds, change the format of the date, etc)

After exporting the data to excel using ExportToExcelIML I get the RAW data and NOT the transformed data shown in the gridview

Regards,
Bilal
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Sep 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?