Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
4 answers
383 views
In my cellValidating event, I validate the field and set the errortext if invalid. However, if I am adding a new record, the row is not GridViewDataRowInfo, which has an errortext property, but GridViewNewRowInfo, which doesn't. Is there any way to set the errortext for the row?
George
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Oct 2013
2 answers
208 views
hi,
I dont know whats the reason but after change the property ENABLED to false the font in listControl decrease,
how should i prevent it?

Image attached.

Best regards,
Roy
Roy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Oct 2013
5 answers
327 views
Hi,
How should i disable the docking option in radDock control?

example image attached.
George
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Oct 2013
2 answers
302 views
Hi!

what's the best event to check if the user has interactively hidden a column or selected a column from the column chooser?

Regards
Erwin
erwin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
 answered on 07 Oct 2013
3 answers
219 views
I have been using the wizard to create a RadGridView on a VB .NET 4.5 WinForms application. Going into the "open Property Builder" aspect of the wizard. I need to create a column of "dates" and I've tried several ways to do it.

I tried using the GridViewDateTimeColumn, figuring there was a way to turn off the "time" portion of it. I cannot find it. I feed the date from the database as a "Date" format, so the cell displays "9/25/2013 12:00:00 AM" instead. There were additional problems with the mask, but I can't remember what they were off-hand.

So I tried using the GridViewTextBoxColumn and discovered that it will insert the date, but that it does comparisons as strings. And in one of my gridviews, it still has the time portion even though I even parse the data using the .NET parsing for date only!

The data coming from the database is "CONVERT(DATE, DtField)" so I know it should be coming back as a date only.

I even looked into building the gridview programmatically, but I can't find any entry for a GridViewDateColumn (or something like it) anywhere.

What am I missing? Is there no strict "date" only column or ability to adjust the date/time column to date-only?

Oh and one more thing: it appears that even if I handle the cell_doubleclick event of the gridview (the intent is to insert the current date on doubleclick of the cell), the gridviewtextboxcolumn cell on the inside does not allow you to double-click it -- is it treated separately? I haven't tried to fix this yet, as I'm fixing other bigger issues, but I'm wondering if there is a way to let the event bubble down or to grab it bubbling up? (for that matter, I haven't seen any way to grab events bubbling up... do they even bubble events up out of the RadGridView?)



George
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Oct 2013
1 answer
127 views
Hi,

i'm currently trying to do a hierarchy grid view on more than 2 levels and it isn't working.

The grid is working fine if I use two levels but as soon as i add another one the expand on the grid show nothing after the second level

Here's the code of the grid : 

<telerik:RadGrid ID="rg_VL" runat="server"
        DataSourceID="SqlDataSourceCODPRO1"
        AllowSorting="True" AllowMultiRowSelection="False" AllowPaging="False" GridLines="None">
        <MasterTableView AutoGenerateColumns="false" DataSourceID="SqlDataSourceCODPRO1" DataKeyNames="CODPRO1">
            <DetailTables>
                        <telerik:GridTableView DataKeyNames="CODPRO2" DataSourceID="SqlDataSourceCODPRO2" runat="server">
                        <ParentTableRelation>
                            <telerik:GridRelationFields DetailKeyField="CODPRO1" MasterKeyField="CODPRO1" />
                        </ParentTableRelation>
                        <DetailTables>
                                                        <telerik:GridTableView DataKeyNames="CODPRO3" DataSourceID="SqlDataSourceCODPRO3" runat="server">
                                                        <ParentTableRelation>
                                                            <telerik:GridRelationFields DetailKeyField="CODPRO2" MasterKeyField="CODPRO2" />
                                                        </ParentTableRelation>
                                                        <DetailTables>
                                                                                        <telerik:GridTableView DataKeyNames="CODPRO4" DataSourceID="SqlDataSourceCODPRO4" runat="server">
                                                                                            <ParentTableRelation>
                                                                                                <telerik:GridRelationFields DetailKeyField="CODPRO3" MasterKeyField="CODPRO3" />
                                                                                            </ParentTableRelation>
                                                                                            <DetailTables>
                                                                                                                        <telerik:GridTableView DataKeyNames="CODPRO5" DataSourceID="SqlDataSourceCODPRO5" runat="server">
                                                                                                                            <ParentTableRelation>
                                                                                                                                <telerik:GridRelationFields DetailKeyField="CODPRO4" MasterKeyField="CODPRO4" />
                                                                                                                            </ParentTableRelation>
                                                                                                                            <Columns>
                                                                                                                                <telerik:GridBoundColumn SortExpression="CODPRO5" HeaderText="CODPRO5" HeaderButtonType="TextButton"
                                                                                                                                    DataField="CODPRO5" UniqueName="CODPRO5">
                                                                                                                                </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                                                                                            </Columns>
                                                                                                                        </telerik:GridTableView>
                                                                                            </DetailTables>
                                                                                            <Columns>
                                                                                                <telerik:GridBoundColumn SortExpression="CODPRO4" HeaderText="CODPRO4" HeaderButtonType="TextButton"
                                                                                                    DataField="CODPRO4" UniqueName="CODPRO4">
                                                                                                </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                                                            </Columns>
                                                                                        </telerik:GridTableView>
                                                        </DetailTables>
                                                            <Columns>
                                                                <telerik:GridBoundColumn SortExpression="CODPRO3" HeaderText="CODPRO3" HeaderButtonType="TextButton"
                                                                    DataField="CODPRO3" UniqueName="CODPRO3">
                                                                </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                            </Columns>
                                                            <SortExpressions>
                                                                <telerik:GridSortExpression FieldName="CODPRO3"></telerik:GridSortExpression>
                                                            </SortExpressions>
                                                        </telerik:GridTableView>
                        </DetailTables>
                            <Columns>
                                <%--<telerik:GridBoundColumn SortExpression="CODPRO2" HeaderText="CODPRO2" HeaderButtonType="TextButton"
                                    DataField="CODPRO2" UniqueName="CODPRO2">
                                </telerik:GridBoundColumn>--%>
                            </Columns>
                            <SortExpressions>
                                <telerik:GridSortExpression FieldName="CODPRO2"></telerik:GridSortExpression>
                            </SortExpressions>
                        </telerik:GridTableView>
            </DetailTables>
            <Columns>
                <telerik:GridBoundColumn SortExpression="CODPRO1" HeaderText="CODPRO1" HeaderButtonType="TextButton"
                    DataField="CODPRO1" UniqueName="CODPRO1">
                </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
            </Columns>
            <SortExpressions>
                <telerik:GridSortExpression FieldName="CODPRO1"></telerik:GridSortExpression>
            </SortExpressions>
        </MasterTableView>
    </telerik:RadGrid>


And the code of my datasources :

<asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSourceCODPRO1" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:bddBigJimWeb %>"
    ProviderName="System.Data.OracleClient" SelectCommand="SELECT DISTINCT CODPRO1 FROM VENTES_LACH_REG ORDER BY CODPRO1"
    runat="server">
</asp:SqlDataSource>
     
<asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSourceCODPRO2" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:bddBigJimWeb %>"
    ProviderName="System.Data.OracleClient" SelectCommand="SELECT DISTINCT CODPRO2 FROM VENTES_LACH_REG Where CODPRO1 = :CODPRO1"
    runat="server">
    <SelectParameters>
        <asp:SessionParameter Name="CODPRO1" SessionField="CODPRO1" Type="string">
        </asp:SessionParameter>
    </SelectParameters>
</asp:SqlDataSource>
 
<asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSourceCODPRO3" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:bddBigJimWeb %>"
    ProviderName="System.Data.OracleClient" SelectCommand="SELECT DISTINCT CODPRO3 FROM VENTES_LACH_REG CODPRO1 = :CODPRO1 AND CODPRO2 = :CODPRO2"
    runat="server">
    <SelectParameters>
        <asp:SessionParameter Name="CODPRO1" SessionField="CODPRO1" Type="string">
        </asp:SessionParameter>
        <asp:SessionParameter Name="CODPRO2" SessionField="CODPRO2" Type="string">
        </asp:SessionParameter>
    </SelectParameters>
</asp:SqlDataSource>
 
<asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSourceCODPRO4" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:bddBigJimWeb %>"
    ProviderName="System.Data.OracleClient" SelectCommand="SELECT DISTINCT CODPRO4 FROM VENTES_LACH_REG WHERE CODPRO1 = :CODPRO1 AND CODPRO2 = :CODPRO2 AND CODPRO3 = :CODPRO3"
    runat="server">
    <SelectParameters>
        <asp:SessionParameter Name="CODPRO1" SessionField="CODPRO1" Type="string">
        </asp:SessionParameter>
        <asp:SessionParameter Name="CODPRO2" SessionField="CODPRO2" Type="string">
        </asp:SessionParameter>
        <asp:SessionParameter Name="CODPRO3" SessionField="CODPRO3" Type="string">
        </asp:SessionParameter>
    </SelectParameters>
</asp:SqlDataSource>
 
<asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSourceCODPRO5" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:bddBigJimWeb %>"
    ProviderName="System.Data.OracleClient" SelectCommand="SELECT DISTINCT CODPRO5 FROM VENTES_LACH_REG WHERE CODPRO1 = :CODPRO1 AND CODPRO2 = :CODPRO2 AND CODPRO3 = :CODPRO3 AND CODPRO4 = :CODPRO4"
    runat="server">
    <SelectParameters>
        <asp:SessionParameter Name="CODPRO1" SessionField="CODPRO1" Type="string">
        </asp:SessionParameter>
        <asp:SessionParameter Name="CODPRO2" SessionField="CODPRO2" Type="string">
        </asp:SessionParameter>
        <asp:SessionParameter Name="CODPRO3" SessionField="CODPRO3" Type="string">
        </asp:SessionParameter>
        <asp:SessionParameter Name="CODPRO4" SessionField="CODPRO4" Type="string">
        </asp:SessionParameter>
    </SelectParameters>
</asp:SqlDataSource>


Do you know why I have no errors shown on my web page but no hirarchical level after the second level ?

Regards
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Oct 2013
0 answers
174 views
I have a "C#" application that is using the Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.DataRepeater.  This control mimics the microsoft access continuous form.   Within the datarepeater I have 3 radMultiColumnComboBoxes.  The first radMultiColumnComboBoxes is populated on load.  The 2nd radMultiColumnComboBoxes data is based on radMultiColumnComboBoxes1 and the same goes for radMultiColumnComboBoxes3 to radMultiColumnComboBoxes2. 

private void dRepeater_ItemCloned(object sender, DataRepeaterItemEventArgs e)
{
  RadMultiColumnComboBox multiCBSup = (RadMultiColumnComboBox)e.DataRepeaterItem.Controls["cbSup"];                   
  dtSup = dtCategories.Select("id=1").CopyToDataTable().DefaultView.ToTable(true, "value", "text");
  multiCBSup.DataSource = dtSup;
 
  //Category         
  RadMultiColumnComboBox multiCBCat = (RadMultiColumnComboBox)e.DataRepeaterItem.Controls["cbCat"];
  dtCat = dtCategories.Select("id=2").CopyToDataTable().DefaultView.ToTable(true, "supcat", "cat", "value", "text");
  multiCBCat.DataSource = dtCat;
  multiCBCat.DisplayMember = "cat";
  multiCBCat.ValueMember = "cat"; 
}
 
This code should populate each row of controls with it's own data.  So when I change combobox1 in row 1 I don't want to change combobox1 on every row.
 
 
private void dRepeater_DrawItem(object sender, Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.DataRepeaterItemEventArgs e)
{
  DataRow dr = (DataRow)dtAct.Rows[e.DataRepeaterItem.ItemIndex];         
  RadMultiColumnComboBox multiCB = (RadMultiColumnComboBox)e.DataRepeaterItem.Controls.Find("cbSup", false)[0];
}

I'm not sure at what point I can get the value of the previous combobox. 

Thanks for any help

Jerry
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 04 Oct 2013
5 answers
226 views
Hi,

I'm using your WinForm treeview. I am populating the nodes using the NodesNeeded event. LazyMode is set to false and AutoCheckChildNodes is set to true.

Our data includes about 10 root notes. Some of the notes have over 30 000 nodes (many are parents with children). If we tick the root node, the tri state check box applies checks to all child nodes and ends up taking over a minute in some cases. If I disable AutoCheckChildNodes it doesn't appear to make any difference. If we just browse through the nodes and keep expanding different children, there is no issue, only when the status of a check box changes.

Ideally we would like to see the tri check status to persist but it doesn't need to update children items until they are open.

Thanks!
George
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Oct 2013
1 answer
200 views
Hi I am trying to determine how I would need to go about encapsulating a Ribbon Tab so that it can be used in several different places, otherwise I will have to write some slightly unpleasant code for determining the context of the contextual tab and making the buttons interact accordingly.
George
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Oct 2013
1 answer
139 views
i have installed telerik 2013 demo for visual studio 2008 and created a application using telerik form and deployed it successfully.but,when i install the application in other computer it says that telerik controls are not included in global assembly.

what should i do now?

how should i add telerik to global assembly during application deployment?
 
George
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Oct 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?