Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
7 answers
247 views
Hello,

I am in the process of evaluating the WinForms Controls. Actually, when I saw the Bubble Bar in the Demos, I was convinced I need Telerik to go on with my project. However, I am trying to even start a project for the last two days and nothing seems to be going right, let alone set up a BubbleBar, which now, I have come to understand that it is not a native (Rad) control, but a derrivative.

Anyway, here's the problem. I tried to isolate the BubbleBar to another project (drawing from your demo source code). It seemed impossible to get the references right. So, I open a form and drag a label in it. I am thinking: "all relevant references must be inserted automatically now". And indeed they are (image1.png). You can see all controls in design time (image2.png). But, as soon as i try to compile, I get an error for each control as if I had never inserted a reference (image3.png). If it helps, in image4.png you can see my intellisense showing no namespaces other than "Examples", for Telerik.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance,
N.

PS:
I am working on VS2010, but later may be working on VS2008 as well.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Sep 2013
3 answers
188 views

I am having a problem and had been searching the web and couldn't find anything that will help me.

this is my problem.
Im working in WinForm , c#

I have a grid where is a Column of type **GridViewDateTimeColumn**.
When the user update a row I check it in the event **RowValidating** and if I get a repeated date or other error I show the user a message and I do **e.cancel = true** to not validate the row.
But then If I press ESC. I cannot cancel all the changes like it usually does before 
Any idea how to do it?

Here is my code:

   private void grdPirteyMenahel_RowValidating(object sender, RowValidatingEventArgs e)
        {
            try
            {
                Cursor.Current = Cursors.WaitCursor;
                if (e.Row != null)
                {
  
//Generate a service to connect to DB
                   
                   var factory = new MezumanimChannelFactory<IKerenService>(ServiceConsts.SERVICE_KEREN);
                   var service = factory.CreateChannel();
                   string sError = string.Empty;
//here I call a SP in the database that check if the dates are correct (column of dates are call it "MiTaarich" and "AdTaarich".
//The SP return a String with the error, if there is no error it will return and empty string
 
                   sError = GetErrorPirteySacharMenahel(Convert.ToDateTime(e.Row.Cells["MiTaarich"].Value), Convert.ToDateTime(e.Row.Cells["AdTaarich"].Value), Convert.ToInt32(e.Row.Cells["Kod"].Value));
 
                                if (sError != string.Empty)
                                {
                                    e.Cancel = true;
                                    RadMessageBoxHelper.Alert(sError);
                                }
                   }
                       
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                 
                Elad.Mezumanim.Client.Utils.Log.LogUtil.write(ex);
                e.Cancel = true;
                RadMessageBoxHelper.Alert(Messages.DataDisplayError, this);
            }
            finally
            {
                Cursor.Current = Cursors.Default;
            }
        }


I also tried adding this code when i get the error:

 
DataTable dt = (grdPirteyMenahel.DataSource as DataTable);
dt.RejectChanges();


But this recover the value of date as it was before (what is good) but doesn't let me get out of the row when I press ESC

Any idea how to solve it?

thank you very much
best regards
Iair
                                   
George
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Sep 2013
1 answer
1.6K+ views
Hello,

I have a winform in which I have a pageview panel with two tabs

On first tab I can create a new claim, on second tab I can see existing claims.

If I create a new claim and then switch to the existing claims that new claim is not there. How can I refresh the data on the grid?

The claim is saved to a database.


Thanks in advance.
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Sep 2013
1 answer
461 views
Heloo, 
I have added a combo box column programmatically with a static data source.
Now i need that whenever i select any of the item a specific function should be invoked.
I have tried with different events but didnt found a solution.
Please Help
var dg = new GridViewComboBoxColumn
               {
                   DataSource = new[] { "Edit", "Delete" },
                   HeaderText = "Action",
                   Name = "col_Action",
                   Width = 80,
                   AllowResize = true,
                   FieldName = "gv_cmb_Action",
                   SortOrder = RadSortOrder.None,
                   AllowFiltering = false,
                   AllowGroup = false,
                   AllowSort = false,
                   ReadOnly = false
               };
 
            if (gv_Criteria.ColumnCount != 9)
            {
                gv_Criteria.Columns.Insert(8, dg);
            }
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Sep 2013
1 answer
241 views
Hi,

I'm currently working with implementing new chartview in winform application.
I activate the trackball to show informations like in this sample 
http://www.telerik.com/help/winforms/chartview-features-trackball.html

In this sample, informations are displayed in color, each on a new line and with the LineSeries name.

X - 3: 23
Y - 3: 7

But when I copy the same code in my solution, I view
"X 23 Y 7"

Is there an option to set the default text format ?
If not, do you have sample for using TextNeeded event to build this text formated with axes information ?

Thanks
George
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Sep 2013
2 answers
306 views
Hi,

I've run into an issue with underlining a text span that is in a table cell. When I create the content of the cell by doing the following:
row = New TableRow
cell = New TableCell()
p = New Paragraph()
sp = New Span()
sp.Text = "Benefit Start"
sp.UnderlineType = UI.UnderlineType.Line
p.Inlines.Add(sp)
row.Cells.Add(cell)
table.Rows.Add(row)

The underline extends past the final character. See the attached 'underlineissue_richtextbox.jpg' for an example, this jpg also shows the same text/paragraph added to the section outside of a table and it works fine.

The problem is even worse when I export the document to a PDF as all the underlines are too wide. See the second attachment for an example.

Is there a work around for this issue or am I doing something wrong?

 

 

 

 

 

Rob
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Sep 2013
13 answers
935 views
Hi,

How can I simulate read-only on a RadCheckBox? the Enabled property changes the text as well.

Thanks,
- jorge
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Sep 2013
3 answers
172 views
Hi,

I have a RadGridView that has a GridViewComboBoxColumn containing 40,000+ values through data binding. Viewing the combobox values in every cell under that column is taking a few seconds. I think the reason for this sluggishness is because it loads up the values only when a cell is clicked. So I'm wondering if there's any way to optimize this behavior. 

Thanks!
George
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Sep 2013
3 answers
1.6K+ views
Hi,
i have two excel document and one of them is new and the other one is old. i must compare theese and add new sheets to the other excel with c#.

I want to compare two excel files in c#, i learned how can import and export from excel to datagrid and from datagrid to excel. but i must learn excel sheets import to datagrid or excel row by row.

how can i do and where can i start i dont know?

thanks.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Sep 2013
5 answers
982 views
Hi,

I have a form that allows the user to change from and to date.
But if the user changes the "to date" to an illegal date (defined by the database) the user will get an message where he can override this error or not. If hi does not override it, i want the date to be reset (cancel the valuechanging) event. 
But the value in the datetimepicker stays at the date selected by the user regardless of me doing cancel = true or not. 

How can i achieve this functionality without triggering the change event once again?

Regards
Svein Thomas
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Sep 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?