Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
7 answers
350 views

I have just tried to install  but failed on the load up when it got to updateing the Visual Studio ToolBox.
i have now tried to uninsatll but i just get the following error:

Action VisualStudioUninstall Toolbox , Location
C:\Windows\MS174T.tmp,Command:/unisatll”C:\ProgramFiles\telerik\Reporting1.0\\””

Need to get this fixed before I can Start testing.
I noted that i should UnBlock that download file but i do not know if this would help as i canot unistall Now .


regards
robert

Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Apr 2007
3 answers
170 views
I am using an OdbcData Adapter (connecting to a mysql db) and the data fields appear in the Report Explorer. However when I drag and drop to the detail section of the report (or any section), they do not get populated. They come in as a plain text box and I have to manually type the field.

Not a major issue but just looks to be a bug.
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Apr 2007
2 answers
167 views
2 more errors in beta 2 of telerik reporting:

internet explorer 7.0:
i noticed that the internet explorer (at least in version 7.0) shows an additional "zoom" function (which is not shown in firefox/gecko and opera/presto - i assume that is only possible in ie/trident browsers?), but: after loading a report it's always shown in 500% mode, which looks  very awful, specially the internal scrollbar, which "grows" and "shrinks" also with zooming. by the way: i didn't find any properties to change that, and  also for other things:
- changing values of tooltips (refresh, print, next page etc.) or "Select export format" string (for localization)
- turning on/off functionality for buttons/combos etc. showing in the browser, like the zoom combo (and maybe to allow only certain zoom steps), the print-button, the export combo box (and maybe allow only certain exports, and also the possiblity to change the strings) etc.
but maybe i just haven't found these properties and i'm just blind.

opera 9.2:
after loading a report, pushing the internal refresh button (not the browser refresh/reload button!) the first time, it works just fine. but pushing it a second time turns into an infinite report creation loop inside the browser ("report will be created" message). i have no idea if that happens also in other versions of opera minor than 9.2.


generally speaking: i'm looking forward to use the final telerik reporting tool, even it's still a lot of work in front of you guys: the designer works kind of buggy, weird and not really smooth, i.e. values inside textboxes disappear, if the "box" is smaller than the content; strange padding inside textboxes; crashing of the designer including visual studio, and so on.

daniel

ps: i'm aware of the fact that this is a beta version, but i would consider a release candidate before i toss that tool on the market.
just another 2 cents from my side.  :-)
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Apr 2007
4 answers
322 views
Hello,

if I want to create a new report, I cannot find the telerik Report item in the Add New Item dialog box. I tried it on two installations (telerik Report Beta 1, Visual Studio 2005, one computer with Windows XP, the other one with Windows Vista). The examples are running on both maschines (on the vista maschine I had to add the permissions in SQL Server Express for the AdventureWortksT database, but then it also run).

Thank you,
Volker
Benutzer0
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Apr 2007
4 answers
247 views
Without wanting to make you commit to an exact date, could you perhaps let us know roughly when Reporting will be released?

I know your site says some time in 2007 but is this likely to be May, September, December...

As a developer I know you won't want to commit to dates - so we won't hold you to it! We're just after a very rough timescale - 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, a year..

Cheers
Tom
Kevin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Apr 2007
1 answer
199 views

Hello,
I may have discovered a bug exporting nested subreports. Here is my infrastructure:

I have report A that is data bound via a SQL Data Adaptor control dragged on the designer, bound to a stored procedure. Report A has a subreport (Report B). Report B is also bound using the same method. Running and exporting Report A with the one subreport poses no problems.

I then add Report C. Report C is referenced as a subreport in Report B. Report C does not have a SQL Data Adapter control placed on the designer. Report C gets its data via the NeedDataSource event of the subreport control on Report B, very similar to the “MasterDetail” telerik sample. However, when Report C is added to the mix, exporting to PDF or TIFF (didn’t try web archive) pegs the CPU process of the Visual Studio 2005 built-in web server and never exports the report. Running the report in the report viewer poses no problem, just exporting.

Is this a known limitation?
Thanks again,
Justin

Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Apr 2007
1 answer
198 views
I have a report with 2 data sources (2 SQL Data Adapters).  One data adapter is assigned as the data source for the report.  I can place fields on my report using that default data source's fields (=<fieldName>).

If I want a textbox on my report to display a field from my other data adapter, what value do I need to assign to that textbox?  The standard (=<fieldName>) doesn't work and I receive an error that <fieldName> isn't part of the Main table.

thank you
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Apr 2007
1 answer
938 views
Hi,

1. How do I design the report to take parameters and How do I pass parameters to a Report at run time ?
2. How do I use subreports and pass parameters to them from the master report?
3. Any examples of Drill down and sub reports available?
4. Does it have MultiLanguage support?
5. Ajax support?
Thanks,
Karthik
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Apr 2007
1 answer
202 views
I have been reviewing the examples in the viewer for winforms (WinDemo.exe), After viewing just a couple of reports and then choosing to view the report with Chart Items, WinDemo.exe is now already taking approx 500MB of RAM, and the reports are relatively simple as far as I can tell.

Is this going to be optimized in the official release?
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Apr 2007
2 answers
122 views
Hi,

I am running WinXP Pro, IE 7.0.5730, VStudio ASP.NET 2.0 C#. I just installed the Reports Beta 1.0 and run the C# sample. The first page loads ok, when I click on any of the example reports, it comes with the following javascript err msg

Line 358
char 6.
Object doesnt support this property or method
Code 0

http://localhost:2275/WebDemo/ReportViewer.aspx?ReportName=Telerik.Reporting.Examples.CSharp.BusinessCardReport%2c+CSharp.ReportLibrary%2c+Version%3d1.0.0.0%2c+Culture%3dneutral%2c+PublicKeyToken%3dnull

The same example work in Firefox 2.0, but the top toolbar seems a little off, meaning the page #'s do not appear in line with the toolbar and are offset by a few pixels down.

I had no issues with the CTP  version.

Thanks,
Karthik
Karthik
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Apr 2007
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?