Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
184 views
Hi

I have added a table adatpter and dataset as my datasources for the report,

I have built a query in  the table adapter that will get values according to query parameters.

I have made both the table adpater and dataset public, so is it possible for me to use

report.tableAdapter1.fillBy(dataset1.table, "Param1","Param2");

and query the information like that ?

Please help
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 09 May 2007
1 answer
163 views
Hi

After my report is generated I am only able to export the report to .tiff format. Please help.

Cheerz
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 09 May 2007
6 answers
442 views

After some confusion during the upgrade between beta 1 and beta 2, I'm struggling with the following error and I don't know what I'm doing wrong (please could you confirm what version we're running- the distinction I'm using is that beta 2's TextBox has a .Value property whereas beta 1's TextBox has a .Text property. Is this correct? Our dev boxes have had old versions installed in the past and I'm not sure the installers did the upgrade properly)

I digress. Here's a screenshot of the designer view:
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t277/fantomning/Capture-2.png

CounterMt is a field in the data table to which the report is bound (programatically), but is not shown on the report. It is a unique key for each row - the intention is to show the number of rows in the COUNT() field here.

The five SUM() fields in reportFooterSection1 are supposed to be an aggregate of the corresponding fields in the detail section.

If I remove the SUM() fields then the report executes perfectly well, otherwise I get this exception:

Any ideas? 

Server Error in '/LawbyteDotNet' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Telerik.Reporting.Data.AggregateNode.Eval(DataRow row) +38
   Telerik.Reporting.Processing.TextBox.ProcessItem() +159
   Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportItemBase.ProcessItem() +144
   Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Report.ProcessItem() +312
   Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.ProcessReport(Report reportDefinition) +57
   Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.Render(String format, Report reportDefinition, Hashtable deviceInfo, CreateStream createStramCallback) +81
   Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.ServerReport.Render(HttpResponse response, String format, Int32 pageNumber, Boolean refresh) +806
   Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.ReportPageOperation.PerformOperation(NameValueCollection urlQuery, HttpResponse response) +72
   Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.HttpHandler.System.Web.IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +118
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +303
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64


Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.312; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.312

Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 04 May 2007
12 answers
345 views
I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this but I find the offer in the last Newsletter to be rather confusing.

I have a subscription for RadControls for ASP.NET with 256 days left. I see no option to upgrade on the Client.net. What exactly does this "upgrade" give me? Is it pro-rated for my subscription period?
Natalie Farah
Telerik team
 answered on 03 May 2007
3 answers
308 views
Here is some code I borrowed (from other reporting packages) to export a report to pdf. I have an empty aspx page that runs this code on load (after reading some url parameters).

MyReport report = new MyReport(); 
string mimeType = string.Empty; 
string extension = string.Empty; 
Encoding encoding = null; 
byte[] buffer = Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.Render("PDF", report, null, out mimeType, out extension, out encoding); 
Response.Clear(); 
Response.Buffer = true; 
Response.ContentType = "application/pdf"; 
Response.BinaryWrite(buffer); 
Response.End(); 

You have to be sure to reference Telerik.Reporting.ImageRendering

I was having some issues with the layout of a simple nested sub report. The spacing is fine in Design View but way off in html view. So this is my fix for now.
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 03 May 2007
2 answers
212 views
This may have been answered, if so point me into the right direction please.

With reporting, am I to understand that currently the designer only works in windows forms, or am I missing something. I cannot seem to find a way to design the form in an web form application.

Thanks.
TadR
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 May 2007
2 answers
209 views
Have you guys seen any issues with adding the SQLDATASOURCE to the Telerik Reporting 1.0 tab.  In the report designer its grayed out when I check "show all" in the tab.  I've gone through the steps of "Choose Items" and checked SQLDATASOURCE.
Ramey Chapman
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 May 2007
2 answers
101 views
I get the following when I try to run the demo for webforms. I also get the get_size() method not declared when I try to edit a report through the Designer.


Server Error in '/WebDemo' Application.

Method not found: 'Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.SizeU Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportSectionBase.get_Size()'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.SizeU Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportSectionBase.get_Size()'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.SizeU Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportSectionBase.get_Size()'.]
Telerik.Reporting.HtmlRendering.ItemGroup.NeedsNewPage(Int32 remainingPageHeight) +0
Telerik.Reporting.HtmlRendering.HtmlReportProcessor.RenderItemGroup(ItemGroup groupToRender, Int32& remainingPageHeight) +121
Telerik.Reporting.HtmlRendering.HtmlReportProcessor.ProcessMiddlePages() +239
Telerik.Reporting.HtmlRendering.HtmlReportProcessor.ProcessReportPages() +45
Telerik.Reporting.HtmlRendering.HtmlReportProcessor.get_Pages() +226
Telerik.Reporting.HtmlRendering.HtmlReportProcessor.ProcessPages(Int32 startPage, Int32 endPage) +146
Telerik.Reporting.HtmlRendering.HtmlReport.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +131
Telerik.Reporting.HtmlRendering.HtmlRenderingExtension.Telerik.Reporting.Processing.IRenderingExtension.Render(Report report, Hashtable renderingContext, Hashtable deviceInfo, CreateStream createStreamCallback, EvaluateHeaderFooterExpressions evalHeaderFooterCallback) +240
Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.Render(String format, Report reportDefinition, Hashtable deviceInfo, CreateStream createStramCallback) +211
Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.ServerReport.Render(HttpResponse response, String format, Int32 pageNumber, Boolean refresh) +1020
Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.ReportPageOperation.PerformOperation(NameValueCollection urlQuery, HttpResponse response) +145
Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.HttpHandler.System.Web.IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +192
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +154
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64
Jim Richmond
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 May 2007
3 answers
248 views
The only item in the web report viewer's list of export formats is the one that says "select export format". How do I get the others to appear?
surfer
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 May 2007
1 answer
168 views
I have created my first Telerik Report and I can preview it with both regular and HTML. My question, is now how do I get that to the report viewer that is on my webform? I tried to follow the documentation but I am missing something.

Anyone with some advice?

Thanks,
ernie racer
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 May 2007
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?