Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
121 views

Hello,

I'm trying to test Reporting (Q1_2007) in the OrcasBeta1TFS (virtual Machine from MS) and found the following issues:
- the templates (TelerikReport.zip) are not installed
- when switching between windows in the IDE always the message

"Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt." 


appears. This only happens when a report design window is open.

Will there be a future release of TelerikReporting for VS Orcas?

Olaf

Vassil Petev
Telerik team
 answered on 22 May 2007
8 answers
733 views
hey all,
    I have two questions
 1- Is there anyway to add a HyperLink or LinkButton in a telerik Report and set its NavigateURL to some values from a DataSource?

2- I want to bind a telerik Report to a DataSource but i don't know exactly what are the column names or how many are they, so that i can't put regular TextBoxes and set the value of each one to a column name from the DataSource because the dataSource returns different number of columns each time with different names according to some parameters. How can i do so?

Hope that i could explain my problem correctly.
Thank you
lamees
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 May 2007
1 answer
216 views
Dear All , 
              kindly let me know your feedback/response for follwing points
1. Is Telerik reporting uses sql server reporting server as underline engine
2. Is Telerik reporting is replacement of sql server reporting service report designer or enhance the functionality
3. Highly appreciate to discuss regarding telerik reporting  architecture

Regards
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 18 May 2007
1 answer
195 views
I want to bind a datagridview row collection to a report. Can I call sub-object values from my binding expression? This is what I am currently trying to do:
MyTextBox.Value = "=First(Fields!Cells[columnname].FormattedValue" 

This is not working. Is what I am trying to do possible? If so, how?
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 17 May 2007
1 answer
106 views
Hello all,
           I'm a new user to the RadReporting Suite. I created a telerik report and put it on the App_Code folder and when i right click the CS file i can see the View Designer link. The problem is when i tried to create another one and put in in another folder the View Designer link doesn't show up !!!. Is there anyway that make me able to put the Report outside the App_code folder and to be able to view Designer form??
Thanks in advance.
Ivan
Telerik team
 answered on 17 May 2007
1 answer
141 views
How are Telerik reports deployed?  I'm curious if new reports can be deployed with an xml file (or something similar) rather than having to deploy a new assembly.

Also, once a report is deployed, is it possible to tweak the formatting of the report without deploying a new assembly?  I'm just talking about minor changes, such as maybe reordering columns or adjusting column widths.

Thanks in advance,
Ben
Ivan
Telerik team
 answered on 16 May 2007
6 answers
462 views
Hello,
I am testing your Report Generator and I have created a report programmatically. I am currently getting this error:
Missing opertator before _Code Operand

can you point me to the right direction? 
(I am not spelling the error message incorrectly, this is what I actually get)
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 16 May 2007
3 answers
312 views
In the examples that are installed, the ReportViewer.aspx file has a ReportName variable in the URL.  For example:
http://localhost/Telerik/Reporting1.0/examples/vb/webdemo/ReportViewer.aspx?ReportName=GroupReport%2c+VB.ReportLibrary%2c+Version%3d1.0.0.0%2c+Culture%3dneutral%2c+PublicKeyToken%3dnull

How do you come up with the value for the ReportName variable?  In my solution, I have a report filename (w/ the same classname) called BudgetsByRegion.vb in my App_Code directory.  What would the ReportName value be in my situation?

Chris
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2007
2 answers
158 views
Chart Wizard generates a 'Error invoking Chart Wizard' error. Details: Exception has been thrown by target of an invocation' error.

After removing ObjectDataSource as my datasource it works. Sqldatasource works also.

Is this one of the problems that will be fixed in SP1? Any ideas? thanks.
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2007
1 answer
126 views
When I am using a subreport with an ODBC data source, the main report will hang when previewing in design mode if the sub report does not return any data. Has anyone else seen this issue?
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 14 May 2007
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?