Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
5 answers
226 views
Support,
I am going to export Telerik Report into pdf file, and then open it in the browser. The following is what my codes:

        Dim report As New Report1()
        Dim mimetype As String = String.Empty
        Dim extension As String = String.Empty
        Dim encode As Encoding = Nothing
        Dim buffer As Byte() = ReportProcessor.Render("PDF", report, Nothing, mimetype, extension, encode)
        Dim fs As New IO.FileStream("C:\temp\a.pdf", IO.FileMode.Create)
        fs.Write(buffer, 0, buffer.Length)
        fs.Flush()
        fs.Close()

Result:
1. On the line (Dim buffer...), error "Use the "new" keyword to create an object instance", please help.
2. How do I open the pdf file in browser or RadWindows? (I am not good in javascript and my application must use the pdf temp file rather than direct showing pdf in browser)

Benson.

Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 30 May 2007
1 answer
216 views
Does anyone know who to make the report control work with VS vb.net?

I am really confuesed over this product the doucmentation seems to be lacking a bit.

If someone could explain even if it will work that might be a little more postitive than what I am experienceing.

RTW
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
 answered on 30 May 2007
3 answers
265 views
Hi All,

I am very new to Telerik Reporting. I dont know how to use this control. Please give me a demonstartion link that shows how to generate reports
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 30 May 2007
1 answer
155 views
Hello, i need some help

In my report i have the next query

SELECT        TOP 100 Me_Sicex.FOLIO, Me_Sicex.PERMISO,  Me_Sicex_Dtl.DESCRIPCION
FROM            Me_Sicex INNER JOIN
                         Me_Sicex_Dtl ON Me_Sicex.FOLIO = Me_Sicex_Dtl.FOLIO

I want to make a group for the three data fields, but when i show the report i doesn't make the group correctly.

In the group options i put the three fields but i don't see it works correctly.

Then i group it in the sql query analizer and it group them right. Here is the query:

SELECT        TOP 100 Me_Sicex.FOLIO, Me_Sicex.PERMISO, Me_Sicex_Dtl.DESCRIPCION,
FROM            Me_Sicex INNER JOIN
                         Me_Sicex_Dtl ON Me_Sicex.FOLIO = Me_Sicex_Dtl.FOLIO
group by Me_Sicex.FOLIO, Me_Sicex_Dtl.DESCRIPCION, Me_Sicex.PERMISO

What am i doing wrong??

Need Help Please!!!

Sorry for my bad english.
Ivan
Telerik team
 answered on 30 May 2007
1 answer
236 views
I noticed when trying to build a report and adding an oracle connection that it only sees the stored procs.  Is there any way to call a package using the design view?  I'll try and test it using code.

Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 28 May 2007
3 answers
619 views
I have a groupFooter textbox which I am trying to display the Total amount of money for a group.

I cannot figure out the expression value to set to get it to format correct.  I'd like to use ToString('$#,0.') and this is what I have but it is giving a IFormat error.

textbox.Value = CINT(SUM(FundingValue)).ToString('$#,0.');

gives: Object of type System.String cannot be converted to System.IFormatProvider.  (guessing CINT cast didnt work?)

textbox.Value = SUM(FundingValue).ToString('$#,0.');
gives Cannot interpret token '.' at position x.

FundingValue is of type decimal.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
Jason


Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 28 May 2007
1 answer
496 views
Dear Telerik,

Could you consider adding another examplke to your Item Binding Expressions help page in regard to showing how to utilise Member access with parameters. ie.

I expected this to work:
textbox.Value = "=Price.ToString(\"$0.\")";  
but received a cannot interpret token """ at position 19.

Refining the query to
textbox.Value = "=Price.ToString('$0.')";  
fixed the error and produced the required outcome.


Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 25 May 2007
3 answers
200 views
I just uninstalled BETA 1 and installed the trial version of V1. 

When I opened Visual Studio 2005.  All of the Reporting Templates are missing.  There is no option to add a New report to a web project or to even create a reporting project of its own.

I am using Visual Studio 2005.  English, Installed to c:\Programs\VS2003.

The TelerikReport.zip file is missing from C:\Programs\VS2005\Common7\IDE\ItemTemplates\CSharp\1033

Uninstall and repair options didn't help.
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2007
1 answer
143 views
I am getting the following error.
    Error 1 The type 'Telerik.WebControls.RadChart' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\website2\b1bad149\d2008ee2\assembly\dl3\f2de7c2e\004c03d2_fd85c701\RadChart.Net2.DLL' and 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\website2\b1bad149\d2008ee2\assembly\dl3\d61f05e8\001fd2d0_fd85c701\RadChart.DLL' C:\WebSite2\Default.aspx 31 
I have tried deleted all of the files in my temporary folder.  But it doesn't work.  Please help me.  Thanks.
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 22 May 2007
2 answers
612 views
Sorry i'm quiet in english.. But i got some question.
How connect report with other data provider such as OLEDB ,MySQL etc.
I'm cann't find any related subject ..  In your all sample use SqlDataAdapter
so provide for MS SQL Server.. But in my project I need to uses MySqlConnector.Net
,so how ?





Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 22 May 2007
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?