Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
6 answers
486 views
Hello,

I have a pretty basic question.

I have a SubReport. I want to access items when they are being "DataBound", so I wired the SubReport's ItemDataBound inside the document I use as the SubReport (and not inside the main report's SubReport item).

Is this the correct way to do it?

Thanks,

Ricardo
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jun 2007
1 answer
150 views
Hi,

Suppose I have a report made up of several subreports. A number of these subreports need to use the same piece of data queried from a database. Is it possible to only query the data once (i.e. in the master report) and then access it within each subreport as opposed to each subreport having to retrieve the data itself?

Thanks
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jun 2007
6 answers
701 views
Hello,

First, let me say Telerik Reports has been great. I'm glad I switched from Crystal Reports.

Now my question is this. I have a report that displays details in a subreport. In the subreport. Each detail row has a set of values I need to access and then display a value based on those values. The problem is I don't know how to access the DataItems of the subreport so that I can extract the value that I need.

Thanks for your help,

Ricardo
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Jun 2007
2 answers
161 views
Added a group to a report and now recieve this error. Unclear what it really needs.


'table' argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: table

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: 'table' argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: table

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentNullException: 'table' argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: table]
System.Data.DataTableCollection.BaseAdd(DataTable table) +1765465
System.Data.DataTableCollection.Add(DataTable table) +97
Telerik.Reporting.Data.ReportDataSourceAdapter.TransformDataSource(DataSet dataSet) +528
Telerik.Reporting.Data.ReportDataSource.GetResolvedDataSet() +97
Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Report.CreateReportDataSet() +41
Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Report.ProcessReportContent() +10
Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Report.ProcessItem() +168
Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.ProcessReport(Report reportDefinition) +57
Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.Render(String format, Report reportDefinition, Hashtable deviceInfo, CreateStream createStramCallback) +81
Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.ServerReport.Render(HttpResponse response, String format, Int32 pageNumber, Boolean refresh) +833
Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.ReportPageOperation.PerformOperation(NameValueCollection urlQuery, HttpResponse response) +72
Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.HttpHandler.System.Web.IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +118
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +154
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64

dtrumbower
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Jun 2007
2 answers
98 views
How do you add a group when the menu option is not available?
dtrumbower
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Jun 2007
1 answer
167 views
Any updates on when the Reporting roadmap will be posted?

Telerik Reporting Q2 2007 is expected in Spring 2007. Detailed information and exact dates will be posted by May 31st.

Some features required for our product are quite there yet and I am interested in what the next version will include.

Thanks
 
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Jun 2007
5 answers
226 views
Hello

I've installed SP1 but now when i want to preview a report i can't see anything, netiher textbox or datafields.

what i'm missing?
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Jun 2007
5 answers
420 views
Hi,

I have a report with details section. At the botoom of my details section, I have a text box whoise data may or may not be long. For that reason, I want to put a page break after this and force a new page when the details section is onto the next record.

I set the PageBreak of the details section to After, BeforeAndAfter... but none of them helped.

Is there an example of this?

Thanks
Tansu
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jun 2007
1 answer
192 views
Can the reportsource property be set dynamically or does it have to be set through the designer?

Thanks
dtrumbower
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Jun 2007
11 answers
423 views
Hi!

I downloaded latest Telerik Reporting Trial and it seems installation does not finish properly because I dont have SQL Express installed locally. After installation in Visual Studio 2005 in Toolbox I see only ReportViewer, no other components. Maybe it's not SQL Express related, but I can't try anything.

Also, why forcing local copy of SQL Express. I have SQL Express server on another computer, just enable entering this information in installer and everything else is the same - you connect to server with information I provide during installation and no local copy of SQL Express is needed (I really dont intend to install it localy since I set up a computer that serves as SQL and IIS server).

Regards,

Mario Blataric
mariob
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Jun 2007
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?