Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
158 views
PDF hung. Deleted subreport control and readded it and now it works.
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jul 2007
2 answers
445 views
Hi.

What is the recommended way to pass parameters into a report generated via the web? Example - if I have want to generate a report for a specific order where the orderid is passed to the page via the querystring what is the best way to pass that parameter to the reports data source?

Thanks
Tristan
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jul 2007
1 answer
144 views
Hi,
i try R2L language (just lable on the simple report example).
It's ok with the report viewer but when i tryed export it to PDF,  all R2L lables (Caption or data from database) show L2R (12345 changed to 54321, only R2L language). i try it with Hebrew.

Thanks,

Ofer 
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jul 2007
8 answers
632 views
I've just begun using Reporting as of today.  So far two issues have croppped up.
1. duplicate namespace errors with Reporting project that also is using Telerik Charts, which I saw in a forum post will be fixed in the next version of reporting.

&

2.  After creating a new report, I go to the designer screen and get a "Microsoft Visual Studio" X Specified cast is not valid. prompt.  Everything compiles ok, this is before I do anything to the form.

My environment is VS2005 SP1 running under W2003 SP1.  I've cleaned the project and restarted VS but I still get the prompt.  Any clues on this one?

Thanks,
J.

Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Jul 2007
1 answer
121 views
Hello!
I am trying to write reports to be used in a DNN site. I have gotten the reports to work when they are contained in a separate project that creates it own DLL. However, I would also like to create them in the APP_CODE directory of my web project. This does not seem to work. WHen I right-click  in the reports code file, there is no "View Designer" menu option. There is though when I am building reports in their own project. Should this be the case???

Thanks for all your help.
Harold

Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Jul 2007
1 answer
192 views
Hi,

I have a report with two subreports displaying some details. For the content of the subreports I need some headers and currently I have used textboxes placed in the main report above the subreports. Is there some way to keep the headers and subreport together on the same page?

I think what I'm looking for is two groups next to eachother but I don't think that is possible. I only see the possibility to nest groups inside eachother.

Hope you understand what I'm trying to do here and can provide me with a solution.

Thanks,
Hrisi
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Jul 2007
1 answer
172 views
Hello

I am experimenting with different databinding methods and wanted to get something confirmed...

This technique...

 
public partial class Report1 : Report 
    { 
        SqlCommand sqlSelectCommand1 = new SqlCommand(); 
        SqlConnection sqlConnection1 = new SqlConnection(); 
        SqlDataAdapter sqlDataAdapter1 = new SqlDataAdapter(); 
 
        public Report1() 
        { 
            /// <summary> 
            /// Required for telerik Reporting designer support 
            /// </summary> 
            InitializeComponent(); 
 
            sqlConnection1.ConnectionString = "server=(local);database=TroubleTicket;Trusted_Connection=true"; 
            sqlSelectCommand1.CommandText = "SELECT * FROM app_projects"; 
            sqlSelectCommand1.Connection = sqlConnection1; 
            sqlDataAdapter1.SelectCommand = sqlSelectCommand1; 
            this.DataSource = sqlDataAdapter1; 
 
        } 
    } 

of putting the databinding logic after the call to "InitializeComponent", works during report development but does NOT allow for drag and drop from the data explorer, correct?

Then the technique of setting the datasource of the report by setting the report properties at runtime, does not allow for the previewing of data during report development. Correct?

Pros and cons of each?

Thanks for your help!
Harold Chattaway

Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Jun 2007
1 answer
106 views
Dear Support,

I know you are planning for "Cross Tab" function in v2. Can you give more information on the schedule and features of v2?

Benson.
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Jun 2007
1 answer
481 views
 

hi,

we are trying to create a printed invoice for our system as a Report. is that possible using telerik reporting?

the case that we have is that the invoice items are seperated into two tables, each one with its own columns and layout and database query.

the invoice lay out should be like following:

 

Invoice
Date: 19-Jun-07
no: inv2223/2007
table 1
refrence supplier city PO no Price
1 A B 123 890
2 c d 23 123
3 e g 43 321
table 2
type Description Price
typ1 description1 43
typ2 description2 54
typ3 description3 76
total (total of prices)

Ivan
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Jun 2007
3 answers
194 views
Is there a way to display a date in the header or footer?
Hrisi
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jun 2007
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?