Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
3 answers
307 views
I using the web report view and i have showprintbutton = true
however hte report does not print correctly. First of all colors wont print and secondly report only prints 1 page and i think that is the last page on the report.

Any advice.

Thanks
Zeeshan Hirani
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jul 2007
1 answer
189 views
Hello,

I started playing with Telerik Reporting and I was wondering why you don't provide xml files associated to the assemblies. It's very useful to have Intellisense comments to understand how works a class.

You provide those XML file for the ASP.NET RadControls dll, is there a reason for not providing them with the reporting assemblies ?
As far as I know it's only a checkbox to check in the Studio :p

Best regards


Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jul 2007
1 answer
145 views
Hello,

I have found 2 topics that doesn't have working link in the online documentation :

http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/

Architecture and The Report Viewer API in the contents section.

Best regards
Pierre-O
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jul 2007
6 answers
416 views
Hello,

I am using the Telerik report viewer for ASP.NET.  I have a DataSet object (.xsd) that I use as the data schema for my report at design time.  At runtime, I fill that DataSet via code and bind it to the report (ResumeReport is my Telerik.Reporting.Report that I'm designing):

ResumeReport report = new ResumeReport();
report.DataSource = dataSet;
report.DataMember = "Users";
reportViewer.Report = report;
reportViewer.DataBind();

I have stepped through the code in debug mode and have verified that the DataSet is populated with data.  I get no build errors, but when the report tries to display, I get:

"The expression contains object 'FirstName' that is not defined in the current context."

"FirstName" is a field in the "Users" table of the DataSet.  I used the DataExplorer to drag the "FirstName" field on to the report, so it is just a TextBox with the value of "=FirstName".  The FirstName text box is in the Details section of the report.

What am I doing wrong?

Vassil Petev
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jul 2007
3 answers
222 views
Hello, I've installed the Telerik reporting and visual studio (2005sp1) shows it as installed, however when I add a 'telerik report' to a my c# class library I am unable to bring up the report designer. The icon next to Report1.cs is the standard c# one, not the one in your 'getting started video'. When the file is selected, only the 'view code' button is visible on the solution explorer's toolbar. I did a repair on the installation but the problem remains. Any ideas?
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jul 2007
1 answer
182 views
Hi,

I am trying to export the content of an Html file into a text box of telerik report , I wrote a class to convert the html content , and when trying to retrieve the styling , I figured out that the selectors don't allow to apply to only a part of my text within my text box, for instance, some words are bold or underlined and the others are not ,but the style apply to the whole  Item.
Is there any workaround to this issue ,

Thanks in advance
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jul 2007
1 answer
343 views
how do i write a binding expression for a textbox like
=Sum(contractamount) where vendorid is not null

documentation doesn't seem to help much.

Thanks
Zeeshan HIrani
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jul 2007
1 answer
139 views
It would be nice to have a feature on the group level apart from group and sort expression to have a filter expression so we can filter the groups we need kind of like a having clause.

Thanks
Zeeshan Hirani
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jul 2007
1 answer
188 views
I would like to know how do I specify legend item text at runtime. When I bind a data object to a chart, it automatically binds the wrong data to the legend. I would like to have control over this.
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jul 2007
2 answers
211 views
Hi,

I am begginner with Telerik Reporting,(and with .Net too) and I try to bind my report, not to a database , but to a class that I have created (the structure of the database is not specified , and the only method to access it is a specific API) , so I added my class(dll), to the references and to the data sources , but my class doen't appear in the telerik data explorer...??? is it because it's not possible to bind a telerik report to other thing except a database ,if no how can I do it .
Thanks in advance
bigbang
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Jul 2007
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?