Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
5 answers
517 views
Hello -
I have a report in which has two textbox controls that are placed on the same spot on the report layout.  Only one can have a value at a time (rules handled by the app user interface and database). 

What I want to do is place them on top of each other in the desinger, but then only have one's Visible property set to True if it has data.

How can I do this with the Telerik reporting?  Unlike SSRS, there doesn't appear to be any expression builders.

Thanks,
 - will
Will
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Aug 2007
12 answers
482 views
Hi. I have a radMultiPage and I want to pass a value of a label to a ReportViwer inside the radMultiPage to use in a sql select.
I Have this:
Me.sqlSelectCommand1.Parameters.AddRange(New System.Data.SqlClient.SqlParameter() {New System.Data.SqlClient.SqlParameter("@user_id", System.Data.SqlDbType.VarChar, 20, System.Data.ParameterDirection.Input, False, CType(0, Byte), CType(0, Byte), "user_id", System.Data.DataRowVersion.Current, "aaa")}) 

But I want to put the value of the label where the "aaa" is. Inside my report.vb I don't have access to the label...

Any help please?

Thanks!
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Aug 2007
3 answers
206 views
The telerik report viewer control works perfectly (thanks!), but when exporting to PDF, there are bizarre results:
1) Multiline pageheader fields display with only the first line.
2) Data Fields do not align with their associated pageheader
3) vertical white bars appear in the data area of the report, splitting their associated column in three parts (left, white bar, right)

example of #3:

Telerik version:
6/30/2007

PDF version:
6/3 0/2007

Many thanks for your assistance!

Tom
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Aug 2007
3 answers
163 views
I am using a Custom Datatable as the report DataSource. I am trying to allow the user to select what page size they want. So if I have 32 records they can display those on 4 pages or all on one page. Is that currently doable? Is there a property I can use to do that?

thanks,
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Aug 2007
1 answer
186 views
Is it possible to pass a DevForce business object to a Telerik report?  If so, how?  The syntax that I am trying to arrive at is something like this:

MyTelerikReport.Datasource = MyBindingSource.Datasource;

I am getting too simple here?
Ling
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Aug 2007
3 answers
339 views
I have created a report with a group in it:
  group1.Grouping.Add(new GroupExpression("id1"));

When I run the report the data comes out in the groups I would expect, eg
Group1
  data
Group2
  data
Group3
  data

I then add a sort expression:
  group1.Sorting.Add(new SortExpression("id2"));

and now when I run the report I get fragmented groups:
Group1
  data
Group2
  data
Group1
  somemore data
Group3
  data
Group2
  somemore data

How do I correctly sort data within a group?
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Aug 2007
2 answers
332 views
Hi,

I'm using this tool to generate ad-hoc reports based on selection criteria provided by the user.  I have a series of report templates and each of those are connected to the same SQL adapter - the only thing that changes is the WHERE clause of the select statement.  How can I change the SQL statement on a report via the ReportViewer at run-time?  My code-behind is VB.

Thanks,

Manon
Manon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Aug 2007
1 answer
295 views
Hi,

I downloaded the reporting tool a few days ago and have been playing with it.  It looks slick and some of the features coming in Q2 look great.  I am, however, having some trouble binding data...

I have a DataSet that queries a SQL db (connection string stored in web.config as normal).  It works fine via the DataSet editor and is identical to all the DataSets I've setup in the past.  When I create a new Telerik Report and set that DataSet as the DataSource, it recognizes it and shows me all the fields in the Telerik Data Explorer window.  I drag them on to report and it all looks fine.  I then create a new aspx page and drop a Telerik Report Viewer on and tie it to the report I just created and run it and it's empty.  If I put text in the header or footer, they show up, but there's no data for the details section.

If I drop a datagrid on the page and tie it to the same DataSet, it works fine.

I then created a Crystal report using the same DataSet and when I went to run it, I got a page that asked for server, db, user, pwd info (said "The report you requested requires further information").

I then created an XML file with the data in it (just locally so there wouldn't be any permissions issues) and then in the report1.cs created a dataset and read the XML into the dataset and manually created fields on the report tied to the fieldnames from the XML and it worked perfectly.

It seems that there is some permissions issue.  Have you had this issue before and is there an easy way to remedy it?  Your report writer is intuitive and everything was working the way I expected, till suddenly there was no data!  Obviously I can't use XML for everything, so I need to figure out a better way to get around this issue.

There are lots of results for the issue I found with the Crystal reports, and likely it's the same underlying problem as I'm seeing with the Telerik reports (I'm guessing)
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22The+report+you+requested+requires+further+information%22+ASP%2eNET+Crystal+Reports

Thanks for any help

Ben
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Aug 2007
1 answer
162 views
Newbe here,

Able to run Telerik reports on my local machine using VS2005.  All reports work great.

What am I supposed to do on my web server.  I copied the BIN and the APP_Code directories to the web server, and now the site won't come up.  I know the problem is in the web.config where Telerik makes references to some assemblies and other stuff.  Is there any documentaion for deploying to a web server?
Thanks in advance, JD
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Aug 2007
1 answer
267 views
Pleasant Greetings!

I need to build ad hoc reports. Our current database solution allows the creation of reports via MS SQL Reporting Services. This is a fine solution, which works fine. However, SSRS provides a high degree of overhead we would prefer to avoid. Telerik seems a fine alternative. The goal is to keep all the existing infrastructure, only replacing the presentation layer with Telerik Reporting.
________________
Currently, we support the following:
________________
The user will specify a "data set" from a predefined list of data sets the system provides. Based on the selected dataset, the user can pick associated fields for display. Also, Sorting and Grouping criteria can be added to each field.

All of these specifications are stored to a database, so the report can be repeatedly viewed.
_______________
What needs to happen is that I need to be able to create telerik textbox objects on the fly to correspond to the selected fields. Once the report layout is complete, I simply need to attach the datasource and view the report.

For performance reasons, it would be great if the generated report could be stored somewhere, somehow.

Thanks for any guidance, code samples, etc. that you can provide.

Tom
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Aug 2007
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?