Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
131 views
Hi,

Here is some sample code that ought to work (IMHO). Can you explain why it does not?

Thanks!!

Tom

        DataSet ds = new DataSet();  
        ds.Tables.Add();  
        ds.Tables[0].Columns.Add("a");  
        ds.Tables[0].Columns.Add("b");  
 
        ds.Tables[0].Rows.Add("a1", "b1");  
        ds.Tables[0].Rows.Add("a2", "b2");  
        ds.Tables[0].Rows.Add("a3", "b3");  
 
        Telerik.Reporting.TextBox tb = new Telerik.Reporting.TextBox();  
        Report1 r = new Report1();  
 
          
        r.DataSource = ds.Tables[0];  
 
        tb.CanGrow = true;  
        tb.Value = "=a";  
        tb.Location = new Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.PointU(new Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(1.625, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Inch), new Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(0.5, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Inch));  
        tb.Name = "a";  
        tb.Size = new Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.SizeU(new Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(1.625, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Inch), new Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(0.25, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Inch));  
        tb.Style.BackgroundColor = System.Drawing.Color.White;  
        r.Items.Add(tb);  
          
 
        tb = new Telerik.Reporting.TextBox();  
        tb.CanGrow = true;  
        tb.Value = "=b";  
        tb.Location = new Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.PointU(new Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(3.625, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Inch), new Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(0.5, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Inch));  
        tb.Name = "b";  
        tb.Size = new Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.SizeU(new Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(1.625, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Inch), new Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(0.25, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Inch));  
        tb.Style.BackgroundColor = System.Drawing.Color.White;  
        r.Items.Add(tb);  
 
        telerik.Report = r; 
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Aug 2007
1 answer
152 views
Hello,

Telerik Reporting doesn't support .NET 1.1.
But I really need it in .NET 1.1 web app.

Is there any way include it into the application?
Maybe wrap it someway in .NET 1.1 library...

Thanks,
Dmitriy.
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Aug 2007
3 answers
722 views
Hi,

How do I change the size and location of a TextBox at runtime?

I tried using the ItemDataBound event to set the size and location of the Processing.TextBox but these properties are ReadOnly.

I have to set the position and size (width) of the the TextBox based on it's value.

Thanks,
Bo
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2007
1 answer
183 views
Hello,

Im creating reports using charts and ive several questions. First of all im using a bar chart. The data im using creates lots series. For each item on the x axis, there is one or more bars. So for example, 6 items on the x axis with 3 bars each.

One of the problems i encounter is that the labels for the x axis overlap each other and they become unreadable. Ive noticed that the chart is rendered quite small for all the data i need to display. I was looking for a solution and i thought maybe a good idea, at least for printing purposes, is that the chart could be rendered vertically. That way no matter how huge it is it will display all the series in a more viewable manner. Or maybe there is a better aproach for this problem.

So,
-How do i prevent labels from overlaping each other?
-How can i make the chart biger so the series are more viable?

Thanks in advanced,
Dan A. Rodriguez
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Aug 2007
1 answer
152 views
Hi, ALL
i am using Reportviewer as ReportMaking Tool.i tried a lot with Matrix and used ceiling function but i can't achieve it.I want to display Data in Report following manner

My Crieteria:

I Used to Develop An attendence Register for employees.Each Employees have Multiple Login and Logout.

Nw My Issue is I want to Group Each Employees with having his own IN and Out on a particular day he Present.And at the same time since each employees having several login and logout for a particular day.I want to Wrap a matrix after certain columns and display the rest in next line for that day of that employee

ie,

i Want in this format

Employee Name: E1

Present Day 1

IN1 OUT1 IN2 OUT2 IN3 OUT3..........after a particular column it should be wrapped and displayed in next line

IN4 Out4 IN5 OUT5...............this process is continued until all the login and Logouts of tht employees is displayed...

Then

Present Day2

INs and Outs

Present Day3

INs and Outs

After The first Employees

Similar Format is For all the other employees

Can Any one Help in this?
Hrisi
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Aug 2007
2 answers
367 views
I created two groups like
group1 and then a group2 inside now when i created a group 3 it gets added inside of group2 which is fine. but in this case i want to move that group upwards at the very top. The designer does let me drag the group upwards before the group1. How do i go about making it the first group

Thanks
Zeeshan HIrani
miacoviello
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Aug 2007
1 answer
154 views
Hi, I am trying to display different messages based on the results of a field in the table.

There are too many messages to use an IIF in the value property of the textbox.  Is there another way to do this?

I tried using =GetMessage(messagecode) to call a custom function I defined on my report but it did not work as well tried fully qualifying it.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Michael Iacoviello
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Aug 2007
1 answer
337 views
Is there a known compatibility issue with using Telerik Reporting and Charting in the same web application?

I have an existing web application that uses the Telerik Charting control on a page. The application works great. I tried to add a new web form to the application, with a Report Viewer Control on it. Now I get error when trying to compile the application ‘ChartAxisItem’ is ambiguous in the namespace ‘Telerik.charting’. In total I get about 23 errors, all basically the same (ambiguous) but with different charting properties (ChartSeriesType, ChartSeries, etc) . These errors are on the page that contains the chart. I added a report to the project to assign to the viewer but it’s blank.

I’m not really sure whats happening or why. I assume it has something to do with the Reports control having chart within it. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Robert
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Jul 2007
12 answers
812 views
Hi,

Can someone point me in the right direction?  I'm looking for a tutorial in how to use the Reporting tool.  I'm trying to design a report that will be ultimately accessed by a web page, and I'm having a frustrating time in trying to figure out how to define a datasource, etc.  The help files are helpful in telling you WHAT can be done, but not HOW to do it.  I've looked at the online demos as well, and that didn't help either.

Help?  Please?
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Jul 2007
5 answers
450 views
Hi,

I have a report with a subreport. The subreport contains some textboxes that may of may not be shown depending on wether they contain data or not. The textboxes that contains data is correctly shiftet upwards (where the textboxes without data was placed) leaving no empty space between the textboxes in the subreport. The problem is that there is a lot of empty space under the textboxes in the subreport. I have tried to set the height of the subreport in it's ItemDataBinding and ItemDataBound events but apparently that is not possible.

private void detail_ItemDataBound(object sender, System.EventArgs e)  
{  
    Telerik.Reporting.Processing.DetailSection detailSection = (Telerik.Reporting.Processing.DetailSection)sender;  
    detailSection.Height.Subtract(new Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(2.0, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Cm));  
}  
 
private void detail_ItemDataBinding(object sender, System.EventArgs e)  
{  
    Telerik.Reporting.Processing.DetailSection detailSection = (Telerik.Reporting.Processing.DetailSection)sender;  
    detailSection.Height.Subtract(new Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(2.0, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Cm));  
} 

How do I adjust the height of the subreport to fit it's content?

Thanks
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Jul 2007
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?