Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
341 views
Hi,
I want to generate maps that fit perfect into the PictureBox. Therefore I need the pixel size of the Picture Box. The size of Picture Boxes are typically given in inch or cm. Do you have any ideas how to calculate the pixel size? Is there a way to configure the image quality (DPI) ?
Sincerely,
Alexander Brütt
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2007
7 answers
558 views

Hi, when I publish my site I get this error:

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Reporting, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be' or one of its dependencies. O sistema não conseguiu localizar o ficheiro especificado.

Source Error:

Line 53: 				<add assembly="System.Web.Extensions.Design, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
Line 54: 				<add assembly="Telerik.Reporting.Interfaces, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=A9D7983DFCC261BE"/>
Line 55: 				<add assembly="Telerik.Reporting, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=A9D7983DFCC261BE"/>
Line 56: 				<add assembly="Telerik.Reporting.Processing, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be"/></assemblies>
Line 57: 		</compilation>

Source File: C:\dados\Giscon\site\proform\web.config    Line: 55

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Telerik.Reporting, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].


Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.210

In Visual Studio everything works fine. Any help?
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2007
5 answers
246 views
Is there a way to get the height of a report so I can make the report viewer control the same height? I dont want it to scroll.
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Aug 2007
5 answers
667 views

Hello!  I'm attempting to build a simple set of reports against a development project that is currently using SQL Reporting 2005, which has some shortcomings I think your product may handily overcome.... if I can only figure out what I'm doing wrong here.

My web app needs to generate PDF reports and display them to the user.  Here's the code I'm trying to use against the telerik Reporting.  Note that I'm trying to pull the rendered PDF into a byte array and pass that array directly to the context.Response object.  (This is very similar to what I do with SSRS, which is working.)  Unfortunately, with the telerik report in the code below, when the Adobe Reader opens on the client's system, an error message pops up that reads "there was an error opening this document.  The file is damaged and could not be repaired."  (This was with Adobe Reader 7.0.8 by the way.)

Note that there's some lines in the code below that are commented out - these are pulling the PDF into a FileStream and writing it to a file - if I try to open the file thus created, it works like a charm!!  (same version of the reader.)

I'd like to avoid all that sloppy file writing... any ideas what in the world I'm doing wrong here????

Oh, and thanks for letting us use the beta of what looks to be a fabulous product... I was sold as soon as I realized the codebehind was C# and not some horrible VBA like what SSRS uses!

 

JobList report = new JobList();  
string mimeType = string.Empty;  
string extension = string.Empty;  
Encoding encoding = null;  
 
byte[] RenderedRptArr = Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.Render("PDF", report, null, out mimeType, out extension, out encoding);  
 
//FileStream sOut = new FileStream("c:\\dev\\joblist.pdf", FileMode.CreateNew, FileAccess.Write);  
//sOut.Write(RenderedRptArr, 0, RenderedRptArr.Length);  
//sOut.Close();  
 
 
 
 
System.Web.HttpContext context = System.Web.HttpContext.Current;  
 
string strPath = context.Request.ApplicationPath;  
Response.AppendHeader("content-disposition", "attachment; filename=JobList.pdf");  
 
Response.Clear();  
Response.ContentType = "application/pdf";  
context.Response.BinaryWrite(RenderedRptArr);  
Response.Flush();  
 

 

Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Aug 2007
3 answers
351 views
Hi,

I have a question regarding the scalability of the PDF rendering engine. We currently use SSRS (or tried) to generate some invoices. These invoices are never rendered to HTML, they only need to be rendered directly to PDF. SSRS does fine until you get about 100 pages or so. Anything over about 100 pages it simply won't do. No errors, it just never finishes. And it's slow as hell.

We need something that can generate reports (invoices) in excess of 5,000 pages directly to PDF as quickly as possible. Has anyone used the telerik reporting to generate reports of this size? If so, is it fast? What are the memory requirements?

TIA.

Scott
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Aug 2007
6 answers
1.2K+ views
Hi,

I have a report with some textboxes where some functions as labels and other as datafields. I wan't the labels and datafields only to be shown if the datafield contains data.

Lets say I have a labelDescription and a textBoxDescription. If the Text of the textBoxDescription is an empty string I wan't to hide both the textBoxDescription and the labelDescription. I have managed to hide the textBoxDescription by implementing it's ItemDataBound event and setting it's Visible property to false if it doesn't contain any data but I can't figure out how to hide the labelDescription.

I tried setting the Visible property of the labelDescription to false but that doesn't seem to work. Here is my code:

private void textBoxDescription_ItemDataBound(object sender, System.EventArgs e)  
{  
    Telerik.Reporting.Processing.TextBox textBoxDescription = (Telerik.Reporting.Processing.TextBox)sender;  
 
    if (textBoxDescription.Text == "")  
    {  
        textBoxDescription.Visible = false;  
        labelDescription.Visible = false;//This doesn't work  
    }  
} 

How do I hide the labelDescription?

Thanks
Phil
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Aug 2007
1 answer
250 views

I am new to Telerik Reporting however I have been using RadControls for over 2 years now. I am currently working on an RMS (Records Management System) project for several clients. Needless to say I don’t feel like dealing with all the baggage within Crystal Reports (I can’t stand the viewer) and since I have been “Telerikized” I figured I’d give reporting a shot. I need to display an image in the Page Header that is unique to each client. It has to be able to be loaded dynamically depending on the designated client. Is there any way to do this without having to use a dataset? Parameters?

Bernard J Bobinski

En4cer Web Systems

Bernie
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Aug 2007
1 answer
162 views
Is there a way to render HTML reports without using the ReportView ?

Thank you.
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Aug 2007
1 answer
166 views
I would like to generate HTML reports without using the Report Viewer and then Exporting as Report Archive.  Can this be done programmatically?

Thanks.
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Aug 2007
1 answer
155 views
 

myReport.mypic.Value = "C:\\temp\\picture.jpeg";

myReport is the report and mypic is the picturebox.

i have created a picture box on the report and
on the calling aspx file i give like this.
but the report is not opening that picture.
is there any thing else i have to do.

Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2007
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?