Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
248 views
I un-installed the Beta 2 and I have installed the latest version. Here are some issues I ran into:

1) When I 'Add Project Data Source', I select an ODBC database and I get "More restrictions were provided than the requested schema ('Tables') supports." Can't go any further, so I try some alternatives:

2) I then manually drag and drop an odbcConnection and configure a odbcDataAdapter similar to how I did with Beta2. Since I can't select the DataAdapter in the report's DataSource property, I generate a DataSet and select that. However, I get a 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object' (I can view the data). So to get it to work, I go into the designer code and manually set the DataSource property to the DataAdapter I created.

3) For testing, I tried to create a Business Object. I selected an assembly and class from another project and I can't seem to specify a method in the class or the needed parameters for the method. Is this supported?

4) Beta 2 reports are not supported in this version. I guess I can live with that as it was a beta. To fix, I just comment out some of the designer code that causes the issues, and the reports seems to run ok. Is this safe, or should I try to manually convert Beta 2 reports to this version via a copy and paste strategy?

5) This not an issue and probably too late to fix, but... It would be nice if SQL 2005 wasn't required for the Quick Starts (as I don't have it installed on my dev machine). An Access db would of been good.

Thanks, Jim
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Apr 2007
1 answer
142 views
Hi,

There is a major regression in release 1.0 of yesterday.  We no longer can set the datasource of a report to a sqlDataAdapter.
First of all the sqlDataAdapters on the report do not show up under datasource to pick from even after rebuilding.
Second, adding a project source from the designer has no effect on the reportviewer.
If you need to see a demo of this, please let me know and I can upload a 2 minute screencast to demonstrate

Thanks for any help with this
LT
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Apr 2007
1 answer
176 views
Is there an example anywhere of localizing a report for multiple languages?  Are the reports able to support pulling thier strings from standard .net resources using the resourcemanager.getstring method?

Localization is the #1 downfall of most reportings systems, I haven't had time to play with this yet, but it looks very promissing...

Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Apr 2007
3 answers
221 views
I had Beta 2 installed on my development server, and I've now run the upgrade to yesterday's release. Did anything actually change between releases? The GAC still shows the dll's are version 1.0.0.0. Is there any way I can check to be sure I am in fact running the latest version?

Thanks!
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2007
1 answer
730 views
According to the documentation and the results I am getting on my report, the multiline property is not implemented yet. Is that correct?

If so, is there a work around so that the text fields will respect line feeds in the data.

Thanks, Jim
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2007
1 answer
120 views
Would be nice to have a "nudge" feature to use the arrow keys to move a control around in the report.

Just random thoughts.
Jim
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2007
1 answer
474 views
If anyone runs into this error when previewing a report:

'table argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: table

Check the items you have in your groups. A misspelling of a field name  caused my issue. The error was a little vague and I only found the problem with trial and error (removing items until the problem went away).

On the subject of setting the fields for groups I had two feature requests:
1) When selecting a field for a group, pre-populate a drop down list to select the value instead of manually typing in.
2) Do I have to put all my fields I want to display in the group (looks like I have to). Normally I am used to just having to specify the main field you want to group by and not every field you want to display in the band.

Looking good. Thanks.
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2007
1 answer
211 views
When viewing the a report using the report viewer control from a secure page(https) I get a warning that the page contains secure and insecure content and whether to show or not. It appears to work ok regardless of which option I choose.

The page just has the reportviewer control on it and I did not see anything on my end that would cause that error. Is this a possible bug?

Thanks, Jim
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2007
3 answers
313 views
Hi i´ve started to try Telerik Reporting. I´m using SQL Reporting Server here.
I could not pass from SQL Reporting Server to Telerik Reporting without 2 things I consider very important:
* Declarative conditional formating (if percent == 0 the row is red if percent == 100 the row is green).
* Declarative filters like SQL Reporting Server.

I think that the 95 % of the configuration should be declarative and C# code should be writen in very special situations
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2007
1 answer
203 views
I see the other thread of importing has garnered no traction. Even a limited import of layout would be most benificial. To redraw all reports will be a non-starter for most users. Bringing most of the layout and then having to rebind data fields would at least meet half way. Please respond to importing future. Thank you.
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Apr 2007
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?