Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
9 answers
543 views
Dear Telerik,

I am evaluating the Telerik Reporting product.  Can you point me to a simple example of how to implement this?  I basically need to know how to create a simple report and connect it to a data source.  I can add complexity after I understand the basics.  Please advise.

Thanks,

Woody
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
1 answer
120 views
Using the expression builder I have created a bulleted display using HTML code.  When the report is displayed in the browser it looks fine.  When I export the report to PDF the HTML code is displayed and the output is not formatted correctly.  Is this by design or am I missing a step?

If this is by design is there a way I can bulleted output which will display correctly in both formats?

Scott


Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
1 answer
67 views
Hi all,
I am new to telerik reports.
On browser I am not abe to see the fields as alligned in the design page.
There is considerable change in the allignment.

Please assist me in this.

thanks & regards
Vijay
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
1 answer
157 views
I installed the dev version of Telerik Reporting Q3 and have set-up a seperate project as guided in the documentation, but the only datasource that is displayed via in the data tool box section is DataSet.  My understanding is that SQL Datasource should also be available?

On the same note, I want the data provider from my report (regardless if it a dataset or sql datasource) to utilize a defined data connection from my applications web.config file, how is this accompliished? 

Thanks in advance,

Brook
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jan 2008
1 answer
87 views
I ran into what appears to be a limit, which I guess is ok, but it does take w3wp.exe to 100% on a permanent basis, so that's not a good thing.

It appears that when a single field in detail of a group exceeds 1 page in length, then the export to pdf option is selected, the error occurs. Page renders fine in IE, just the export is the problem so it may be an Adobe issue.  I am using a groove border to the textbox if that makes a difference.

For me with my font size, 3700 chars works, but 3800 crashes.  We have a varchar(5000) field that we will adjust to trim to varchar(3700) field in response to this, but thought I would post for discussion/review in next release.


Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jan 2008
2 answers
219 views
Here is my situation. I have a report viewer on an aspx page, and I'm trying to bind programmatically to a DataTable. I'm doing the binding in the page load event, and I've verified the DataTable contains data. Below is the code that performs the binding:

vw_DailyTotalsTableAdapter adapter = new vw_DailyTotalsTableAdapter();
 adapter.Fill(data.vw_DailyTotals);

 report.DataSource = data.vw_DailyTotals;
 report.DataMember = "vw_DailyTotals";
 ReportViewer1.Report = report;
 ReportViewer1.DataBind();

When the report tries to render, I get the following error:

"Column 'RowError' does not belong to table vw_DailyTotals."

Any ideas on how to overcome this or even why its happening would be appreciated!
New2UI
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Jan 2008
1 answer
184 views
Hi,

I saw the video for parametrized query at  video Design Time Support for Parameterized Queries.  In that it uses SQLdataAdapter. I have downloaded the Telerik reporting and it doesn't show that option for me.  Is SQLdataAdapter not in Telerik reporting 2.0 ?

Please Help,

Thanks,
Smiely


Milen | Product Manager @DX
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Jan 2008
1 answer
194 views
Hi,

After adding the respective dlls to bin folder, we are getting the error message as - "Cannot create an object of type 'Telerik.Reporting.Report' from its string representation 'Reports.rpt_Ticket, Reports, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=A9D7983DFCC261BE' for the 'Report' property."

How to solve this issue?

Kindly guide us..

rgds,
chida
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Jan 2008
2 answers
328 views
-Update:-  I saw version 2.0 was released so I upgraded to that, repointed all references etc and still get same error.  Works find in preview and html preview, but cannot display via aspx.-  Just querying a 3 column table with 6 rows.


Anyone know of what this error may be from?  Other telerik reporting pages withing the same app work fine, though they don't use the group functionality.  The page loads in the preview button fine.  I get the error below through the webpage however.  Is there any kind of debug mode to get an actual error?

Only thing on the page is the reportviewer was dropped on the aspx page and this is in the code behind:

Imports CEReports
Partial Class Reports1_aaa
    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page
    Protected Sub Page_PreRenderComplete(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.PreRenderComplete
        Dim myreport As New CEReports.aaa
        ReportViewer1.Report = myreport
    End Sub
End Class

Report is unavailable or session has expired.

Please, refresh the page.


Joel
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 02 Jan 2008
3 answers
157 views
I just installed the reporting Q3. May I know what is the easiest way to convert all my Q2 reports to Q3? Can Q2 and Q3 reports exists together in a project?
Thanks.
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jan 2008
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?