This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

upgrade problem

1 Answer 80 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
rob mays
Top achievements
Rank 1
rob mays asked on 04 Oct 2007, 10:11 AM
I uninstalled V1.0 reporting, then ran the V1.5msi it says installed successfully but when I want to add a new report there is no telerik report 1.5 in my dialog box. where did i go wrong?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Hrisi
Telerik team
answered on 04 Oct 2007, 04:18 PM
Hi rob mays,

We suppose the problem lies in the fact that Item Templates v1.0 of Telerik Reporting have not been properly uninstalled. To recover from this problem you should try one of the following steps:
  1. If you have already installed Telerik Reporting Q2 2007, right-click on ToolBox and from context menu select Reset Toolbox. If this doesn't help perform the next step.

2. Uninstall all versions of Telerik Reporting.

3. Look at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\ItemTemplates folder. Remove TelerikReport.zip from all subfolders, if any.

4. Look at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\ItemTemplatesCache folder. Remove TelerikReport.zip subfolders, if any.

5. Install Telerik Reporting Q2 2007.
If you doesn't see the Telerik Report 1.5 item in the project items templates, then:
  • Run the command devenv.exe /InstallVSTemplates in the Visual Studio 2005 command prompt.
  • From the VS2005 ToolBox context menu run Reset Toolbox.
Let us know if you still have problems installing the product.

Best wishes,
Hrisi
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
rob mays
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Hrisi