Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
5 answers
199 views
I have been using Q2 2007 Reports for a couple months now and use the export to pdf programmatically and within the export options.  I upgraded to Q3 and now I can no longer export any report to any format.  I have removed all references to 1.5.1 and updated all to 2.0.0 and have also removed the binaries from gac and my machine in general.  So I don't think it is a referencing issue.  Also the reports come up very slooooow.  They used to come up in about 2 seconds, now its more like 2 minutes.  Any thoughts?

Ryan
Comingdeer
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 15 Jan 2008
1 answer
260 views
I'd like to know what is the best way to deal with large amount of data. I've some reports with complex SQL queries (lot of joins) and which return many lines, and I want my reports to be fast...
Should I use a sqlDataAdapter? a DataSet (and put it in cache or session?)? a business object?
Do you have some feedback to optimize reports?

Thanks in advance
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jan 2008
6 answers
317 views
I need to provide an "Export to Excel" functionality for Telerik reports for an application I am building. However, I don't see any options currently to accomplish this.

I'm planning to write my own report rendering method, but in order to do that I need a bit of starting information that I couldn't find through Google:

What do I need to do to tie my report rendering provider into Telerik's reporting controls?
How do I get started--is there a specific class structure, or perhaps some documentation on how to write your own provider that I just haven't found?

Thanks!
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jan 2008
9 answers
270 views
So..I was just handed an example of what the client wants now...  I cannot figure out how to do it with telerik reporting.  They want it exportable as PDF so I have to use telerik reporting.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 3 column detail table with N rows.  Widget Name, Widgets Sold, Sold %. Telerik Reporting is great at this!

Now client wants a graphical representation (horizontal bar chart with just 1 bar) between widget name and widgets sold (Think progress bar) representing sold %.  In standard asp/aspx front end, I could take a 1 px wide graphic and stretch it's width to Sold %, or repeat x Sold%.

Sales Territory X
Widget 1                                 0      0
widget  2        xxxxxx              6      60%
widget  9        xxxx                  4      40%

Is there a best practice with Telerik Reporting someone could suggest?
Joel
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 10 Jan 2008
2 answers
142 views
Hi

I'm not able to get the AxisLabel displayed for either the X or Y Axis
(using Q3 2007 radControls)

For example:
radChart.PlotArea.XAxis.AxisLabel.TextBlock.Text = "Years"
radChart.PlotArea.YAxis.AxisLabel.TextBlock.Text = "%"

I tried using the help programmatic example to get some "clean" code
Creating RadChart Programmatically - more complex example
but it still didn't work...

Any help appreciated

Regards

Martin Hoey
Martin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Jan 2008
3 answers
243 views
If I have a textbox_ItemDataBound and subreport_ItemDataBound in the detail section, the subreport_ItemDataBound always run first, and then the textbox_ItemDataBound run.  Is there any way I can run the textbox_ItemDataBound first?

I want to get the value of the textbox from the textbox_ItemDataBound to set the visibility of subreport according the value of the textbox's value.
Ivan
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Jan 2008
1 answer
100 views

Hi, Support Team

I am encountering one issue. While selecting the datasource for the telerik reporting it generates an error.

I am not able to upload the image which display error. I am placing the error description

Error Header : "Wizard Form"
Error Message: An unexpected error has occured.
Key not valid for use in specified state.



Please provide me the solution at the earliest.

Lalit Sharma
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Jan 2008
3 answers
489 views
Hi,

Is there any way to make a subreport visible according to some Fields value?

For example, I have a purchase order report, one purchase order may contain multiple purchase order items. The sub report list the items belong to its purchase order. If there is no purchase order item for one purchase order, the subreport should not visible, or display some friendly message saying that: No items for this purchase order. I can have a field value called LineCount to count the number of items for each purchase order.

Thanks a lot
Ivan
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Jan 2008
2 answers
129 views
is it possible to use the reporting without having to create a reporting class and then reference it from within my web application?

i have tried adding a new telerik report item from within VS 2005, but that just gives me the code and not the designer.

there is good reason for me having to do it this way....

thanks in advance

dave
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
1 answer
163 views
We are evaluating using Telerik Reporting for an in house project.  So far I really like it.  Far cleaner than Crystal, easy to bind to a dataset by hand, great product from my testing so far.  I just need to convince my boss about maintenance going forward.

How are updates from Telerik integrated?  Does it just require DLL updates and rebuild?  Or does it require format changes to reports once they are built?  Obviously my boss wants to know that if we go with it we will not be stuck "fixing" the reports every new release. 

Thanks
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jan 2008
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?