Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
0 answers
111 views
ignore
Joel
Top achievements
Rank 2
 asked on 31 Dec 2007
1 answer
158 views
I'm working on a web application where we have to generate user-defined 'reports' based on a multitude of data.  The web application itself is used to monitor ATMs (Automatic Teller Machines).  For instance, these ATMs generate 'journal records' which describe how the ATMs is being used; there are transaction records which describe how much money was withdrawn, deposited, etc... and there are other types of journal records. 

Our users need to analyze these records in a multitude of ways: They may want to see the last 56 journal records (regardless of the type of record), they may want to view a particular journal record from 3 weeks ago, they may want to see the last 290 transaction journal records where a withdrawl was issued, etc.

From what I have seen from the Reporting demos, it seems most of the reports are 'canned' and don't allow for much user-defined-input.  So, I'm wondering if, for the type of user-defined information I need to present, is it better to go with a webcontrol like the RADGrid, rather than use Reporting?  Would the Reporting module be more geared toward say, allowing the user to view a canned-report of the "Top 50 transactions (cash-wise) during the last month"? 

I guess I'm wondering what the Reporting module offers outside the RADControls suite, besides the many export features. 
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Dec 2007
2 answers
156 views
i am using your trial download and have installed on a machine which has VS2005 installed.

it hasnt installed the template "Telerick Report 1.5" into the visual studio installed templates?

forget that - i had vs opened when i installed and had to restart...
dave
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Dec 2007
4 answers
251 views
Hello Support Team,

I'm having 2 problems with Telerik Report version 2.0:

1/ I'm building a report libary,  I just create a report using a Stored Procedure with 2 parameters.

The problem is after a while or when I close the project and re-open it, when try to Preview the report, i got the error:
"Login failed for user 'myuser'"

But if I right click at SqlDataAdapter object, select Preview Data option, enter parameters i got return correct data.

Please tell me why the connect failed while I tried to Preview report?

2/ Let say 2 have 2 parameters: StartDate and EndDate.

I want to dynamic create a sub header for my report, like:

Period: StartDate - EndDate.

I would think using a Textbox with:
="Period " + Parameters.StartDate + " - " + Parameters.EndDate

But it doesnt recognize the Parameters.

How to achieve this goal?


thanks
Neil
NeilNguyen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Dec 2007
3 answers
150 views
I've been working on a report that requires me to manually add a grid of textboxes. I'm using a very standard method to do so (loop through an array and keep track of the current Y position etc. etc.).

However, for some insanely odd reason (I can't even wrap my mind around this), the third column item is pushed down further than all other items during the first iteration through my collection. Furthermore, this will only happen when I put textboxes above the area I build my grid in.

It's very cryptic to explain, so I've made a project that duplicates the behavior. I'm sure this is hard to understand, so I'll just post my project and wait for the questions.

Sample Project
Dave Harris
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Dec 2007
23 answers
1.2K+ views
I would absolutely love to see a R.A.D Reports to replace my Crystal solution. Just a simple window that you can build reports in and then have the ability to print (without exporting first), but also gives the ability to export to Word (.rtf or .doc), Excel, .pdf, or print directly to printer. I would guess it would also have to allow you to page through the report and zoom in and out. Has this already been mentioned?
Trayko Stoilov
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Dec 2007
4 answers
335 views
Hi,
    1. In reporting tool by default there are 3 export format. It does not have export to excel and export to word. I need those in my application.
Does reporting tool supports the above mentioned exports as well ? Or I will have to write code for that. 

    2. I have to place picture box at runtime in my application. For that I have created an image folder in my application and have written the following (Code in VB.net):
         Picturebox1.value = ~(images/img.gif)
However it is not working. Please tell me how to assign the value at run-time.

Thanks,
Rahul
    
Trayko Stoilov
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Dec 2007
1 answer
136 views
I have both VS2005 and 2008 installed so that I can continue to work with BizTalk 2006 projects until SP1 ships.  When I installed Telerik Reporting 2.0 it shows up in VS2005 on the splash, but not on VS2008.  How can I register it in VS2008?
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Dec 2007
4 answers
167 views
Just wondering if it'll work for .Net 1.1? can it create charts?
rajesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Dec 2007
1 answer
267 views
What facilities are there available in Telerik Reporting to help get an accurately-sized paper-print (or PDF output) when using a WEB report viewer.

I have struggled with a supposedly "A4" report with the MS report viewer.. have put in the correct paper size (tried in cm AND in inches!) - but the PDF output is still completely screwed. (I can't even see a normal 'print' button...)

This has to be a major concern for web developers!

Has telerik 'come to our rescue', and produced something that is as nice as the (windows/desktop) report tools I am used to?

Steve
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Dec 2007
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?