Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
2 answers
156 views
I am creating a line report by adding dynamically the values for the series. Also, i am trying to set a different color for every line but I can't do that, since it is always setting default colors.
I tried by setting it for every element in the series via AddItem method (serie.AddItem(itemValue, null, colorToSet) but it didn't work. Also I tried to set it via the property Appearance.FillStyle.MainColor of every series item and didn't work too. Finally, I tried with SetColors method and did not work.
What should I do in order to set dynamically the color of every series line?
Jp Maxwell
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Dec 2007
2 answers
240 views
I've just installed the Telerik Reporting Demo.
I'm getting multiple errors in Report1.Designer.vb.
This happens right after I have created a report using the Wizard.

Type 'Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.StyleRule' is not defined.
Type 'Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Textbox' is not defined.
etc..

Is my installation screwed up?

Any suggestions would be helpful.
Matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Dec 2007
3 answers
169 views
Dear Telerik,
I downloaded trial version of Telerek Reporting and found that it is not integrates in Microsoft VS 2008. Could you tell please when are you going to integrate Reports in VS 2008?
Thank you,
George
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Dec 2007
3 answers
296 views
Hi,
    I am using telerik report to print varchar(max) data type. In my application I have used telerik Text Editor. Data written in telerikText Editor is stored as varchar(Max) datatype.
     While viewing the report the text is getting adjusted according to the html tag in data.
eg. If the data stored by text editor is  <b>Title</b> ,in view I can see the  Title as bold
    However while taking the print out the print is not showing the formatted text.
Infact the html tags are printed. eg In above case <b>Tilte</b> is printed.
    I want only the text title to be printed bold without html tags.
   Can you please tell me how to print Varchar(Max) datatype in Telerik Report?
Thanks,
Rahul
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Dec 2007
1 answer
242 views
Hi,
   I am creating report where there is option of showing selected fields at runtime.
 In design mode I have designed all the fields. In run mode only those fields will be shown which is selected by the user.
    For that I am passing the parameter in report and at runtime making those  fields visible false which the user has not selected.
Thus only those fields will be visible which the user wants to.
  Now  the problem is that the textbox which I want invisible occupies the place even though it is set to visible false. Thus lot of blank space is seen.
Can you please help me how to make them visible false without occupying the space?

Thanks,
Rahul


Milen | Product Manager @DX
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Dec 2007
1 answer
206 views

I need to make a report that has data pulling from difference datasource/ tables?   Is that possible?  and how?
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Dec 2007
4 answers
578 views
Hi,

In a footer section, I want to obtain the average of a calculated textbox displayed in the detail section.

How I can do that ?

Regards,
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Dec 2007
3 answers
543 views
Hi,
     I am creating a report application where I want to make conditional formatting. I have a column as status . The column contains data ' normal status'  and 'abnormal status'. The column is showing data correctly.
 Now what I needed is to show the data 'abnormal status' as bold.
     Thus, I don't want the complete column to be bold. Depending upon the data it contains I want the selected data to be bold from that column.
   Is it possible to do so?

Thanks,
Rahul
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Dec 2007
1 answer
198 views
Dear Telerik team,
I was trying to bind telerik report from the custom datasource - strongly typed dataset with just one table (xsd). When I try to preview report in designer I have the error: "Column 'RowError' does not belong to table ReportData". What does it mean? (My datatable indeed does not have any column 'RowError').
Thank you very much,
Yuri
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Dec 2007
7 answers
304 views
I have started a bug report ticket with telerik over this - their reply is that it will be fixed in the service pack or next version.

I wanted to see how much this bug affects other people. If this is a problem for you, please post here. We'd really like to get this fixed ASAP.

As per the title - the HTML viewer respects page breaks AFTER groupfootersections, but when exporting to PDF/TIFF, the page breaks are in the wrong place. See attached PDF and screenshots.

Sample PDF report
Visual Studio report setup
What the report should look like (and does in the web viewer)
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Dec 2007
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?