Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
129 views
Zoom select does not appear to work in Firefox.  Zoom select works correctly in IE.  I checked this forum and could not find anyone else who had this issue.  Is this a know issue?
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Dec 2007
4 answers
343 views
Hello -
We are using the Telerik reporting control within a Dotnetnuke web site and the reports were great.   Are there any methods that anyone knows about that would allow a user to schedule and subscribe to a report like with Sql Server Reporting services?  We have a need for this and I have not found anything yet.

Thanks
 - will
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Nov 2007
1 answer
309 views
Hi!,
        I am creating a report which will require 2 parameters customer ID and Date. I have written stored procedures to retrieve data. I am getting dataset from my stored procedure and assigning to the report datasource.
    eg. MyReport.datasource = ds.tables(0)
Thus , I am not using wizard to attach datasource.
    I am creating the class library for the report(.dll) and using that in my webforms.(As shown in Telerik Reporting help manual)
     Now I want to know how to ask for the parameters. From my webforms I can get the parameters from session. But how to ask for parameters in report class Library.
          Please give me the steps to do so.

Thanks,
Rahul

    
Milen | Product Manager @DX
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Nov 2007
1 answer
187 views
Hi!,
      I am creating one parent report which is simply as means of combining multiple child reports.
      My requirement is that I want to have  printing options.
 eg If my parent report contains child reports as childReport, childReport1 ,childREport2 etc.
I have a page which have check box to print the checked childReport.
Say if I want to print only childReport1 and not the other two.(This is decided at runtime. )
    Can you please give me any idea how to do this?
Thanks,
Rahul

Milen | Product Manager @DX
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Nov 2007
1 answer
162 views
Is there a way to create a bulleted effect in a text box?
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Nov 2007
1 answer
229 views
Hi,
    I am developing report application in vb.net using telerik reporting tool.
I want to show multiple reports on a parent report page. For that I have followed the following steps:
  1. I created 2 reports which are child reports binded by different DataSource.
  2. Then I created one parent report.
  3. On parent report I placed 2 SubReport control with 2 respective child report as report source.
      However, I am having problem with preview . The data is repeating that number of times as number of records. eg. if the sub report2 is generating  4 records then that report comes 4 times.
         Besides this in report viewer I am getting error as "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
            If possible please give me the steps to be followed if I am going anywhere wrong.

Thanks,
Rahul
    
               

Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Nov 2007
3 answers
166 views
Hello -

In the examples in the Help documentation on how to create a subreport (for the Creating Master-Detail Reports using SubReports heading), the query that is used for the Detail (SubReport) joins a few tables and then uses (I assume) the Report Parameter and Filter properties to "filter" the data to be for a specifc product category id. 

My question is this:  Does this subreport bring down all of the data that matches the sql query to the client and THEN applies the filter condition?  Since the query's WHERE clause does not include a statement like "WHERE ProductCategoryID = 12" or whatever the incoming parameter value is, which would filter the data at the database query level, I am assuming that the report engine gathers ALL of the query results and then applies a filter at the local or client level.  Is that correct?

Thanks
 - will
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Nov 2007
2 answers
283 views
Hello -
I am trying to create a subreport to be used to display the details for a master/parent report. 

Are there any examples in which stored procedures are used?  I see all of the examples use straight t-sql queries, but I have to use a stored procedure that is expecting a parameter - the ID value for the master record.  If anyone can help me find such an example, that would be great.

thanks
Will
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Nov 2007
4 answers
195 views
How can I overwrite the style of reporting frame with a CSS code already written down on a Web Project?
Ricardo Cardoso
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Nov 2007
3 answers
353 views
I am trying to create a report that uses the Count() funtion in the Report Footer. I am counting a field like fileid and displaying it in a text field but the COunt is way to high (Instead of ten items it is saying 270 items).
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Nov 2007
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?