Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
175 views
Hello,

Does PicutreBox support TIF type image? Or Is there any way I can put a TIF image into the report?

Thanks
Hrisi
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Nov 2007
1 answer
415 views
Hello,

First, my goal is to take a report and convert it to a image.  To that end I found some sample code (shown below) which does that
The code creates a jpeg, but only the first page is rendered.  Is this code incomplete?

Scott

Report1 report1 = new Report1();
string mimType = string.Empty;
string extension = string.Empty;
Encoding encoding =
null;
try
{
 
Hashtable deviceInfo = new Hashtable();
 deviceInfo[
"OutputFormat"] = "JPEG";
 
byte[] buffer = Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.Render(
     
"IMAGE", report1, deviceInfo, out mimType, out extension, out encoding);
 
using (MemoryStream stream = new MemoryStream(buffer))
 {
   
using (Image img = Image.FromStream(stream))
   {
     img.Save(
@"c:\" + report1.GetType().Name + "." + extension,
       System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Jpeg);
   }
 }
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
 MessageBox.Show(ex.ToString());
}
Hrisi
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Nov 2007
1 answer
98 views
Hey I'm testing out the reporting components so that I can use them in a software development project that utilises the doodads/MyGeneration framework. www.mygenerationsoftware.com/dOOdads/dOOdads.aspx

I would like to know the best way to use Telerik Reporting with my existing data layer. Any resources that could help me would be greatly appreciated.
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Nov 2007
2 answers
316 views
Hello,

I have problems with binding object to the report.

I have an Order class and OrderLine class. one order can contains multiple orderLines. So in my Order class, I have a List<OrderLine> property.

Now I create a List<Order> object and I want to bind my List<Order> to my report. And I add a group to the report. I want to bind the Order's properties like OrderID, orderDate,..., to the Group header section, and display the OrderLine list's properties to the details.

The problems is it can display the properties defined in Order, but it can't display the properties in OrderLine object in the detail section.

Thanks in advance
Steven
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Nov 2007
4 answers
342 views

Hi,

1/ I tried to use the ReportParameters collection to pass paramaters to my report but I don't understand when the databinding occurs. I'seem to be directly after the report was created.

I saw on forum's samples that you combine report parameters with the Filters collection to filter results. But I already have a function of my Bussiness Layer that can take two date parameters to reduce data.

So I wan't to pass dates to the report and populating it with my function who take the two dates in parameters. How I can do that? At which place I must define the datasource property? Why isn't there a method Databind?

I tried to use the NeedDataSource event but I don't understand when it is fire.

2/ If the is no data to show, how I can replace the report struct by a simple message text ?

 Thanks for yours reponses.

Maxime
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Nov 2007
5 answers
262 views
Hello -
I have a report that runs without any problems, but as soon as I add a PictureBox control to the report I get the error, "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."   As soon as I remove the PictureBox control, the report runs fine again.  I can leave the Value of the PictureBox as empty or set it to a database column...and it errors out either way.

I had reports that had PictureBox controls that displayed an image from the database that were working fine with the earlier version of the Telerik Report Control.  Is this a new bug??

Please help or let me know.  Thanks -
 - will
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Nov 2007
2 answers
258 views
I have seen examples that export to PDF in a web application.  Can you programatically export to PDF from Winform application
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Nov 2007
1 answer
166 views
I am creating a report which has redundant column value. What I want the report to present is to show the first value of that column and ignore the subsequence redundant value. I know putting the field into a group header can achieve that, but I wish to show it in detail line. As far as I know other reporting tool has feature to ignore redundant value.
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Nov 2007
5 answers
320 views
First, I don't know why I cannot put a screenshot here to illustrate the error,
after installation, I can run the reports successfully for both web and win forms,
but when I try to open the code using vs2005, the following error messages pop up in vs2005

Package Load Failure
Package.Telerik.Reporting.Vspackage.VsPackage, Telerik.reporting.vspackage.vspackage, version=1.0.0.0, culture=netutral,publickeytoken=a9d7983?????' has failed to load properly (GUID = {50E2dd37xxxxxxxxx}}. Please contact package vendor for assistance. Application restart is recommended, due to possible environment corruption. Would you like to load this package in the future

I am using win2k sp4, please also refer to the support ticket I submitted on the same day regarding windows form, I think they are related as well..

I have also some feedback to your product, I will put it in another thread in the forum

Hrisi
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Nov 2007
2 answers
324 views
I have a fied containing description. Length of field is varchar(100). However do not want to create a textbox width that can allocate 100 chars. So I create textbox width(50 chars) with can grow set to true and can shink set to false. However, the text box break into few lines instead of 2 lines. Which means the textbox width is reduced (less than 50 chars)
Anything I need to do to avoid this?
cheekl
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 13 Nov 2007
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?