Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
2 answers
147 views
How can I translate to other language the options in ExportGroup and ZoomSelect including ExportButton of a ReportViewer?
Ricardo Cardoso
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Nov 2007
3 answers
268 views
Hi,

I have a textbox set to CanGrow with a line shape below it.  When The textbox grows the shape doesn't stay beneath it.  How do I keep the line under the growing textbox?

Thanks,
Tim
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Nov 2007
1 answer
164 views
Hello,
  I saw a reply in the forum posted in july saying the reportviewer is not localizble. Just wanted to know if this is possible with q2 2007 sp1?


Many thanks in advance,
Regards,
Vaneeth
 
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Nov 2007
2 answers
650 views

Hello:
 I'm new using Telerik controls,  I find it very useful these controls, in addition to be easy to implement.

 I had no problems with the RAD Controls, but when I try the reporting everything worked well:
 making the report( I see both Preview and HTML Preview), connect to the database, creating the reportviewer in the aspx page.
 
But when I try to run the web site, all other pages worked fine, but the report does not work, I get the following message:

The http handler needed by the Report Viewer has not been registered in the application's web.config file.   Add <add verb="*" path="Telerik.ReportViewer.axd" type = "Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.HttpHandler, Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be" /> to the system.web/httpHandlers section of the configuration file.

But Im ussing Netframework 2.0 for the application, so I put the handler in Handler Mapping In the application's config file, but nothing happened.

      <system.webServer>
         <handlers>
            <add name="TelerikReport" path="Telerik.ReportViewer.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.HttpHandler" resourceType="Unspecified" />
         </handlers>
      </system.webServer>

I search the entire Reporting Forum, with no luck. I put The dll files in the  bin directory. Any advice? I may be missing something? 

Thanx for your time.

P.D.
Im Using VS2005 in Vista Utimate.

chrisarauzv
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Nov 2007
2 answers
124 views
Hello,
  We are in the process of finalising a reporting tool. I want to know if Telerik reports can extract data from both SQL server 2000 and SQL server 2005 databases.

Many thanks in advance,
Vaneeth
Van
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Nov 2007
4 answers
232 views

Hi, It is kind of hard to post all my actual codes here because I am working from rather complicated business objects. Here is a simplified model.

   public partial class ReportViewer : System.Web.UI.Page
    {
        protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            IList<Order> myOrderList = GetFromBO.GetOrders();
            Report myReport = new ReportLibrary.MyOrderReport;
            myReport.DateSource = myOrderList;
            this.ReportViewer1.Report = myReport;       
        }   
    }   
 
    class GetFromBO { 
        public IList<Order> GetOrders() { 
            ILIst<Order> orderList = new List<Order>;
            Order order;           
            //fill the IList<Order> with orders
            //...      
            orderList.Add(order)
            //...          
            orderList.Add(order)
           //...
            return orderList;
        }   
    } 
   
    class Order {
      public int OrderID;
      public datetime OrderShipDate;
      public IList<OrderDetail> OrderDetails;
      ....
      }   
    }
 
    class OrderDetail { 
        public int OrderDetailID;   
        Public Item item;
        public int Quantity;
        ....
    } 
   
    class Item { 
        public int ItemID ;
        public string ItemName ;
        public datetime AvailableDate ;
        ....
    } 

The myReport will display List<Order>.OrderShipDate, as well as List<Order>.OrderDetails.Item.AvailableDate.

Here is the error message "Cannot set Column 'OrderShipDate' to be null.Please use DBNull instead". I believed it was caused by Nullable database field of [Order.OrderShipDate] or [Item.AvailableDate].

Please help if there is a way to get around this. Thanks.

Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Nov 2007
5 answers
366 views
Hello,

I am using a picturebox inside the detail section of a report.

Everything looks fine in the web based viewer, but when I choose to export that report to PDF only the first image on every page is displayed (It is a multi-page report). The other image boxes are just blank (the border set is displayed).

This happens when I just use a fixed resource as source for the picturebox (no databinding at all).

What can I do to display multiple images on a page?

I have seen that you use that feature in a demo report (http://www.telerik.com/demos/reporting/Reporting/Examples/DataBinding/DefaultCS.aspx), but I cannot see what you do different to my approach.

I am using Telerik Reporting Q2 2007.

Thanks,

Fabian
Fabian Schulz
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Nov 2007
1 answer
216 views
Is there anyway to control the PDF output for a report?

Here is what I mean...  In Adobe Acrobat, you can control how the PDF is created.  Most commonly used are "Standard", Smallest File Size", and "High Quality", which are nothing more then a set of properties before generating the PDF.

Is there any functionality in the Reporting PDF engine to do this?  I have a report, that contains a logo and quite allot of data.  The report is 10 pages long.  The Reporting PDF engine generates a 1.6 meg PDF file.

Generating that same report through Adobe Acrobat (printing through the Adobe PDF Printer), using the "Smallest File Size" setting, I get the same report, with only slightly degraded quality, with a size of 100k.

The reason this is important is that the HTML viewer has limitations because of HTML.  Some things just don't render quite right, no matter what you try.  However, having the Reporting Engine generate a PDF, and display that PDF takes care of that problem.

The only drawback is the size of some of the PDF's.  For those with slower internet connections, that can be annoying.

Is it possible, and if is not, I'd like to see Telerik consider such an option.

Thanks as Always

Kuba Cole
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Oct 2007
3 answers
250 views
In Report 1.1 version, I am successful to show Chinese in pdf output file (I have installed ArialUnicodeMS in web server). But the out pdf file size is over 15MB.

In Report 1.5 version, my program cannot show Chinese in pdf output file in the same environment. The output pdf file size is only 11kB. The pdf reader prompts error for "No ArialUnicodeMS font is found" when opening the file.

I suspect in Report 1.5 version, the font embedding in pdf file has changed for something. Please help.

Benson.

Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Oct 2007
2 answers
157 views
Hello -

I am creating a module for a DNN site and my goal is to have a single page/user control for displaying the reports. 

I created a Reports class library that currently has 5 reports, but this will grow as time goes by. 

Currently, I have a drop-down list on the page that displays the list of reports that the user can select.  Once they select and press a "Run" button, the selected report should run.

In the button's click event, I have a SELECT CASE statement (this is all vb.net) that sets the report based on the value the user picks.

Is there a better way or more preferred way to handle this type of situation?  Note, there will be some parameters that are the same across all reports, and there are other parameters which do not appear on every report.

This my current code:
  Select Case reportID ' the value from the report drop-down list
  Case 1
        Dim report as ReportLib.ReportOne = New ReportLib.ReportOne
        report.param_Department = Me.DropDownList2.SelectedValue.ToString()
        report.param_EndDate = Me.txtDate.Text.ToString()

  Case 2
        Dim report as ReportLib.ReportTwo = New ReportLib.ReportTwo
        report.param_Department = Me.DropDownList2.SelectedValue.ToString()
  
Case 3
        Dim report as ReportLib.ReportThree = New ReportLib.ReportThree
        report.param_Department = Me.DropDownList2.SelectedValue.ToString()
        report.param_TopValue = Me.txtTopvalue.text.toString()

End Select

thanks
 - will
Will
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Oct 2007
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?