Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
151 views
Developers are on the verge of abandoning Telerik Reporting and it was my decision to move from ActiveReports to Telerik so I hope you can help.

We are generating three reports for an application. The reports aren't overly complex (shows monthly invoices). Whenever a user tries to create the report the web server CPU spikes to 100% and eventually the page times out. Originally thought is was one of the Oracle queries but that doesn't explain why the web server CPU would spike.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Oct 2007
2 answers
147 views
I am just wondering why telerik created another reporting solution. What's the initiative? What's the compelling reason to create another one while there are a number of reporting solutions on the market, such as SSRS, Active Report, Crystal Report, you name it? What are the unique features provided by telerik? Why should I choose telerik instead of others which have already been in the market for over years?

I am sorry if I am posting to wrong forum, but I just did not find enough information from the reporting product page. Thanks!
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Oct 2007
3 answers
208 views
Hi There

I am considering purchasing Telerik Reporting for the school where I work but was wondering if, when using VB.net 2005, I can continue deploying my projects with clickonce deployment after I start to use Telerik Reporting.

Thanks in advance.
Steve Jones
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Oct 2007
6 answers
269 views
Dear Telerik.

I have attemped to bind a report to a object graph using values such as:

IList<Project> list = GetProjects(); 
this.DataSource = list; 
textBox1.Value = "=Location.StationName";   

But I receive the error "The expression contains object 'Location' that is not defined in the current context".

Does Telerik Reporting allow the querying of fields in a deep object graph to be used in a report?

Thanks,
J.



Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Oct 2007
7 answers
333 views
Has anyone created a report that prints on Avery 8160 labels that they can share? :)
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Oct 2007
3 answers
388 views
I have a pretty basic column report setup. Everything looks good in the designer and when I preview it - the column headers are in the page header, and everything is lined up very nicely.
What I want to do is add a couple lines (title, and some other report-specific info) to the header as well. If I do this and lay it out just like I want it in the designer, it looks fine when I preview. It looks fine when I export to a pdf. However, if shifts all my column headers to the right about 1/2" in the web viewer. If I remove those extra textboxes it goes back to displaying fine all around. I've tried adjusting cangrow/canshrink, textwrap, multiline, etc. with the exact same results. Help?
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Oct 2007
1 answer
254 views
My project has come to a grinding halt.  I've had to bind my report to a SqlDataReader.  I know that theres 4 records in my test db that should be returned and displayed in 3 columns.  I have set the columns to 3.  My result... is the very last record displayed in the center of the report..... So heres my question:

how do I manage to get multicolumns to work in asp 2.0? (designing mail lists for use with Avery 8160)

I've used the business card report demo as a guidline but still doesn't work as it should.

I have the margins set to where I beleive they should be as will as the column width and spacing. 

--------
I've fixed part of my problem... now I don't get the first record, but I get the other 3 by settting this.DataSource = dr;

but they are all in 1 vertical column rather than 1 horizontal row (not sure if thats normal or not, I'll have to add more to see what happens)
-----

I've added enough records that should flow over to the 2nd column... unfortunately, it stays in 1 column and continues on a second page... then the paging does work... perhaps this is an issue for tech support?

Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Oct 2007
3 answers
149 views
First, does Telerik offer any capabilities that facilitate a Table of Contents (with or without page numbers numbers) at the beginning of a report?  Are there any examples for this?

Second, is there a feature that adjusts the margins on a duplex printed document depending on whether the page is the front or the back?

Thanks
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Oct 2007
1 answer
236 views
Hello,

How can I add an option in the export dropdownlist of the report viewer - Export to CSV file format?

Thanks,
Radi Atanassov
Brent Howard
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Oct 2007
1 answer
151 views
I have created a report that works as I intended. But after every page I have an empty page with only the header and footer on it? None of the "PageBreak" are set. (they all default to 'None'

Is there anything I can post to clear this out or is this a known issue?
We are using Reporting V1.0

Thanks!
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Oct 2007
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?