Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
151 views
I uninstalled V1.0 reporting, then ran the V1.5msi it says installed successfully but when I want to add a new report there is no telerik report 1.5 in my dialog box. where did i go wrong?
Hrisi
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Oct 2007
1 answer
270 views
Hi,

    1. I want to add groups dynamically at runtime.
        I found one example in forum for adding textbox at  runtime
         which was as follows :
        Dim columnlist As Telerik.Reporting.ReportItemBase()
         = New ReportItemBase(colcnt) {}
         Dim textBox As Telerik.Reporting.TextBox = DirectCast(columnlist
         (i), TextBox)
        I have used the similar thing for grouping as :

    Dim grouplist As Telerik.Reporting.ReportItemBase() = New 
                    ReportItemBase(colcnt) {}
    Dim group1 As Telerik.Reporting.Group = DirectCast(grouplist
            (groupi), Group)

However I getting the error as: "Telerik.Reporting.ReportItemBase() cannot be converted into Telerik.Reporting.Group"
I tried all the combinations but could not get the desired output.
What should I use in place of ReportItemBase? If possible please give me an example of creating groups at runtime.

2. As we can fix the  height of a particular section can we set the width as well?
    Right now the width for each section(header,detail etc)  is getting adjusted according to the number of  textbox it holds.
    I am applying different color for different sections. Due to which the difference of width between each section is easily getting noticed.

Thanks,
Rahul
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Oct 2007
2 answers
206 views
Hi

Maybe I forgot something basic but I upgraded to Q2 reporting and an existing report from Ver 1.0 wont load in design mode.

It gives the error as above:
Type 'Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.SizeU' does not have a constructor with parameters of types Unit, Unit.

How can I fix this.

Thank you
Howard
Syncrony.comj
Howard Rybko
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Oct 2007
6 answers
383 views

 Hi Telerik support,

I have a problem to export a report to pdf programmatically,
I used snippet code found in the reporting knoledge base article,
but when I choose to open pdf file generated on the client, I get following error:

"Found an unexpected Operator in the display list"

With acrobat reader 7, after this error message , I can see report content ... with acrobat reader 8 I can't see report content

Can you help me (I bought license by few days... and I have to go in production with reporting features)?

Thanks
Marco

Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Oct 2007
4 answers
272 views
Hello,
I am aware of the datasource problems posted latley but wanted to make sure you were aware of a few concerns of mine.

When trying to add a datasource to the report via the report's DataSource property, I chose Database datasource type in the wizard.  I then connect to a SQL 2000 database and then am given the option to use tables or views in my report.  What about SQL Server stored procedures?  Will those be supported?

Also - if you set your report's DataSource to a dataset and then delete that dataset in the designer view, the report's DataSource property doesn't automatically update to reflect that.  If you try to change the DataSource property in the properties box, you get 'Object not an Instance' error.

Justin
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Oct 2007
3 answers
939 views
I would like to know how and where I set the format for a textbox to display the date in 'dd/mm/yyyy' my report is displayed in a reportviewer on a web page. What will the TextBox1.Format = ""
string look like?

OK found it
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Oct 2007
3 answers
227 views
Hello
    I have upgraded to the new Telerik reporting and when try to compile my project now after adding a new Telerik report I get the following:

Any ideas would be appreciated.


Jason

Error 1 The type 'Telerik.Reporting.Report' exists in both 'c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\test2\3caf1518\ce94ddf8\assembly\dl3\818c39b2\00bfe8af_30a4c701\Telerik.Reporting.DLL' and 'c:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Telerik.Reporting\1.5.0.0__a9d7983dfcc261be\Telerik.Reporting.dll' C:\web sites\test2\app_code\QuoteFax.cs 9 25 C:\web sites\test2\
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Oct 2007
3 answers
287 views
Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture.  Make sure "Telerik.Reporting.Examples.CSharp.SubGroupReport.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "App_Code.lwbxm85-" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.


Giving this problem any ideas.
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Sep 2007
3 answers
122 views
Can anyone think of a work around that could provide column headings for subreports that span pages?
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Sep 2007
1 answer
117 views
I have read the new features for Telerik Report Q2, but I can't find those what I expect:
1. sub-report:
a. can it has its own ("page header" and "page footer") or (reportheader can print in every page)?
reason: After the main report (detail transactions), I need to print the summary report (use sub-report). But the headings of the main report and summary report are different.
2. shape:
a. double line
reason: It is very difficult to draw "double line" by putting 2 "horizontal lines" and "double line" is very common in report for "total"

Benson.
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Sep 2007
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?