Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
3 answers
197 views
I have a report which contains 4 subreport. I am getting two problems:

1. The report can't be displayed in the reportviewer if I set the subreport control's width shorter then the width of the subreport. The report viewer will continuely running without giving any error message.

2. When I close the application and return to the report designer viewer, the report is freezing and I can't modify the controls in the report designer. I have to close it and open it again to be able to modify the report in the designer.
Hrisi
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Nov 2007
1 answer
169 views
I use the crystal report for vs.2005 and I think most of the person use it like first solution, why there aren't the possibility to convert this report ?

Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Nov 2007
2 answers
143 views
Hello,
I remembered that I read somewhere in your Q3 roadmap for an HTML layout on reporting page. I've been eagerly waiting for this, but now only Table layout is coming out in Q3???

So, is the HTML part for reporting still on your to do list or has it been dropped?

Thanks.
HHalim
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 20 Nov 2007
1 answer
343 views
Hi,

I got one problem when converting my report to PDF format. In the page header section, I have three line shape, a PictureBox to hold bmp logo image, and several other textbox just for displaying static value.

The thing is the image in the PictureBox will disappear when I save the report to PDF.

I also find out that if I don't use shape in the section where the image resides, the image will show up in the PDF format.

The same problem exists in the detail section.

Thanks for your help
Hrisi
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Nov 2007
1 answer
212 views
Hi,
    I want to insert chart in my report. For that I am reffering to the example given in "TelerikReporting_Manual_Q1_2007_SP1.chm".
However  chart wizard shown in example differs from the wizard I am getting in my application.
    I drag dropped the chart tool from toolbox.
    As per the example after selecting the Properties from the context menu the chart wizard shows following tabs:
Chart Type,Data,Elements,Settings,Autoformat
and following buttons:
OK,RESET,CANCEL,NEXT AND PREVIOUS
    However in my application after selecting the Properties from the context menu the chart wizard is showing the following tabs:
Type,Data, Labels,Legend & Title and Axis
 and following Buttons:
CANCEL,Apply and Submit
    The tabs are also not working properly.
    Am I making some mistake or using some wrong dll file ?

Thanks,
Rahul
Nikolay Dobrev
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Nov 2007
5 answers
295 views
Hello ,
 I am trying to use a pie chart in my report .Can this be done only programmatically? Quoting the example from the site
"handling NeedDataSource event for the sub report is not required anymore"
Is there a document which explains how to use report wizard or steps in using a chart non programmatically?

Many thanks in advance,
Vaneeth
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Nov 2007
1 answer
157 views
Hi

I'm assessing whether I could make use of Telerik reports for a project i'm working on. Could you please tell me whether Telerik supports cross tab reports and how this is achieved?

thanks
Marcio
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Nov 2007
6 answers
828 views
Hi,

I am trying to create a report with simple SQL query to accept a dynamic parameter during run time. I have checked the Help file and to was only able to find that "parameter" in reporting is supported.

I searched the entire site to my best of ability but was only able to find an outdated video showing how to achieve it in Reporting Q1.

This is driving me nuts to some extend. Is there a full example where I can reference how can I create a report that accepts parameters and initialize the params via the ReportViewer from a web page? I just couldn't get it to work.

And also, I simply can't find the "Edit Expression dialog" from the context menu in the report designer as shown in the help file. Am i missing on something? I am using Reporting Q2 2007.

Any help is really appreciated. Thanks.

Regards.
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Nov 2007
6 answers
308 views
Hi,

Reporting (v1.5) is working fine on my development machine, but on the server I'm getting...

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: An error occurred loading a configuration file: Access to the path 'D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\web.config' is denied.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\web.config    Line: 0


Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.832; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.832

The web.config has the following definitions:
...

<system.web>

<httpHandlers>

<add path="Telerik.ReportViewer.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.HttpHandler, Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be" validate="true"/>

</httpHandlers>

<compilation debug="false">

<assemblies>

<add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

<add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>

<add assembly="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=A9D7983DFCC261BE"/>

<add assembly="Telerik.Reporting, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=A9D7983DFCC261BE"/>

<add assembly="Telerik.Reporting.Processing, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=A9D7983DFCC261BE"/>

<add assembly="Telerik.Reporting.Interfaces, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=A9D7983DFCC261BE"/>

</assemblies>

</compilation>

</system.web>

Thanks,
Bruce
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Nov 2007
5 answers
626 views
How can i Maximize Report Page dynamically
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Nov 2007
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?