Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
3 answers
279 views

I have used SP1 successfully to render a CCITT G4 compression report through the web viewer.  But now when I automate it through code to churn out many reports in an automated fashion is goes back to LZW compression which is not what I want.  Here is what i have in my code....please help!  Am I formatting my extension wrong or feeding variables to the Render method incorrectly.  The DPI changes but the compression stays as LZW.  Thanks in advance for your help.
Doug

            string mimType = string.Empty;  
            string extension = string.Empty;  
            Encoding encoding = null;  
            Report1 report1 = new Report1();  
 
                Hashtable deviceInfo = new Hashtable();  
                deviceInfo["OutputFormat"] = "TIFF";  
                deviceInfo["TiffCompression"] = "ccitt4";  
                deviceInfo["DpiX"] = 300;  
                deviceInfo["DpiY"] = 300;  
                byte[] buffer = Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.Render(  
                    "TIFF300", report1, deviceInfo, out mimType, out extension, out encoding);  
                using (MemoryStream stream = new MemoryStream(buffer))  
                {  
                    using (System.Drawing.Image img = System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(stream))  
                    {  
                        img.Save(@"c:\temp\" + report1.GetType().Name + "." + extension,  
                          System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Tiff);  
                    }  
                } 

My extension in the web.config look like this....

                <Extension name="TIFF_CCITT4_300" 
            type="Telerik.Reporting.ImageRendering.ImageReport, Telerik.Reporting.Processing, Version=2.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be" 
            description="TIFF file (CCITT Group 4 300dpi)">  
                    <Parameters> 
                        <Parameter name="TiffCompression" value="ccitt4" /> 
                        <Parameter name="DpiX" value="300" /> 
                        <Parameter name="DpiY" value="300" /> 
                    </Parameters> 
                </Extension> 
 
                <Extension name="TIFF300" 
            type="Telerik.Reporting.ImageRendering.ImageReport, Telerik.Reporting.Processing, Version=2.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be" 
            description="TIFF file (CCITT Group 4 300dpi)">  
                    <Parameters> 
                        <Parameter name="TiffCompression" value="ccitt4" /> 
                        <Parameter name="DpiX" value="300" /> 
                        <Parameter name="DpiY" value="300" /> 
                    </Parameters> 
                </Extension> 

Milen | Product Manager @DX
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jan 2008
6 answers
239 views
Hey, there. I'm working on a report which incorporates charts, and binding the data to the charts with the following method:

private void ByDateChart_NeedDataSource(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
        {
            Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Chart chart = sender as Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Chart;
           
            DataRowView dataItem = (DataRowView)chart.DataItem;
            sqlDataAdapter1.Fill(dataSet);
            DataView view = dataSet.Tables[0].DefaultView;
            chart.DataSource = view;           
           
            ByDateChart.PlotArea.XAxis.MaxItemsCount = view.Count;
            ByDateChart.PlotArea.XAxis.MaxValue = view.Count;
            ByDateChart.PlotArea.XAxis.MinValue = 0;
            ByDateChart.PlotArea.XAxis.AutoScale = false;
            ByDateChart.PlotArea.XAxis.AutoShrink = false;
            ByDateChart.PlotArea.XAxis.Clear();   
       
            bool stepLabels = view.Count > 20;
            int stepSize = view.Count /20;
            int index = 0;
            foreach (DataRowView rowView in view)
            {
                if (stepLabels && (index % stepSize != 0))
                {
                    ByDateChart.PlotArea.XAxis.AddItem(" ");
                }
                else
                {
                    ByDateChart.PlotArea.XAxis.AddItem(((DateTime)(rowView["DateStamp"])).ToShortDateString());
                }

                index++;
            }
        }

My problem is that I want to get rid of the numeric label shown at the top of each bar item (it's a bar chart), but I can't seem to. Is there something obvious I'm just missing here?
Maria Gracela
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Jan 2008
2 answers
104 views
I have created a report that when viewed in the designer in Visual Studio looks perfectly fine, but when I look at it in the actual ASP.NET site none of the column headers and data columns line up, and it looks like a total mess.  Is there something I am doing wrong?  I have made several other reports and the positioning was always exactly the same from designer to web.  I am not doing anything programatically, it's all just a very simple report bound to a dataset.

Thanks for any help!
Ryan Skarin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Jan 2008
1 answer
196 views
hi,
thank a lot for you previous reply for my problem. i need to know how to user aggregate functions inside the report. i have a report with three grouping levels.
like Category, sub category, and items. i need to get item counts for parent category grouping levels.

regards,
madu
Milen | Product Manager @DX
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jan 2008
2 answers
76 views
I'd like to know if the Web Telerik Report have a limitation about columns?

My Report shows 10 columns, but the position of the items are irregulars. If I delete 2 columns the position normalizes. Then, I supposes a limit of 8 columns.

That's right?

How can I do my Report works right?
Ricardo Cardoso
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Jan 2008
1 answer
286 views
We have a seiries of reports which are loaded into an I-Frame.  The address the I-frame points to is not the same domain as the website which contains the I-Frame, but the server which host the "report" url is located on another domain.    On our testing servers we seemed to have had no problem with this configuration, but when we posted this solution into production we ran across a problem with Internet Explorer. 

In FireFox browsers, the reports load up correctly and the process is transparent to the end user and they have no idea the reports are in fact a separate url.  But when attempting to load the reports in IE, the report viewer loads up, but it contains an error message to the effect of "Report is unavailable, or session has expired".  If we add the 'report' url as a trusted site we can get the reports to load correctly in IE.  Since we have several thousand users, most of which are not technically savy, having each one add the url as a trusted site would not be a practical solution. 

For the time being, we have the reports 'popping up' in a new window and they seem to load up fine.  We are hoping this is a temporary solution since we are trying to avoid popups and all the problems associated with popups(such as popup blockers).  I know hosting the reports on a separate domain is not an ideal situation, but it is the one I am presented with, and for the time being it is what I am required to work with.  I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction and as to where I could begin to look for the reason the I-frame will not correctly load the 'report' URL when browsing with IE.

An additonal note, both sites use a SSL certificate, but removing the certificates seems to make no difference.

Thanks in advance
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jan 2008
1 answer
125 views
Hi,
       Can we show data coming a particular file on report.
    eg If I have a word file on D Drive and not in database can I directly show that data in report by simply providing the path of that word file.
    If it is possible please tell how.

Thanks,
Rahul
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jan 2008
2 answers
135 views
I am working to modify the name of the textboxes in my report so that they are easily identifyable in my events.  This works, but after each time that I modify the textbox name in the Properties window, VS2005 begins doing some sort of processing which takes more than a minute.  I can't tell exactly what is happening, but I see a bunch of activity in the bottom left atea of the application where it is obviously polling through files and making modifications.

I also see this activity when I rename a report or something similar in the Solution explorer.  Is there any way around this?  It takes a lot of time.
Brad Perniciaro
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Jan 2008
1 answer
147 views
Hi,

When I upload the Telerik Report to the webhost, all the icons on the reportviewer control bar become a "X". Beside that, the report does not load as well.

The code is working fine in localhost. Just wondering if there is some extra thing that I need to upload to the web host in order to get things work? Please advice.

Please do let me know if there are already documentation on this, as I couldn't find it anywhere as well. Thanks.
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2008
2 answers
177 views
SELECT AES_DECRYPT(uPassword, 'myPassword') AS usrPassword
FROM  tbluser


We are trying to use the mySQL database with Telerik Report, but, we are getting error when we using the SQL Statement as above.
But, in the report, it only show
"System.Byte[]" rather than the real value. Please advice.

Ching-Yen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Jan 2008
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?