This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Avery 8160 labels

7 Answers 214 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
rh
Top achievements
Rank 1
rh asked on 09 Sep 2007, 05:00 PM
Has anyone created a report that prints on Avery 8160 labels that they can share? :)

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Svetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 11 Sep 2007, 03:45 PM
Hello rh,

The new version that we're about to release in a week will introduce a report wizard that will assist the report designer in creating a new report. Our future plans are this wizard to allow creating label reports. To our great regret we were short in time for this release and postponed label handling for the next version due at the end of the year.

In case you cannot wait you can create such a report by yourself:
  1. set the Report.PageSettings according to the page size/margins and orientation specified the Avery 8160 standard
  2. set the DetailSection.ColumnCount and DetailSection.ColumnSpacing to define the labels in one row
  3. set the DetailSection.Height to define the labels in a column
  4. add some items to the DetailSection.
and thats it.

Of course you have to know the Avery 8160 label specification.

We hope this will help.

Best wishes,
Svetoslav
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
rh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Sep 2007, 04:51 AM
Is there a place on your site where people can upload reports to share. I think I've created a report for the 8160 labels (still have to test it to make sure it aligns properly) and would like to share it with others.
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
answered on 12 Sep 2007, 06:52 AM
Yes, rh, please use the Code Library. We will be happy to award you for your community efforts.

All the best,
Rob
the Telerik team

Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Oct 2007, 04:02 PM
has anybody posted a solution for this? My project has come to a complete stop as I'm waiting for this.  I've posted yesterday with my problem but haven't heard back.  I have the measurements, but it won't do multiple columns even though I set the columns to 3
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
answered on 18 Oct 2007, 09:16 AM
Hello Tim,

Your Forum post has been answered - please, review it for more details. Your support ticket will be addressed shortly as well.

A quick advise - if you want to get faster responses, please use the support ticketing system, as it guarantees 24 hour response time. The Forums are usually assigned 72 hours and could be addressed slower, especially if the support load is above normal.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Best wishes,
Rob
the Telerik team

rh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Oct 2007, 04:48 AM
Hi Tim, I tried posting my Avery 5160/8160 report to the code library under the Report Templates folder, but my post isn't showing up. Telerik, do you have a suggestion for a way for me to send this to Tim?
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
answered on 22 Oct 2007, 07:22 AM

Hello rh,

The project is being reviewed as we speak and will be approved in a couple of hours. I will post here once we are ready.

Best wishes,

Rob
the Telerik team

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
rh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Svetoslav