Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
294 views
I created a master report with a single sub-report. The master report defines a ReportParameter called "Id" of type string. The sub-report also defines an identical parameter.

I used the master report's designer to edit the values of the Parameters for the sub-report and set the sub-report's "Id" parameter value equal to the master report's "=Parameters.Id".

When I run the report, the Id of the master report is correctly set by the application. However, the sub-reports parameter is not set and returns an empty string.

What am I missing?
Milen | Product Manager @DX
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2008
1 answer
111 views
i was working wd telerik Reporting Version 1.0. bt due to designing prob. and some other problem i switched to Telerk Q1 2008 . and facing the the problem
Unable to Cast the object of binary Function to Unary Function 
that is written in the resulting text field of  radtextbox which have the following value
 =((PACKING*CARTON)+PIECE) * [UNIT PRICE]

Packing , Carton ,pieces and Unit price are the db columns and use for other reporting columns.

 bt when i remove all Parenthesis it works f9 wd display bt not for calculated  result.
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2008
3 answers
284 views
Will Telerik Reporting 2008 Q1 be able to convert .rdlc files ?
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2008
3 answers
296 views
http://www.telerik.com/products/reporting/download.aspx

The .chm file is broken. Doesn't work in either XP SP2 or Vista. Both have IE7 installed.

Screenshot here. Working documentation would be great!
Nikolay Dobrev
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2008
1 answer
312 views
Hi,

Is it possible to get a xtrareports dll which works with new dev version or without version merged in code? I have installed 7.3.7 version on my computer and I cant get it work (this is exception thrown by Activator inside telerik reportwizard module {"Could not load file or assembly 'DevExpress.XtraReports.v7.3, Version=7.3.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9b171c9fd64da1d1' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.":"DevExpress.XtraReports.v7.3, Version=7.3.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9b171c9fd64da1d1"}).

Is possible to rip XtraReport code, compile it to work with new devexpress but without key to sign assembly its useless so please make more dlls (for version 7.3.7 or 7.3.5).
Ivan
Telerik team
 answered on 05 May 2008
3 answers
247 views
I recently installed Q1 2008 of the Reporting (full version) it works, however the templates are not installed.

I've look through: 

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\ItemTemplates\CSharp\1033\TelerikReport.zip
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\ItemTemplates\VisualBasic\1033\TelerikReport.zip
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\ItemTemplates\Web\CSharp\1033\TelerikReport.zip
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\ItemTemplates\Web\VisualBasic\1033\TelerikReport.zip

But none of these TelerikReport.zip exists - nor can I find such in the installation folder of Telerik Reporting (it would've been nice, if Telerik had installed the .zip version there so us without templates manually could install it).

Any solutions - I'd rather not reinstall (and can't why that would fix the problem).

Brgds.
 - Henrik
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 05 May 2008
1 answer
136 views
Is there a way to limit the Export Formats that the Report Viewer offers.

I only want the user to be able to Export to PDF.
I don't want them to be able to export to CSV.
My report just doesn't render well as a CSV and it confuses the users.
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 05 May 2008
1 answer
125 views
I had downloaded Telerik Report Q1 2008 Trial, and proceed installation.
After installation completion, I tried to open Visual Basic project, and create a Telerik Report by adding a new item, and then select "Telerik Report Q1 2008" item from the template box.  Everything seems OK.
However, when I tried to open a ASP.NET project, and tried to do the same thing. But I can't find the item "Telerik Report Q1 2008" from the template box.
After that, I try to add the Telerik report created from the Visual Basic Project.
But the editor seems can't recognize the report, and just open the coding editor, and no GUI anymore.

As we're evaluating whether Telerik's Report module fulfill our web project need.
This make us can't evaluate it.

We looking forward to have technical support to give me a help.

Same problem appear in both Visual Studio 2005 and 2008. 
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
 answered on 05 May 2008
2 answers
226 views
I'm using the Telerik report viewer on a webpage Is there a way to set the report viewer height to 100%?
Walter
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 May 2008
6 answers
134 views
Hi,

I decided to test new reports and I've installed it on my dev machine with windows 2008 + VS2008 (english version). Then I spend about 2h thinking about how to create new report. After this time I found that in 'add new item' box new report is named as 'class' (as normal .cs file) not 'telerik report'. Please fix it, becouse is very not logical.

Regards
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 02 May 2008
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?