Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
128 views
I have a subreport which works fine on its own and works fine if it is included in the report footer of the main report.  It also works fine in either a bound or unbound group footer when viewing in the HTML Preview.  However, when I place it in either the bound or unbound group footer and click on Preview, it just hangs on 'Generating Report'.  I also tried using the report in my ASP.net to generate a PDF and it never returns.
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
2 answers
201 views
i ve just replaced Q1 version with Q3  it is working fine but when i open a report in design view i was not be able to view the designer view ... it gives me the error in the following form


ErrorImage One or more errors encountered while loading the designer. The errors are listed below. Some errors can be fixed by rebuilding your project, while others may require code changes.

Object of type 'Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.SizeU' cannot be converted to type 'Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.SizeU'.

Hide    

at System.ComponentModel.ReflectPropertyDescriptor.SetValue(Object component, Object value)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializePropertiesFromResources(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, Object value, Attribute[] filter)

Object of type 'Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.SizeU' cannot be converted to type 'Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.SizeU'.

Hide    

at System.ComponentModel.ReflectPropertyDescriptor.SetValue(Object component, Object value)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializePropertiesFromResources(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, Object value, Attribute[] filter)

Type 'Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.SizeU' does not have a constructor with parameters of types Unit, Unit.

Hide    

at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.DesignerSerializationManager.CreateInstance(Type type, ICollection arguments, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.DesignerSerializationManager.System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.IDesignerSerializationManager.CreateInstance(Type type, ICollection arguments, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeInstance(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, Type type, Object[] parameters, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.ComponentCodeDomSerializer.DeserializeInstance(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, Type type, Object[] parameters, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeExpression(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, String name, CodeExpression expression)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializePropertyAssignStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeAssignStatement statement, CodePropertyReferenceExpression propertyReferenceEx, Boolean reportError)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeAssignStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeAssignStatement statement)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeStatement statement)

Type 'Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.SizeU' does not have a constructor with parameters of types Unit, Unit.

Hide    

at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.DesignerSerializationManager.CreateInstance(Type type, ICollection arguments, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.DesignerSerializationManager.System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.IDesignerSerializationManager.CreateInstance(Type type, ICollection arguments, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeInstance(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, Type type, Object[] parameters, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.ComponentCodeDomSerializer.DeserializeInstance(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, Type type, Object[] parameters, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeExpression(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, String name, CodeExpression expression)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializePropertyAssignStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeAssignStatement statement, CodePropertyReferenceExpression propertyReferenceEx, Boolean reportError)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeAssignStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeAssignStatement statement)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeStatement statement)

Type 'Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.SizeU' does not have a constructor with parameters of types Unit, Unit.

Hide    

at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.DesignerSerializationManager.CreateInstance(Type type, ICollection arguments, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.DesignerSerializationManager.System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.IDesignerSerializationManager.CreateInstance(Type type, ICollection arguments, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeInstance(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, Type type, Object[] parameters, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.ComponentCodeDomSerializer.DeserializeInstance(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, Type type, Object[] parameters, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeExpression(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, String name, CodeExpression expression)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializePropertyAssignStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeAssignStatement statement, CodePropertyReferenceExpression propertyReferenceEx, Boolean reportError)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeAssignStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeAssignStatement statement)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeStatement statement)

Type 'Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.SizeU' does not have a constructor with parameters of types Unit, Unit.

Hide    

at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.DesignerSerializationManager.CreateInstance(Type type, ICollection arguments, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.DesignerSerializationManager.System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.IDesignerSerializationManager.CreateInstance(Type type, ICollection arguments, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeInstance(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, Type type, Object[] parameters, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.ComponentCodeDomSerializer.DeserializeInstance(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, Type type, Object[] parameters, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeExpression(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, String name, CodeExpression expression)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializePropertyAssignStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeAssignStatement statement, CodePropertyReferenceExpression propertyReferenceEx, Boolean reportError)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeAssignStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeAssignStatement statement)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeStatement statement)

Type 'Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.SizeU' does not have a constructor with parameters of types Unit, Unit.

Hide    

at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.DesignerSerializationManager.CreateInstance(Type type, ICollection arguments, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.DesignerSerializationManager.System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.IDesignerSerializationManager.CreateInstance(Type type, ICollection arguments, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeInstance(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, Type type, Object[] parameters, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.ComponentCodeDomSerializer.DeserializeInstance(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, Type type, Object[] parameters, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeExpression(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, String name, CodeExpression expression)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializePropertyAssignStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeAssignStatement statement, CodePropertyReferenceExpression propertyReferenceEx, Boolean reportError)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeAssignStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeAssignStatement statement)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeStatement statement)

Type 'Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.SizeU' does not have a constructor with parameters of types Unit, Unit.

Hide    

at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.DesignerSerializationManager.CreateInstance(Type type, ICollection arguments, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.DesignerSerializationManager.System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.IDesignerSerializationManager.CreateInstance(Type type, ICollection arguments, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeInstance(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, Type type, Object[] parameters, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.ComponentCodeDomSerializer.DeserializeInstance(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, Type type, Object[] parameters, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeExpression(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, String name, CodeExpression expression)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializePropertyAssignStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeAssignStatement statement, CodePropertyReferenceExpression propertyReferenceEx, Boolean reportError)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeAssignStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeAssignStatement statement)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeStatement statement)
Rehan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
28 answers
700 views
Hi,

How I can localize the toolbar of the ReportViewer ?

Best regard
Ivan
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
2 answers
146 views

I just downloaded the latest (Version Q1 2008 Released 4-16-2008) release of Telerik Reporting, and find that I cannot use the help file.  Every page returns the same error:

This program cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:

  • You are not connected to the Internet.
  • The website is encountering problems.
  • There might be a typing error in the address.

Are there some other missing files associated with this .chm, or am I just doing something wrong by just opening this help file?

Thanks, Don

Don
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
1 answer
162 views
Hi, 

struggling to get a textbox expression to work, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Getting: #ERROR# Unable to cast object of type 'BinaryFunc' to type 'UnaryFunc'.

From expression = ((Fields.Total - Fields.Included) / Fields.Total) * 100

Thanks
Mac
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
1 answer
258 views
Hi there

I'm evaluting Telerik Reporting for use with a number of different. The first need I have it is to produce PDF's of documents. After the header, I have a detail section with a few fields and then the main body textbox. The content of the main textbox comes from a single field and can run to 4 or more pages. When the textbox splits between pages the line of text can be split in half. The top half of the line appears on one page and the bottom half appears on the next page.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Apologies if someone has already asked this question - I have searched the forums, articles, etc but maybe I'm just struggling to describe the problem!

All the best

Ian Goodwin
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
1 answer
129 views
Hi

When I display my report in the designer preview mode it is blank.

I was execting see at least the headings that automatically genereated.

Kind Regards

David
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
1 answer
324 views
Hi,

I am using Telerik Reporting V2.5 trial.
Working environment - XP, VS.Net 2005 and SQL Server 2005, IE 7.
I have created one report using Report Designer, which use one sql view to design the fields and an image (SQL server data type = image).
I am able to see the report in design time from HTML Preview, but in run time it is throwing "Overflow error".

Please let me know where i am going wrong.... :(

Thanks
Pushpal
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
1 answer
358 views
I have a report that is a multi-page report. By multi page I mean that each page contains different type of content so I am using the trick of using group headers with page break set before/after to simulate a multi page report.

This has worked fine so far except that now I need one of the pages to contain mailing labels. The way I've done mailing labels in the past, and the way the new label wizard does labels, is to set the detail size to the size of the label and then use the number of columns to duplicate the label for the page.

The problem with this approach for a multi page report is that I can't change the detail of just one page (at least I don't think I can). In this case, am I stuck basically having to lay out the labels for the page (I need only exactly one page of labels for this report) with textboxes and just populate each textbox probably with a loop in the report code behind?
Ivan
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
1 answer
181 views
Is it not possible to convert reports created with CR XI release 2? When I select Crystal Report 11, from the list in the report wizard the next button is grayed out I am assuming this is becauase I am CR XI release 2 installed, and not just CR XI.

I am working with Reporting Q1 2008 and VS 2008.
Milen | Product Manager @DX
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Apr 2008
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?