Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
3 answers
398 views
We are thing about to replace our current SQL ReportingServices solution with Telerik Reporting.

There are some questions left:
  • Feature Set of Chart:

Is the chart fully customable (Style)? We are now using Dundas Chart with custom colors.

  • PDF Output Quality

Which DPI settings is used for the export of charts and images to PDF?
I haven't found any DeveInfo settings for that.

Which DPI for charts?

Are for images the DPI settings of the images used?

  • PageHeader

Will be with the next release a possibility to add context sensitive data to the PageHeader, like a section title? (see http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-ttkkg.aspx)

Is this release still due for mid of this month?

Thanks
Eric       

Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Apr 2008
0 answers
118 views
Error 122 The type 'Telerik.Reporting.TextBox' exists in both 'c:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Telerik.Reporting\2.0.1.0__a9d7983dfcc261be\Telerik.Reporting.dll' and 'c:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Telerik.Reporting\1.5.0.0__a9d7983dfcc261be\Telerik.Reporting.dll' C:\inetpub\wwwroot\casweb\App_Code\Report1.cs 30 31 http://localhost/casweb/
angel alvarado
Top achievements
Rank 2
 asked on 09 Apr 2008
1 answer
234 views
I have structured my solution so that I have a web app and a class library for reports.  The reports are based on table adapters.  the table adapters have connection strings.

in the table adapter properties it has
connection name = SCREENINGWEBConnectionString (Settings)

that name matches up to the web.config on the web site.  Also defined in myreports.dll.config

The table adapters in my web site have
connection name = SCREENINGWEBConnectionString (Web.config)


Is this the correct way to connect reports in a class library to the web site's data source?  My reports throw a SQL server connection error. (Still trying to figure out the best way to capture those errors)




Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Apr 2008
1 answer
119 views
Hi, I am using Q2/2007 release.  I have my reports built into a DLL that is then copied into my web project (or onto my production server).

The reports are all getting a SQL exception on the prod server.  Trying to debug that, and I am wondering how can I have the DLL return an exception to the web site?


And any info on how to go about debugging the data connection?  web.config I'm guessing.

thanks
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Apr 2008
4 answers
167 views
Hi, I'm using RadControls for Telerik in dot net. On Yaxis it only shows upto one decimal place. What would be the name space to modify it upto say 3 decimal places (pad zeroes)?

Chart.PlotArea? Or Data Table?

Thanks!
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Apr 2008
1 answer
191 views
Greetings:

I have tried twice to install Telerik Reporting 2007 Q2 Sp1.

I dont see it when I attempt to Add and Item to the project.

What am I doing wrong ?

Please advise.

Robb Murdock
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Apr 2008
1 answer
274 views
I want a Print Button instead of the PrintView Control,

is this Possible ?
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Apr 2008
3 answers
573 views
I have report which has many columns so they span over two pages, also I need to have column headers on top of every page.

I would usually do this by adding headers to page header section, but in this case on every page it shows page headers form first page in design mode. If I add headers to report header section it works fine, but it doesn't show on every page.

I tried adding code in pageHeader_databound which hides/shows panels that contain headers, but setting visible property doesn't reflect on report.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance




Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Apr 2008
1 answer
128 views
I have a report that has 20 columns, means each page of the report has to be print 10 columns (1- 10) in one page and (11-20) columns in the second page. I use telerik reporting its is not working properly. Could you please tell me how to do it?
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Apr 2008
1 answer
131 views
Hi,

I just have seen an interesting development, which I hope Telerik will counter with an even better solution.

At http://www.stimulsoft.com/DevReportsStudioMoreInfo.aspx there is information about a webbased report designer. You can see a demo at http://devreports.stimulsoft.com/ (hit the Design button at the bottom to see the designer). Looks to have a very polished interface and is actually made with Adobe Flex.

I hope Telerik will come up with something similar (perhaps using Silverlight?), as it really adds value when you let an end-user design it's own reports in my opinion.

Kind regards,

Martin de Ruiter
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Apr 2008
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?