Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
3 answers
239 views
Hi ,

I am using XML as datasource .
These xml data i am getting from web service.
I am using a Typed datasource and  creating  tables in it.
Now these table i am using as datasource through report wizard datasource object.
I have to implement reporting in both web as well as win application.
Currently i am trying with Windows application.

Now my Questions are.
1. Can i directly pass the XML to report at runtime  and dynamically add the table cotent to report controls.

2. Or can i read data from datatable / dataset and add it to reports details section How?
( I need multiple textboxes or any other control?)
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Apr 2008
17 answers
1.1K+ views
I am creating a report that has so many columns, I need to print the text vertically.

Click here to see an example of what I'm talking about:
http://certpro.thecrosbygroup.com/images/VerticalColumns.jpg

So far, I can't find anything in Reporting that can do it.  I see something in Charting, however.  Is there a way to do it that I just don't see?  Even a way to "trick" the Report into showing a vertical Charting element would be fine.

Thanks for your help!!!

Matthew
Martin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Apr 2008
1 answer
189 views
I was curious if you have implemented the distinct count aggregate yet?  That's an important one for our reports.  If the answer is not yet, do you expect it soon?
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Apr 2008
0 answers
121 views
Hi,
       I had added a sub report to my main and while giving report source it gives an error message as "Object reference is not set to the instance", but i have gave different namespace to both report, since i am geting the same.

regards,
sankar
Sankar
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 03 Apr 2008
1 answer
108 views
//Works in our main server, in my local instance of telerik report, it generates a graph like

Chart image

http://img362.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imagecahcmt7iuc2.png

Zeroes!!! Rad Control directory is in /RadControls.

What am I missing here?

Thanks!
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Apr 2008
4 answers
268 views
I'm having a problem that PDF sizes are too big, like one page grid with no images are getting 1MB. Also zip produces no effect over this files. How can I reduce that?
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Apr 2008
1 answer
63 views
Hi,
       I came forward with the same error, where I didn't use a separate Class Library structure and I am new to Asp.Net , I heared from other post that "Web Site project has a lot of peculiarities and restrictions" .May I know what are they , which may help me to move forward.

thanks,
Sankar
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Apr 2008
2 answers
419 views
Hi,

In windows application, I was trying to add a Telerik.Reporting.TextBox in report object's detail secation. I wrote something like this

Dim ri as New Telerik.Reporting.TextBox()
ri.Visible = True
ri.Value = "hello"
Report1.detail.Items.Add(ri)
ri.Left = Report1.empIDDataTextBox.Left + New Unit(100)
ri.Top = Report1.empIDDataTextBox.Top
ReportViewer1.RefreshReport()

I think it should display my newly added column/item but it wasnt.

Or is there any other way to add a new item/field/column in report dynamically?

Thanks.
Gourangi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Mar 2008
3 answers
226 views

I am trying to create a report with design time support for parameterized queries. Just the same as shown on this video. The problem is that I cannot use the wizzard, nor a SQLDataAdapter. I have a function that given the parameters, returns a dataTable.

I know I can use the following code:

Me.DataSource = dt

But then I lose the design time support as the IDE doesn't know which fields are declared on the dataTable.

Is there any way I can work with a DataAdapter over a middle tier so I can process the data before sending it to the report, declaring the fields I'm going to use so I don't lose the design time support?

Thank you

Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Mar 2008
1 answer
180 views
I notice that when I set PrintOnFirstPage=False on my Page Header Section, it will leave a white space as large as the suppressed header section.  How should I remove the white space?
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Mar 2008
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?