Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
140 views
I am using a placeholder control in my webpage to add some usercontrols. I require to add this placeholder to the telerik report viewer to view the data contained in that palceholder. Is it possible to add a control to the report viewer. Please give me a reply soon as possible .Is it possible to pass string value to the control. Can I add a control to it??? I want to utilize the print, export functionality of the reporting control after adding the contents of the above said placeholder control. Please anyone give me some idea????
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 14 May 2008
1 answer
268 views
Hello,
We are using Telerik reporting (now Q1-2008) to stream a pdf report to a file. Then we stream the file to the web browser.

In the process, we've come across a few issues with the reporting engine
  • If a textbox that is set "CanGrow=True" has too much data (a few pages). The report engine goes indefinately, until it times out (acts like it is in an endless loop).
  • The overall rendering speed is dramatically slower than the PHP/Mysql application it is replacing. For identical Data (and for both applications, the dataset or equivelent being returned in under a second), for roughly 225-260 page report (due to border spacing issues, it is more pages in Telerik reporting), the performance is 3 seconds in our original report, and over 45 in the Telerik Report.

Is there anything that can be done to improve performance? I know I read that you are aware performance is a bit sluggish, but 1/15 the speed is BAD.

Thanks in advance,
Jason

Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 14 May 2008
2 answers
137 views

Its very urgent...pls anyone give me a reply

Can we add  a usercontrol to ReportViewer like we add text into 

private

Telerik.Reporting.TextBox  or image into 

private

Telerik.Reporting.PictureBox..... Is there any solution to display a usercontrol with data directly inside the control. I tried to use Telerik Panel and there also its found not possible to add a control other than Telerik TextBox and other controls. Is there something like Placeholder control in Telerik controls for Reporting or if it is not there can we add it???? Please let me get a quick reply from any of the guys

jaspal khanna
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 May 2008
2 answers
401 views
I'm finally playing with Telerik Reporting. I have a WinForm with the ReportViewer control. I have a report setup. I added a int type parameter called UserID to the parameter collection of the report. I created a filter expression of UserID_FK = the UserID parameter (from the dropdown). In the code I set the param using

reportViewer1.Report.ReportParameters.Add("UserId", Telerik.Reporting.ReportParameterType.Integer, value.ToString());

It only accepted a string as a parameter.

Not clear on the best way to do this.
Digital Man
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 13 May 2008
4 answers
156 views
When Culture is set to Hebrew some elements get displayed from RightToLeft (specifically text). But docking and anchoring do not get reversed.

For example, I have two panels in the detail section. One is bound to the Left and the other to Fill. When the culture is right-to-left, I expect the Left-docked panel to dock to the Right.

Is this a bug? Can it be fixed?

For now, my workaround is to change the docking manually in code if the report is right-to-left. But this is a problematic and inelegant solution and it doesn't always work.
shovavnik
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 May 2008
12 answers
291 views
Hi,

I am working in SSRS for quite some time. Now i have been given a chance to evaluate Telerik reporting before we go in this direction.

Questions:
1. Unlike SSRS can we move/restructure text boxes in the data panel without having an application layer on top in Telerik reporting?
2. Can we show/hide columns dynamically?
3. Does Telerik has richer controls than SSRS 2008.
4. What are the differences between SSRS and Telerik reporting?
5. Deployment issues! (Say: Does it need report server to deploy reports?)

Please suggest on the aforementioned, as it will help me decide on which technology to use for our reports.
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2008
1 answer
279 views
I export a report directly to pdf and send it to the browser in that way:

private void ExportReport(Telerik.Reporting.Report Report)

{

string MimeType = string.Empty;

string Extension = string.Empty;

Encoding Encoding = null;

byte[] Buffer = ReportProcessor.Render("PDF", Report, null, out MimeType, out Extension, out Encoding);

Response.Clear();

Response.Buffer =

true;

Response.ContentType =

"application/pdf";

Response.AppendHeader(

"content-disposition", "attachment;filename=Report.pdf");

Response.BinaryWrite(Buffer);

Response.End();

}

In the IE i can directly open the pdf or save it. When i save it and then open it everything is okay. But when i click on open in the dialog my acrobat reader is executing but the message "file not found" show. What can i do. On an other client it works. I think it must be a client setting.

Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 09 May 2008
1 answer
662 views
Hi, I'm having a little difficulty in using the ReportViewer. I'd like to know how can I do to add the variables to demonstrate in the report.

Only to be more clear my doubt, Using CrystalReport I can add the variables in the position I want to get out in report
Milen | Product Manager @DX
Telerik team
 answered on 08 May 2008
3 answers
290 views
I am trying to use the following sql to generate my reports in reporting 1.1:

Me

.sqlSelectCommand1.CommandText = "SELECT * FROM [vwr_case_info] WHERE (accession_no IN (@accession_no))"

Me.sqlSelectCommand1.Connection = Me.sqlConnection1

Me.sqlSelectCommand1.Parameters.AddRange(New System.Data.SqlClient.SqlParameter() {New System.Data.SqlClient.SqlParameter("accession_no", System.Data.SqlDbType.VarChar, 150, System.Data.ParameterDirection.Input, False, CType(0, Byte), CType(0, Byte), "accession_no", System.Data.DataRowVersion.Current, "'tpc-07', 'tpc-08'")})

However, the report engine is not pulling any results for me.  When I change the sql to

Me

.sqlSelectCommand1.CommandText = "SELECT * FROM [vwr_case_info] WHERE (accession_no IN ('tpc-07', 'tpc-08'))"
everything works.  Am I missing something here or is there a bug in Telerk Reporting 1.1 when using sql parameters?

Ivan
Telerik team
 answered on 08 May 2008
11 answers
231 views
Hi,

I am trying to use Telerik report in my application. I created a class library called ReportLib and refer it in my application using Add reference. My doubt is whether we are creating that Telerik report inside this class library or in our application. Anyway i tried both and then in one aspx page I drag report viewer and on that page load i gave like this 

Dim report As EventList = New EventList()
report.DataSource = ds
ReportViewer1.Report = report

This ds is having the values which is retreiving from the stored procedure. can anyone tell what I am doing is correct or not?

Regards,
Jincy

jincy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 May 2008
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?