Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
10 answers
235 views
Hi

I've just upgraded to the final production releases of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX and Telerik reporting.

I'm having a problem with Charts in Reporting.

My report either binds to a datasource OR in some cases I create the chart programmatically....

Before upgrading, the programmatic charts worked fine but now I simply get a message on the chart saying there IS NO OR EMPTY SERIES.

To try to resolve the problem I've stripped my code down to the following basic code:

    Private Sub Chart1_NeedDataSource(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Chart1.NeedDataSource

        With Me.Chart1
            .ChartTitle.Visible = True
            .ChartTitle.TextBlock.Text = "MY TEST"
            .DefaultType = Charting.ChartSeriesType.Bar

            .Series.RemoveSeries()

            Dim ChartSeries As New Charting.ChartSeries("Test", Charting.ChartSeriesType.Bar)
            ChartSeries.Items.Add(New Charting.ChartSeriesItem(600, "Test"))

            .Series.Add(ChartSeries)


        End With

However I'm still not getting the chart produced...

The code worked fine in the previous release of Reporting.

Binding to a datasource still works OK

Regards

Martin Hoey

Martin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 May 2008
1 answer
141 views
I've created a simple page which contains nothing but a Telerik report viewer. When I run the web application in the IDE, the control shows up on the page as expected.  When I create a virtual directory in IIS 6, and point it to my web application and browse to the page, the report viewer control has broken images and gives javascript errors.

I'm using Visual Studio 2008 on Vista.

httpHandlers in system.web contains 

<add verb="*" path="Telerik.ReportViewer.axd" type="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.HttpHandler, Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=2.5.8.414, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be" /> 

and system.webServer handlers section contains

<add name="Telerik.ReportViewer.axd_*" path="Telerik.ReportViewer.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.HttpHandler, Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=1.5.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0" /> 

Please advise! Thank you...

Andy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 May 2008
2 answers
618 views
Hi,

the samples and posts in the forum are not very clear about that:

Say I have a List<MyDataObject> as Datasource, and MyDataObject has three Properties: double Value1, double Value2 and bool NeedsReformatting. On the Report I have in the detail area two textboxes, one for Value1 and one for Value2.

If NeedsReformatting is false, the Textboxes should display the values, if it is true they should display a dash "-".

I tried this with the Item DataBound event, but using the Processing classes the value is not changed and using the Reporting classes I cannot access the original value of the Data object bound to the current row.

Can you post a simple sample showing how to change the senders (Textbox) text regarding to a certain value of the databound object?

Thanks in advance
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 28 May 2008
7 answers
195 views
We upgraded an older project from 1.5 to the latest release.  The new changes are exactly what we needed, thanks.  Specifically, the zoom in the designer and the warning for box overlap.  Great work.

One thing we have not been able to resolve is the page numbering.  In the reportviewer a 2 page report shows the first page as "Page 1 of 0", the tool bar show 1 of 2.  The second page shows correctly as 2 of 2 in both the toolbar and reportviewer.  The PDF export properly shows page 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 when exported. Code behind is simply
txtPageCount.Value = "='Page ' + PageNumber + ' of ' + PageCount"

Is there a new method by any chance?  We did not experience this in 1.5 that I can remember.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 27 May 2008
1 answer
126 views
Hi all,

The button groups (navigation buttons, print buttons and refresh buttons) appear twice in my ReportViewer. One of the buttons appear as disabled, the other one is enabled. ReportViewer is placed in a UserControl.
Any solution for this problem?

Thanks.
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 27 May 2008
1 answer
63 views
   Dim telerik2 As ChartSeries()
  I want to assign the chart series type inside a if loop
     IF something>10 Then
here i want to give chart series type
     END  IF
Radchart1.Series,.Add(telerik2)
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 26 May 2008
1 answer
487 views
I'm using Telerik reporting, and I have to create a report with many sections that are configurable. So I've made a main report with subreports for each section. In my main report, I'd like to use the header, to set the title of each section. How do I set a textbox's value dynamically in the header of the main report, based on the subreport displayed on the current page?

I've seen in the expression editor that there's a Global Object ReportItem, is there example on how to use that ? Could that be used to get what I want ?

Thanks a lot.

Milen | Product Manager @DX
Telerik team
 answered on 26 May 2008
1 answer
177 views
It appears that the Web Report Viewer doesn't work too well when AJAX-ified.  Are there any plans to make the Report Viewer more AJAX-friendly?
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 26 May 2008
3 answers
357 views
there are two problems I am heading with at moment

1. I have the following code in the report

Public Shared Function PrepareConatctRPT As DataTable  
 Dim ContactTbl As New DataTable  
 Dim aRow As DataRow = ContactTbl.NewRow  
 ContactTbl.Columns.Add("Buyer")  
 aRow.Item("Buyer") = true  
 ContactTbl.Rows.Add(aRow)  
End Function 
 
Private Sub ContactNormal_NeedDataSource(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.NeedDataSource  
        Me.DataSource = PrepareConatctRPT  
End Sub 
 
Private Sub detail_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles detail.ItemDataBound  
  Dim section As Processing.DetailSection = TryCast(sender, Processing.DetailSection)  
  Dim row As DataRowView = DirectCast(section.DataItem, DataRowView)  
  If CBool(row.Row("Buyer")) Then 
   'Do some code here  
  end if  
End Sub 

I have the following error message:

Column 'Buyer' does not belong to table MainTable.

if I have the same function setting datasource from other form, eg. aReport.datasouce=xxx
but not needdatasource (on demand)
it's functional

2. when I have printed using webarchive or word, the alignment is fine, however, when i print it to PDF, the alignment is slightly offset, do you have any idea what could cause it?

thanks and waiting for your reply :)

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2008
1 answer
84 views
Hi,

the new Report Designer is compatible with "old" Telerik Reporting 2.0 reports?

Thanks.
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 22 May 2008
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?