Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
2 answers
276 views
Hello,
It's very good and Important
Enabling Setup telerik reports over SQL Standard, Enterprise or Developer editions

I have a conversation about that with Telerik I think it's nice to view it.
 
From: Mostafa
Date: 6/3/2008 6:14:21 AM
Hello Hrisi,
I try this solution and it doesn't work for me and still I can't remove Telerik Reports or instal SP1 of it.
I have Windows Vista 32bit.

PLease help me ASAP.

Best regards
Mostafa Anoosheh

 
From: telerik
Date: 6/2/2008 7:29:25 AM
Hi Mostafa,

Unfortunately the uninstall script always looks for (local)\SQLEXPRESS instance. You can try to connect to exactly this instance with VS 2005 for example.

If connection fails you can try with uninstall and after that install the default instance of SQLExpress.

If this does not help you can do the following:
  • Drop AdventureWorksQ1 database manually
  • Use Windows Installer CleanUp Utility to remove Telerik Reporting Q1 2008 installation.
  • Delete  Telerik Reporting directory manually.
Best wishes,
Hrisi
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center




From: Mostafa
Date: 5/30/2008 3:04:47 PM
Hello,
I was install Telerik Reports Q! 2008 on my PC with using name of my pc as SQL Instance Name
Now I want to Uninstall it and install SP1 but get this error:
Failed to connect sql database (-2147467259 master   )

Please help me ASAP

Best regards
Mostafa Anoosheh




From: Mostafa
Date: 4/29/2008 9:45:11 AM
Hello Chavdar,
I try to use . (dot) several times and can't done the task but finally I use name of my pc in setup and every gone correctly.

Best regards
Mostafa Anoosheh




From: telerik
Date: 4/29/2008 2:49:32 AM
Hello Mostafa,

We have tried on several machines and the .(dot) works without any problems as well.

All the best,
Chavdar
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center




From: Mostafa
Date: 4/28/2008 12:39:22 PM
Hello Chavdar ,
I simple use . (dot) in other programs on my pc.

Best regards.
Mostafa Anoosheh




From: telerik
Date: 4/28/2008 11:32:43 AM
Hello Mostafa,

If you have correctly specified the SQL Server name(instance) in the login screen and the SQL server is running (service is not stopped) then there should be no problem for the installation given that you have the correct permisions. There is no other reason for the login to fail. Please, make sure that you are entering correctly the server name. In case you do not have a default instance the login only to (local) may fail. In this case you should enter something like this: 
(local)\InstanceName. If you install SQL Server express you will be able to log in with the
(local)\SQLEXPRESS instance.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Chavdar
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center




From: Mostafa
Date: 4/28/2008 10:38:04 AM
Hello Chavdar,
I can login to SQL with my current user but setup can't login to my local SQL Server please help me.

Another note I didn't see any alert about this wickness in your documents or sites please update them.

Best regards
Mostafa Anoosheh




From: telerik
Date: 4/28/2008 5:53:44 AM
Hi Mostafa,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.

Currently Server authentication mode is not supported by the Telerik Reporting installation. However, you have several other options to install the product:

  • Download and install SQL Server Express edition from this link.
  • Add your user to the SQL Server Logins and give it proper permissions.
  • Install the product without the Examples feature. They are also available online at this location.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best wishes,
Chavdar
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center




From: Mostafa
Date: 4/26/2008 11:47:58 PM
Hello,
I Use SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition
During setup and setting Database connection I have 2 problems.
1.when I select local database and windows authentication I get Error 27502.
2. I can't select  Server Authentication Mode to set user and pass

Please help me ASAP.

Best regards
Mostafa Anoosheh
Hrisi
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jun 2008
4 answers
688 views
Hello,

I created two reports yesterday and have finally got them to work in the browser however when I go into Visual Studio 2005 and try and design the reports I get an "Object not set to an instance of an object" in the designer.  I f I create a new report the designer works fine.  It was working fine last night when I turned off my box.  What process can I follow to try and figure out what is causing this.  I'm using Q1 2008 reporting.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Hide    

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.MergedCodeDomParser.System.CodeDom.Compiler.ICodeParser.Parse(TextReader stream)
at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeDomProvider.Parse(TextReader codeStream)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.CodeDomDocDataAdapter.get_CompileUnit()
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager serializationManager)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.BasicDesignerLoader.BeginLoad(IDesignerLoaderHost host)
Jonathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Jun 2008
5 answers
490 views
I need to display the Group Footer which is a SubTotal of Amount , Grouped by Date only if the Month has more than 1 entry.

For example.

Date
1/1/2008  Amount: !.50
1/2/2008                4.50
Subtotal
January:                   7.00

3/1/2008 Amount: 6.00

So far March, I don't want it to show the Subtotal.   I have SubTotals working,
by using a Grouping field and parsing out the DateName and Month using Sql.

But I need to conditionally display the footer.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

David

Also -  Is it possible to display a Grand Total.  For some reason the Page Footer does not recognize the Data Field. 



David
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Jun 2008
1 answer
193 views
Hi,

I have some questions about pie charts in Reporting.
The label of one of the slice in my pie chart is cut-off,
and displayed with ellipsis (...)
Is there a way to set the max length of the labels ?

The other question I have is about the starting position
of the first slice in the pie chart. The first item in the
serie seems to be displayed at 0 degrees by default.
How can I make it start a 90 degrees for example ?

Thanks,
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jun 2008
1 answer
171 views
Hi :o)

I am producing a report that compiles the menus from several restaurant into one large menu.

The issue I am facing is that the menus are stored as HTML for display on the website.

Is there a way to render the HTML - similar to when you user a label on an asp.net page.


Thank you so much for your help and time :o)


Tim x
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jun 2008
1 answer
217 views
        '  
        'textBox1  
        '  
        Me.textBox1.Location = New Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.PointU(New Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(0, CType(Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Cm, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType)), New Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(0.02655513770878315, CType(Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Cm, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType)))  
        Me.textBox1.Name = "textBox1" 
        Me.textBox1.Size = New Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.SizeU(New Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(8.12169361114502, CType(Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Cm, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType)), New Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(2.573544979095459, CType(Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Cm, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType)))  
        Me.textBox1.Value = resources.GetString("textBox1.Value") 

Hi the above error occurs on the last line of the code snippet above.

What am I doing wrong ?

Kind Regards

David
Ivan
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jun 2008
1 answer
115 views
hi,

i am creating a basic telerik report using the trial version of telerik reporting.  i notice that no matter what i do in terms of styling and alignment, the data don't align, i.e. if i want a column's data to align left, it still shows up in my web page as center.  but if i export to a file, the alignment is working.  can someone give me some hint?  thanks.
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jun 2008
1 answer
313 views
Is there a property that hides duplicates for a column in detail view?

If not, what's the best practice for doing so?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jun 2008
2 answers
260 views
Hi :o)

I've just installed the latest version of reporting which appears to be working correctly now - thank you for your previous help :o)

The problem I have now is that when I preview the report I have created with the report wizard it is empty - saying "the source of the report definition has not been specified".

I have compared it to the sample reports and the only thing that I can see that is obvious is that your reports have datasettableadapters also where as the one that the wizard created hasn't.

It must be connecting ok though as it pulled back the fields ok!!!

Thank you so much for your time


TimTom :o)
timtom
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Jun 2008
1 answer
214 views
With the new Reporting for 2008,  it seems that the original steps don't work.
Create a ClassLibrary,  Create a DataSet or TableAdapter and point the
report's DataSource to the DataSet or Data Adapter,  and then Point the
ReportViewer's Report to the report.

MyReport r1 = new MyReport(); // from the class library
dt = ta._Get(...)
ds.Tables.Add(dt);
r1.DataSource = ds;
ReportViewer1.Report = r1;

This used to work.   NOW with the new Reporting 2008  this doesn't work anymore.

What should I do?

Thanks,
David

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jun 2008
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?