Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
3 answers
1.0K+ views
Hi,

    I have about 15 columns on my report. The column name are bigger in size.
Since the column name is not fitting in 1 width I want to display it vertical.
Can I place any textbox vertically?

Thanks,
Rahul
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Jun 2008
2 answers
269 views
Hello,

I'm evaluating Telerik Reporting, and it seems fine except that I can't use the ReportViewer from a Web Application.  The ReportViewer in a Windows Application works ok.

Here are the referenced assemblies in the Web Application project:
Telerik.Reporting
Telerik.Reporting.Interfaces
Telerik.Reporting.Processing
Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms
TelericClassLibrary (my sample reports library)

I get the error below.  The assembly mentioned appears to be the version that I have installed.  I've tried re-installing without luck.  I'm running the Q1 2008 SP1 trial.

Thanks,
Jason

 

Server Error in '/' Application.

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0012: The type 'Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportParameters.IReportParameterEditorFactory' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'Telerik.Reporting.Processing, Version=2.5.8.519, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be'.

Source Error:

Line 277:        
Line 278:        [System.Diagnostics.DebuggerNonUserCodeAttribute()]
Line 279: private global::Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.ReportViewer @__BuildControlReportViewer1() {Line 280:            global::Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.ReportViewer @__ctrl;
Line 281:            

Source File: c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\06035c56\e40911d7\App_Web_default.aspx.cdcab7d2.ngdxlvkv.0.cs    Line: 279
Jason
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Jun 2008
1 answer
255 views
Has anyone use an LLBLGen Collection as a Reporting DataSource?

Here's what I tried:
I added a reference to my generated LLBL dll and the LLBL runtime dlls.  Then I started the New Report Wizard...Create Data Source...Business Object...My LLBL DLL...

I can drill into my dll and pick the collection I am interested in.  I see the fields in the layout dialog and add them to the report.

Since this part went smoothly, I am assuming I am on the correct path so far.  The problem I am having is getting the report to return any data.  It displays without error, but is blank aside from field titles.  I added the connection string to the app.config file.  Is that where it belongs?  Any pointers?

Thanks!




Hrisi
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Jun 2008
3 answers
270 views
Hi :o)        

I wondered if you have any code snippets in vb on how to filter the data in a report programatically as I can't find this in the help file.

Thank you so much

Tim x
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Jun 2008
4 answers
852 views
It seems that if I place a SubReport in the PageHeader or PageFooter sections, the SubReport is not displayed when I export the report. 

I'm using the Web Viewer, and the SubReport shows fine when I'm looking at the report in the viewer, but if I do an export (or print via PDF), I just see blank space where the sub report should be.
Stephen McDaniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Jun 2008
9 answers
525 views
Hi Telerik,

I have created a report and there are some different column in it.
I have used grouping to one column and it works fine.
My problem is the grouping column should be displayed only once and not in the other records. Something like this:

At present:

column1  column2  column3
-----------------------------
fruit         apple         red
fruit        banana       green
fruit        mango       yellow
car         toyota       black
car         nissan        silver

What I want is:

column1  column2  column3
-----------------------------
fruit         apple         red
              banana       green
              mango       yellow
car         toyota       black
              nissan        silver

Note: I dont want separate header for the groups. I want the group columns to be included in the normal fields only. Any suggestion?

Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jun 2008
12 answers
563 views
Hi,

I am sure I am missing something simple!!.

In my we application I am using RadEditor to great effect, everything works fine. The text generated is saved in an SQL database (varchar) type field. When the data is reloaded bach into RadEditor everything is exactly as you would expect, it works perfectly.
My problem comes when I want to use Telerik Reporting to report on my data. The report loads the text literally including all the tags for formatting etc. It does not come back in the formatted fashion as it does in the editor.
Please advise where I am going wrong.

Thanks in advance.


Andy.
JK
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Jun 2008
1 answer
233 views
Hi,
      I am using Telerik Reporting Q1 in my project. I have one column which contains same data and I have to suppress if it is duplicated .
Does telerik have any property which will suppress a field if it is duplicated ?

Thanks,
Rahul
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jun 2008
3 answers
242 views
When I generate a report which is about 50-150 pages. The application seems to run slower and slower. After 2 or 3 request, i hit timeout.
I notice that w3wp.exe is taking a lot of memory. It can go up to 1GB.
How can I overcomes this to improve my performance?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jun 2008
1 answer
232 views
Other than using stylerule collection editor for styling, can I actually use CSS?  Thanks.
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jun 2008
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?