Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
2 answers
215 views
Hi,

I want to generate report programatically. I have a button on a web user control. The code of the button click event:

IzinRaporu

rapor = new IzinRaporu(); // my report class

rapor.DataSource =

Servis.izinRaporla(Convert.ToInt32(TextBox1.Text)); // I'm creating a new SqlDataAdaptor

this.rptView.Report = rapor; // rptView is my ReportViewer control

This code works on an aspx page but it doesn't work on a user control. In user control after setting report object to the Report parameter of ReportViewer, contructor of report is called again and datasource of the report becomes null.

Do you have any idea?   

Thanks.

Aydın Kara
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Jun 2008
1 answer
137 views
Hello,

I have a few multi-page reports that render just fine to PDF, however when they are viewed in the report viewer, there are many more items per page.  For instance, one report only shows four pages with 30 rows per page in the report viewer, but when exported to PDF it has 38 pages with around 12 rows per page.

I would like the report viewer version to match the PDF rendered version (no scroll bars).  Is there a way to control this?  I can't seem to find anything in the documentation or demos.

Thank you,
-Justin
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
5 answers
467 views
Hi -
I want to create a report that requires a single parameter (to become part of the SQL WHERE clause) that will run on my web page or web user control.

I followed the steps on the online video for creating a report for a win form, but the same code does not work for a web form/app.  I want to have a page load and pass in the parameter to the report.

Is there a better example or can someone explain to me?

Thanks
 - will
fnfzone
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
7 answers
473 views
After installing the beta for Reporting I've noticed that there is a Report template for C# but not one for VB.NET.

It would be great to have this added.

Thanks
fnfzone
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
9 answers
427 views

I have a table with two columns (description, value) and I would like show description in legend and value in the Pie Chart.

How could I do this?

Thanks

Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
3 answers
120 views

I have a Telerik Reporting Q1 2008 SP1 and a report that I pass a parameter to. I have it setup to load in a RadWindow and it works great.

I would like to e-mail the report and if I hardcode the parameter in it works great. 

What I can’t figure out is how to pass the parameter to the report when it generates it for e-mail.

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Brett

Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jun 2008
1 answer
231 views
I saw in the documentation that you can only use the PageNumber and PageCount global methods in the report header and footer sections.  I have a reuirement where I need to have those values in the Report Header.  How can I set those values in a textbox on the Report Header?
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jun 2008
2 answers
369 views
i have searched for an answer to this, but cannot find one. I have a reportviewer on an .aspx page. The report is rendered landscape. when i zoom 100%, the report is cutoff on the right, yet there is no horizontal scrollbar present. how do i see the information that is off to the right? i would think a scroolbar would appear to where i can scroll right to see the remaining information.

thanks.
susan
Susan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
1 answer
205 views
Hi All,

I developed a report using telerik Q1 2008. Now I want to add a subreport to this report using the NeedDataSource event of the subreport. the code on this forum uses something similar to following:

1 SubReport subReport = (SubReport)sender;
2 (DataRowView)subReport.DataItem

But, SubReport does not have a definition for DataItem. So it results with a compilation error.Can anyone send me the code snippet to set the Datasource of the subreport.

Thanks.

Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
3 answers
931 views
I have a simple report that I am using to try to make Avery 5160/8160 labels. I have a single textbox on the report set to 1in in height and 2.63in width. However, when I export to PDF and print the report the height of the textbox is a little less than 15/16in which means it is less than 1in. This causes the labels to be misaligned by the bottom of the page.

I also have the top margin of the report set at .5in but when exported to PDF and printed the margin is coming out to 5/8in.

I have the left and right margins set to .19in, but when exporting to PDF and printing the margins are coming out at 7/16in.

All of these things are making it very difficult to make my labels align for the entire page. Is there something that I need to do to make it play nice when exporting to PDF?
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?