Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
5 answers
550 views
Hi

How can I create a Report Header that only appears on Page 1
And then a Report Header that only appears from page 2 onwards ....

I still need the Page Header for all pages, but essentially Page 2, 3 etc. requires a different header than the one on Page 1.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jun 2008
2 answers
259 views

On my report I have text box - Age(). How I can to run below function:

public

string CalculateAge()

{

DateTime BirthDate = DateTime.Now;

int years = DateTime.Now.Year - BirthDate.Year;

// subtract another year if we're before the

 

// birth day in the current year

 

if ((DateTime.Now.Month < BirthDate.Month && (BirthDate.Month - DateTime.Now.Month) >= 6))

years--;

return years.ToString();

}

as User functions for value the text box

Yoni Dagan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Jun 2008
1 answer
269 views
Hello,

i'm new to c# and asp.net and i'm trying to build a report with the parameters UserID, DateStart, DateEnd.

Filtering by the currently logged in User via UserID works:

(ReportViewer1.Report

as Report1).ReportParameters[0].Value = Page.User.Identity.Name;


For DateStart and DateEnd i created Parameters and set the UI visible to true, so the user gets prompted for the values. So far it's ok.

But how should the Filter Expression look like?
Date BETWEEN DateStart and DateEnd? But how can i do this in Filter - Edit Expressions?

I also tried to setup the DateStart and DateEnd Parameters in the TableAdapter Query and if i pass the two values via code in the Report1.cs it works, but how can i pass the two Values from the UI Parameter Fields to the Tableadapter Fill Query ?


Thanks!

Milen | Product Manager @DX
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jun 2008
7 answers
498 views
Hi!
How i can export pdf file on client side(report not visible).Simulation of export button click
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jun 2008
4 answers
593 views
Is there a way I can creater my own custom functions that returns values in Reports?

eg,.
public string GetValue(int val)  
{  
    if(val == 1){  
      return "yes";  
    }else{  
      return "no";  
   }  
} 
so in the field I just have to call

= GetValue(Field.myfield);

I know I can also use the IIF for this but in this specific solution i want to use my own customised function
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jun 2008
1 answer
455 views
Hi, the presentation layer of my reporting model is XML based. The things (data and Formating) are working well except the groups, Unable to display and group data. I have written a ReportVisitor that parse the XML and transform it for the Telerik expected objects. Given Below is the source for Group and the XML.

public override void VisitGroup(Group element)
        {
            Telerik.Reporting.Group HeaderGroup = new Telerik.Reporting.Group(); 
            Telerik.Reporting.GroupHeaderSection HeaderGroupSection = new GroupHeaderSection();
            Telerik.Reporting.GroupFooterSection FooterGroupSection = new GroupFooterSection();
           
            HeaderGroup.GroupHeader= HeaderGroupSection ;
            HeaderGroup.GroupFooter = FooterGroupSection ;
            HeaderGroup.Grouping.AddRange(new Telerik.Reporting.Data.Grouping[] {new Telerik.Reporting.Data.Grouping("=Fields.[" + element.Column + "]")});
            this.currentContainer.Report.Groups.Add(HeaderGroup);           
            this.currentContainer = HeaderGroupSection;
           
            element.Header.Accept(this);
           
            if (HeaderGroupSection != null)
                {
                    CalculateMaxHeight(HeaderGroupSection);
                    HeaderGroupSection.PrintOnEveryPage = true;
                    HeaderGroupSection.KeepTogether = true;
                    HeaderGroupSection.PageBreak = PageBreak.None;
                }

            this.currentContainer = FooterGroupSection;
            element.Footer.Accept(this);
           
            if (FooterGroupSection != null)
                {
                    CalculateMaxHeight(FooterGroupSection);
                    FooterGroupSection.KeepTogether = true;
                    FooterGroupSection.PageBreak = PageBreak.None;
               
                }

            this.currentContainer = this.currentContainer.Report;
}

------------------------------------------------------------

 <group level="1" column="Email" newpage="true">
          <groupHeader width="5000" height="70">
            <boundField id="boundField#" datafield="Email" left="0" top="2" width="300" height="30" wrap="false" formatString="" textalign="left" cssclass="GroupTitle" borderwidth="" borderstyle="" bordercolor="black"/>
            <label id="label#" text="Some Heading" left="0" top="32" width="35" height="21" wrap="true" formatString="" textalign="left" cssclass="Header" borderwidth="" borderstyle="" bordercolor="" fontfamily="Arial" fontsize="11px" fontweight="bold"/>
          </groupHeader>
          <groupFooter width="950" height="35">
            <runningTotal text="Count" expression="count(property)" datatype="System.Int" reset="true" resetvalue="0" left="370" top="5" width="100" height="21" wrap="false" formatString="{0:N0}" textalign="right" cssclass="GroupTitle" borderwidth="" borderstyle="" bordercolor="" />
          </groupFooter>
        </group>

Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jun 2008
3 answers
94 views
Hi

I had a similar question with regard to page headers.
However this question relates to page footers.

How can I create a special page footer for page 1 only.
And then create special page footers for pages 2, 3, 4, ... etc.?

Thanks
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jun 2008
1 answer
156 views
can anyone please help me with "create a telerik reporting directly in webform". sample code will be great!  I really need to create report in my web application programmatically instead of creating a class library to contain my report.
thanks!
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jun 2008
1 answer
123 views

I have a report that has a textbox and gets it's values from a MS-SQL database, when the textbox has a value of 0 I would like the text box to  display text.

For example,

If fields.Cost is equal to 0 then display "No Cost"

Or sometimes, if the value is 0 I would like it to display nothing at all.

How would I go about doing that?

Thanks,

Brett

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jun 2008
1 answer
255 views
Hi,

I have a problem with docking. I have a table-like report. I need to dock report items in group section to the left. I select all report items and select dock to left. But the order of the items changed, it shuffles report items.
Do you have any idea?

Thanks
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jun 2008
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?