Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
2 answers
348 views
I am newbee to the Telerik reporting. I just downloaded and read through the best practices for architecting the solution. The best practice suggests me to organize the reports in to a class library and then use this library in the report viewing application. Instead i would like to organize the reports in a database. I was looking for a functionality where in I could save the report.cs file to an external file (for e.g XML based ) which, i could save in to the database and load from. I can even save the report.cs file in the database and create a lib at runtime. But wanted to know if a shortcut is available. Would appreciate help in this regard.
Ninaad
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 May 2008
5 answers
170 views
I have installed a Trial version of Telerik Reporting Q1 2008 on my computer.
I created a page and placed a Telerik report viewer control.
All of the samples are working normaly except:
  • Product Catalog Report
  • Product Line Sales Report
which have a UI report parameter visible.
The program says:
A critical error has occurred.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Then I created my own Report, added a parameter. It works fine until I set its UI property Visible = True.

Why is this happening?
Can you help me solve this problem?

Thank you very much and best regards.
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 21 May 2008
1 answer
212 views
Hi

Is it possible to maintain a datasource connection string in a config file (like the web.config of web site) for all reports.

I'm creating a web application, but in a seperate project I'm creating the reports.
Once published, it will be known where the database reside, so changing the connection string only at one place so that all the reports then use that connection string.?
Ivan
Telerik team
 answered on 21 May 2008
2 answers
93 views
I just have a quick report.  I was looking at the TextBox page on my local copy of the Reporting documentation, and the link "expression" (ms-help://telerik.reporting.2.5/Reporting/DesigningReportsItemBindingExpressions.html) does not work.  I thought I'd let you guys know in case you haven't found this already!
Nikolay Dobrev
Telerik team
 answered on 19 May 2008
1 answer
127 views
Hello,

I've been working heavily with Reporting for the past few weeks and I have noticed that some aspects of the documentation could use some improvement.  For example, in the Chart topic and sub-topics, there is hardly any substantive documentation.  However, if you look at the RadChart section in the WinForms suite, the documentation is great!  I was thinking, do you think you could update the Reporting documentation to at least copy the helpful things that already exist in other control suites?  It seems a little illogical to have to refer to one product documentation for a totally different product :)

Thanks,

UIdev
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 17 May 2008
2 answers
167 views
Hello,

I'm trying to design a report but I'm having some issues with using the chart.  I have a DataSet that I'd like to somehow plug into a pie chart.  The structure of the sole table in the DataSet contains a column named "Nation".  For each row in the table, I'd like to increment the nation's slice of the pie.  However, I really have no clue where to get started.  When I go right click->properties on the chart and select the Data tab, it just says "use the NeedDataSource event."  I looked into that, but the documentation is severly lacking and I couldn't figure out anything.  So if you guys could come up with an answer to this problem it would be very much appreciated!

Thank you,

UIdev
UIdev
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 May 2008
1 answer
215 views
Hello,

Is there any table which you can use to list your fields.
I am new to Telerik Reporting. I usually use Visual Studio to design a report in rdl/rdlc files and there you have a table.
How do you achieve this in here if you want to have horizontal line separator between each record and align them center if a cell grows?

Regards,
ME
Ivan
Telerik team
 answered on 16 May 2008
6 answers
281 views
Hi. Is it possible to use the r.a.d. reporting tool to generate Avery labels that users can export to MS Word? These labels are available in MS Word under Tools > Letters and Mailings > Envelopes and Labels > Options. This would be a very useful and handy tool to have, if it's not already available.

Thank you :)
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 16 May 2008
4 answers
292 views
Hi, I have an arraylist, which contains lists of customzied objects
for example ( TPerson )
some properties in the object, link to another object
for example
(TPerson.detail, it will query a record from other table)

However, when i bind arraylist as Datasource
it seems try to get all values also the refereal values (maybe using object persistence), which makes it slow

I use the same object in Grid and it doesn't show that behaviour

any suggestions?
Leon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 May 2008
1 answer
101 views
I'm evaluating Telerik Reporting, and I have a question about its capabilites. In my application I need to generate a multiple-page document that displays in text and charts a number of fields within an XML document. The data will span several pages, but this is not a document where there are multiple rows of similar data, like a contact list or invoice list. Unfortunately all of the sample reports on the web site that I looked at contain examples where the reports show collections of data and not the kind of thing I'm trying to do. Does this mean that what I'm trying to do isn't supported, or is there way to do it? I'd appreciate some help on this. Thanks!
Milen | Product Manager @DX
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?